Pre-v36 Bugfix List

No I'm talking about (for the most part) incontrovertibly useless and silly resources like Blenders and Vacuums. They are not prereqs for anything, and are of very little value even as trade items. Yet they all have to have their own factory and their own 5 air pollution. There are literally dozens like this (I have a list of more than 70 somewhere).

Nevertheless they do no harm (except to our credibility). I mentioned them as a potential 'quick and dirty' solution if the Resource tab problem can't be fixed any other way.

Oh, OK. I never get that far as I am currently more interested in getting the first 3-4 eras completed. There is a whole bunch of diplomacy and black ops stuff still to be put back in and added for the first time. Mainly from WLBO mod. ;)

If you have a list of those resources/buildings we may need to look at moving them into an optional module until their use can be included. I expect there was intended to be uses for them but it was just not finished. They are probably required for extra content in the late Transhuman era onward.

There are some early resources we should look at obsoleting at some stage. It depends on if the buildings that require them upgrade to something that assumes the resource. Corporations also need to be considered.

<snip>

No I'm talking about (for the most part) incontrovertibly useless and silly resources like Blenders and Vacuums. They are not prereqs for anything, and are of very little value even as trade items. Yet they all have to have their own factory and their own 5 air pollution. There are literally dozens like this (I have a list of more than 70 somewhere).

Nevertheless they do no harm (except to our credibility). I mentioned them as a potential 'quick and dirty' solution if the Resource tab problem can't be fixed any other way.

This would be Mr Azure's additions before he left again.
@TB:
There is an Aotearoa save of mine attached to post #1373 in the SVN bugs thread. Sorry I haven't bothered to work out how to link it. As mentioned above, there should be a small Ottoman territory near the centre of the map that is still only roaded.

And now some other bugs of mine that I found while looking for that save:
1. I have minus 1 billion votes in the Congress of Vienna and Apostolic Palace.
2. The GoTo City button causes CTDs with viewports. Main problem is that, when the unit reaches the city in the initial turn with moves remaining, the unit list for the city comes up for you to give it further orders. But the city may be (is usually) outside the current viewport, so those units don't validly exist from the viewport's 'point of view'.

#2 is something that most likely only Koshling understands. Maybe alberts2 can dicipher that. Does increasing the size of the viewports help?

JosEPh

The bug whereby sea critters are spawning in fresh water lakes (lake and shore) can be left for after the release. It involves adding two new terrains and updating the post map script to place the new terrains properly.

The apparent bug with needing special workers to build special improvements eg the two Aztec Workers and the Rapi Nui worker also has a solution (I think). IE we can merge them into the normal workers and have the improvements require a resource that is provided by the Culture or Great Wonders. This should also be left until after the release.

Both of these lead to a chain of additions and changes which will look better coming out all together;)

I believe the later game resources have a place but the place isn't fully defined yet. As DH said, the focus has been on mastering the first part of the mod. I had some plans to implement them in naval unit prereqs that will soon come to light as well. And yes... corporations corporations corporations - late game developments hitting this side of the game should be pretty impressive with the newer resources and the toll they take on the cities that do produce them.

I can't say that I have enough familiarity with voting procedures or multi-map/viewport issues to address anything along those lines. I need to get there at some point yes but I'm not there now and that means any attempt from me to solve those issues are very likely to introduce bigger problems. I'm not terribly satisfied with a lot of the functioning of the viewports mod but happy that in general it works at all because it's a great step. The interaction with it needs a lot of work to make it worth using imo.

Some1 might want to check out the flanking bugs of horse units. Knight for example does not do any flanking damage to siege units despite the sevopedia disinfo claims it will. Carabinier flanking is all over the place, it flanks the bombards for example but not culverins. Disinfo screens claim that it will flank "cannons". :rolleyes:

Another example that many good units have been created but not finished. Oh and the national horse breeder still isn't working in pre-V36 May version. Some denialist donk trashed me last time that i (again) reported it in a usual ignore-deny-get hostile-admit defeat and maybe even start fixing the bug-way of this place but it is still there. Opens horse trainer available to be built only in some random cities.

The disinfo of the unit properties and abilities is getting quite irritating, as this info is totally unreliable now at least within horse units and thus searching for proper flanking units must be done trial and error, i can only imagine the frustration and confusion of those new to Civ IV and this mod.

