Pre-v36 Bugfix List

The National Horse Trainer is working the way Hydro and I want it to work. All I can think of is that the text that goes with it must be misleading in some way. I'll see if I can get time to look at the text later today.

It still is national horse breeder... and i don't think it is working properly. It should unlock horse trainer buildings in every city as it promises to do.

So some national resource wonders should produce nationwide results and some don't ? And you claim that this is intentional ?? Even when the horse trainer building clearly states in every city and sevopedia that national horse breeder wonder unlocks it ???

Sorry, so many of your claims and very hasty assumptions have proven to be inaccurate and false that I just don't believe you anymore. Even if you were right, this national resource wonder x produces nationwide results while national resource wonder y doesn't(even when it claims and promises to do so)-system is totally ludicrous in all it's illogicality and falseness.

@Reisk,

The National Norse breeder has always been for 1 city only. Same as Nat. Elephant Breeder, etc. of that line of buildings. You build it and then as DH said you now build the Amphibian training Complex which allows you to have Tamed Horse, etc. You then move a Tamed Horse to another city use it to build the Horse Herd Bldg. From the Herd Building you can then build the Horse farm. Once you build the Horse farm then you have horse available to build Horse Mounted units.

The only exception to this is If you have Founded Tengrii and Converted to Tengrii religion, or Converted to tengrii from another AI sending in missionaries or asking you to convert thru Diplomacy. Then the Tengrii Religion allows you to build the Tengrii Horse trainer bldg in any city you have.

The wording of the Pedia does not iirc say it unlocks it in every city. That is a misinterpretation on your part.

And yes some national resources bldgs produce nation wide results and others do not.

As to your "sorry statement", that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But you've not been a part of the development of this mod, just a user of it. The Pedia is usually the Last thing that gets corrected. And up until recently the rapid changes to C2C has precluded keeping the Pedia up to snuff. That has been the case for years.

The Team just does Not have someone dedicated to keeping the pedia descriptions totally accurate for the current state of the Mod. If you can not cut some slack there then you will always be disappointed with the Pedia. Because it will Always Be the Last thing Updated, Always.

And if you have not figured it out yet I'll tell you, C2C is a Hodge-podge of different modders work. And the modders are spread all over the world not just the USA. Even we have a hard time keeping most of the time. We have no room we can gather in with several computers to go over the recent changes done by Modder X. We have a Lead for the team but since we are all amateurs doing this for Fun the organization is very loose. So whether it's "system is totally ludicrous in all it's illogicality and falseness" is just your opinion as an end user. And every Modder has their own project, but that does not mean every modder can or will even be able to do all the "detail work" needed to satisfy your and others like you demands for perfection in the Pedia and hover overs and Text and etc. etc. etc.. That is just how it is, understand that please. And even we modders can get confused over how things work too. So really lay off the personal criticism, you may find that eventually it will kill the work being done (out of love for the game) here. We do this because we want to. And if RL and/or want to interferes you the user must live with it. We're not Firaxis or anyone getting compensation for what we do in the Mod for BtS. We are fans of the Civ IV BtS game, and as such have strifed for years to make a Mod that pleases 1st ourselfs and then hopefully others as well. If we displease you too much you are always free to move on to something else.

We are trying but the team is half of what it used to be because this is just after all a game and Real life does intrude and takes talent away. 7 years later getting new talent to replace the lost is much harder than it was. Understand that also.

JosEPh

No, the horse units x really did the flanking damage constantly and horse units y did not against the same stack. Had numerous units and great opportunities to test this out as opponent had siege weapon stack totaling over 150 units.
They also have to have movement points left after the battle to use in the flanking attack.

No, the horse units x really did the flanking damage constantly and horse units y did not against the same stack. Had numerous units and great opportunities to test this out as opponent had siege weapon stack totaling over 150 units.

hmm. Entirely possible. I'll have to run extensive tests. Someday.

So some national resource wonders should produce nationwide results and some don't ? And you claim that this is intentional ?? Even when the horse trainer building clearly states in every city and sevopedia that national horse breeder wonder unlocks it ???

Sorry, so many of your claims and very hasty assumptions have proven to be inaccurate and false that I just don't believe you anymore. Even if you were right, this national resource wonder x produces nationwide results while national resource wonder y doesn't(even when it claims and promises to do so)-system is totally ludicrous in all it's illogicality and falseness.

I'm sorry but I need to weigh in here. I've been following this mod since version 9 or so and the work that these people put into is immense, and you have the gall to say this??
They are paid ZERO for all their time and effort. I update with the SVN and it comes almost daily. Instead of complaining maybe you should say thank you for creating the best mod for this game ever.

I think "best mod ever" might be an exaggeration and is definitely entirely subjective.