Apart from this, the new building icons are nice and neat and nothing game breaking has yet been noticed up till renaissance era. Few more Civ IV has stopped working-errors are seen than before and at one point the turn changes lasted for minutes and i thought that this was another broken beyond playable crap but after a few such turns and restarts, the problem went away even when everything just kept increasing. Now map is much more full and turn changes go very fast. Go figure. Up till now, the foreign advisor trade screen has not yet merged but i'm awaiting it to do so, hopefully in vain.

Best version so far after at least three broken far beyond playable-"official" releases. Maybe this beta of beta actually is the first version that actually works well enough to the end. Hopefully V36 is even better, for at least for now it can be worse than this pre V36. Same cannot be stated from three previous official releaes.

Those horse flankings should be pretty easy to brush out before the V36. It is pretty irritating to read which units does what and then discover that they actually don't.

I don't know if it's a bug or whether I am doing something wrong but it seems to me that when the "Fruit Picking Camp" improvement becomes available the highlighted action still says "Create a Fruit Gathering Camp".....not sure if it actually does improve

Oh and the national horse breeder still isn't working in pre-V36 May version. Some denialist donk trashed me last time that i (again) reported it in a usual ignore-deny-get hostile-admit defeat and maybe even start fixing the bug-way of this place but it is still there. Opens horse trainer available to be built only in some random cities.

The National Horse Trainer is working the way Hydro and I want it to work. All I can think of is that the text that goes with it must be misleading in some way. I'll see if I can get time to look at the text later today.

Some1 might want to check out the flanking bugs of horse units. Knight for example does not do any flanking damage to siege units despite the sevopedia disinfo claims it will. Carabinier flanking is all over the place, it flanks the bombards for example but not culverins. Disinfo screens claim that it will flank "cannons". :rolleyes:

Another example that many good units have been created but not finished. Oh and the national horse breeder still isn't working in pre-V36 May version. Some denialist donk trashed me last time that i (again) reported it in a usual ignore-deny-get hostile-admit defeat and maybe even start fixing the bug-way of this place but it is still there. Opens horse trainer available to be built only in some random cities.

The disinfo of the unit properties and abilities is getting quite irritating, as this info is totally unreliable now at least within horse units and thus searching for proper flanking units must be done trial and error, i can only imagine the frustration and confusion of those new to Civ IV and this mod.

Apart from this, the new building icons are nice and neat and nothing game breaking has yet been noticed up till renaissance era. Few more Civ IV has stopped working-errors are seen than before and at one point the turn changes lasted for minutes and i thought that this was another broken beyond playable crap but after a few such turns and restarts, the problem went away even when everything just kept increasing. Now map is much more full and turn changes go very fast. Go figure. Up till now, the foreign advisor trade screen has not yet merged but i'm awaiting it to do so, hopefully in vain.

Best version so far after at least three broken far beyond playable-"official" releases. Maybe this beta of beta actually is the first version that actually works well enough to the end. Hopefully V36 is even better, for at least for now it can be worse than this pre V36. Same cannot be stated from three previous official releaes.

Those horse flankings should be pretty easy to brush out before the V36. It is pretty irritating to read which units does what and then discover that they actually don't.
Before I look into the flanking issue you bring up, I want to ensure that you aren't making the same mistake I did for the longest time in my understanding of this basic CivIV Vanilla BtS concept.

I used to think that it was supposed to do this flanking damage when the unit attacked. However, apparently it's only supposed to do said damage (along the lines of a bombard-like effect) WHEN and ONLY when the unit WITHDRAWS from the battle.

I'm not saying I disagree that there's a problem but I've never tried to really test to find out tbh. Usually my mounted units destroy what they attack. And if they win the battle, they are apparently not supposed to get the benefits of the flanking strike.

I can find nothing wrong with the National Horse/Camel/Elephant Breeder. The buildings are behaving almost as they should and the text, while not what I would have written, is not inaccurate. The only minor thing wrong with them is that they can be built in more cities than they should.

I can find nothing wrong with the National Horse/Camel/Elephant Breeder. The buildings are behaving almost as they should and the text, while not what I would have written, is not inaccurate. The only minor thing wrong with them is that they can be built in more cities than they should.

Do you mean you can have Multiple H/C/E Breeders in your empire or that they can be built in cities that don't/shouldn't qualify?

Once I build one I can't build another of the same type some place else or at least it does not show up in the build list for me. I've not tried queuing it in multiple cities though at the same time either.

JosEPh

They are National Wonders so you can only build one of each type. They allow you to build horse units in one city that does not have horses in its vicinity.

They are National Wonders so you can only build one of each type. They allow you to build horse units in one city that does not have horses in its vicinity.

And that's what I was inferring. But was responding to this part of your last post.
The only minor thing wrong with them is that they can be built in more cities than they should.
And was wondering how you would do that.

JosEPh :)

I have a fix for the following two bugs but wont put them in until v36 has been released as the fix involves adding two new terrains.
1) BtS bug where if you put a resource eg fish in a fresh water lake it turns into a salt water sea.

2) Sea animals spawning in fresh water lakes.
Unfortunately there is something that is turning shores/lakes back into coast/ocean if it is where a nation is spawned. This is happening somewhere after the last bit of code in the map scripts.

If you refer to the national horse breeder issue, you are once again totally wrong and totally clueless of the issue at hand.

National horse breeder does not allow "building of horse units" as such in the context of concerning this issue, it allows (or should allow) horse trainer-building to be built in every city. At least that is what is stated with horse trainer building. There clearly reads that national horse breeder is one of the few things that unlocks the building. This horse trainer building then allows the building of horse units.

Since it is a NATIONAL horse breeder, it should allow the building of horse trainers nationally, just like national smelters and mints do with their respective resources. Now it only works in some random cities, in many it does not. It definitely is not smart to make some national resource wonders national and some not.

I'm so very tired of clearing simple things time after another to you, who really should know or at least be interested enough to even read them properly as a part of the mod team. Please, if you are clueless and lost with the issue in discussion and cannot be bothered to even see what it is about, please stay away from it and spare many from unnecessary waste of energy.

Few other things:

-Galleon and Man o war look exactly the same in map.
-If not done already, finally do fix the modern armor production value (ICOST) issue so i don't have to do it the fifth time in the next version. It only takes few minutes to fix and is reported numerous times. Too easy to fix or what really is the issue here - that was a rethorical question.

If you refer to the national horse breeder issue, you are once again totally wrong and totally clueless of the issue at hand.

National horse breeder does not allow "building of horse units" as such in the context of concerning this issue, it allows (or should allow) horse trainer-building to be built in every city. At least that is what is stated with horse trainer building. There clearly reads that national horse breeder is one of the few things that unlocks the building. This horse trainer building then allows the building of horse units.

Since it is a NATIONAL horse breeder, it should allow the building of horse trainers nationally, just like national smelters and mints do with their respective resources. Now it only works in some random cities, in many it does not. It definitely is not smart to make some national resource wonders national and some not.

I'm so very tired of clearing simple things time after another to you, who really should know or at least be interested enough to even read them properly as a part of the mod team. Please, if you are clueless and lost with the issue in discussion and cannot be bothered to even see what it is about, please stay away from it and spare many from unnecessary waste of energy.

The building is behaving exactly as it was designed to. It allows you to have horses in exactly one city, same for the elephant and camel version. That is what they are for.

The smelters are much further down the tech tree and require/assume suitable transportation networks.

If you want horses in all your cities build the tamer building in a city with horses, build horses and move them to the new cities. That is what they are for.

If you want something similar to the smelters for the animals then they would need to be moved down to the same part of the tech tree. It has the advantage that we would be able to get rid of some tamed animals but there would be less time for the quests based on riding animals.

edit The biggest reason for these buildings if for nations where their cities have been built so that no horses etc. are in the vicinity of a city but outside that range. In that case the nation can't get any of the buildings or units without this building.

-Galleon and Man o war look exactly the same in map.

Hmm I looked on these models and they pretty different. Ship of the Line is more like Galleon but still its another model. Which civilization you saw with this bug?

Before I look into the flanking issue you bring up, I want to ensure that you aren't making the same mistake I did for the longest time in my understanding of this basic CivIV Vanilla BtS concept.

I used to think that it was supposed to do this flanking damage when the unit attacked. However, apparently it's only supposed to do said damage (along the lines of a bombard-like effect) WHEN and ONLY when the unit WITHDRAWS from the battle.

I'm not saying I disagree that there's a problem but I've never tried to really test to find out tbh. Usually my mounted units destroy what they attack. And if they win the battle, they are apparently not supposed to get the benefits of the flanking strike.

No, the horse units x really did the flanking damage constantly and horse units y did not against the same stack. Had numerous units and great opportunities to test this out as opponent had siege weapon stack totaling over 150 units.

Top Bottom