Yes, you are correct of course. It's my opinion, not a fact. I just feel Reisk@ should be a little more appreciative of the hard work that goes into this mod. I've always found that most bugs a fixed rather quickly. I remember the long standing issue with stacks of 20-30 barb Neanderthals and swarms of snakes everywhere, that's a distant memory. I guess my point is, give it time and it will get worked out.

I think "best mod ever" might be an exaggeration and is definitely entirely subjective.

Yes this is entirely true. But as long as I've been using and adding input (from day 1) this mod has always striven to be better. But because we (for the most part) are amateurs at game programming and tweaking we do make mistakes and we do get tired.

None of us here are Dale or Kael of FFH. If we were we'd be doing this for a living! Even at 63 yrs of age If I had those ppl's skill sets, I'd be making money off my skill set. Just like they are. But alas, I 'm not. I personally am just a passionate but sometimes cranky Fan of a game that is "old" by gaming standards.

And I'm Happy I've finally become a part of the team Officially. :) But even so I know that my skills are limited and I could never carry the mod like DH, T-brd, Sparth, alberts2, Toffer90, and any other member I've failed to mention does. What I can do is make "tweaks" and add balance in some areas just from the sheer fact that I've played this mod since inception. But even elephant memory JosEPh (former co-workers called me that in RL) forgets things from time to time too.

JosEPh :)

Yes this is entirely true. But as long as I've been using and adding input (from day 1) this mod has always striven to be better. But because we (for the most part) are amateurs at game programming and tweaking we do make mistakes and we do get tired.

None of us here are Dale or Kael of FFH. If we were we'd be doing this for a living! Even at 63 yrs of age If I had those ppl's skill sets, I'd be making money off my skill set. Just like they are. But alas, I 'm not. I personally am just a passionate but sometimes cranky Fan of a game that is "old" by gaming standards.

And I'm Happy I've finally become a part of the team Officially. :) But even so I know that my skills are limited and I could never carry the mod like DH, T-brd, Sparth, alberts2, Toffer90, and any other member I've failed to mention does. What I can do is make "tweaks" and add balance in some areas just from the sheer fact that I've played this mod since inception. But even elephant memory JosEPh (former co-workers called me that in RL) forgets things from time to time too.

JosEPh :)

Well put :clap:

I'm sorry but I need to weigh in here. I've been following this mod since version 9 or so and the work that these people put into is immense, and you have the gall to say this??

Not to mention that some of the feats these guys have pulled off some passed off as Impossible before that
Mods are always a Rocky Road, but a Good Team that cares for their work will always shine bright,

I've had my fair share of situations that needed some Polishing or the good ol' Hammer to wack it straight, but never i had a moment that i felt Disappointed or angry, or anything negative,
The only thing that makes the "One more turn" effect disappear is when i get tired of the Grand Management that i have with a lot of other games also

Criticism is a needed thing for projects to improve and grow. Bad things happen when places devolve into hugboxes.

He is allowed his opinion and he also makes some valid points. Could he have maybe worded them nicer? Yes. Does that make said points invalid? No.

They are paid ZERO for all their time and effort.
This does not make you immune to criticism.

I update with the SVN and it comes almost daily.
That's great and I do applaud them for that.

Instead of complaining maybe you should say thank you for creating the best mod for this game ever.
This, however, is not a good thing to do. Again, complaints and criticism help improve projects and are normally given by people who want said project to improve and know the modders can do even better. Mindless praise can cause complacency.

Badly worded criticisms can cause modders to give up and go elsewhere also. Which means that the complaints never get resolved and the mod dies.

There's nothing complacent about this team so whining like a brat is just the best way to get your 'complaints' ignored. That's the main thing. People who feel that only the squeaky wheel gets the grease should try being the mechanic for a while. There's endless issues to address and multitudes of projects we'd like to attend to. While I appreciate feedback, I'd appreciate it if it's respectful as there's no reason for it not to be. For that matter, many VERY GOOD businesses are equally being ruined by the human tendency to say little if they don't have something to complain about. The public sounding board that the internet has become would have everyone believing there's absolutely no good in the world left if you take it all to heart. We've lost a time honored tradition of respect in most cases and all too quickly forget to show any appreciation whatsoever. The world we live in is filled no longer with mostly adults, but instead, mostly overindulged children who feel nothing more than entitlement to their slightest whims.

So speak your mind. It's welcome. But if you speak it without respect for those who would hear what you have to say, you might as well expect to be ignored.

People who feel that only the squeaky wheel gets the grease should try being the mechanic for a while.

I would've been the Mechanic if i had the set of skills, Sadly with the way my life is now the best i can do is try, and not get far doing so :( But once things get somewhere i could be useful i will help :)

The wording of the Pedia does not iirc say it unlocks it in every city. That is a misinterpretation on your part.

Horse trainer building is said to be unlocked by national horse breeder period.

If i have to move some tamed horses around yet still, title national horse breeder is stupid and misleading. It really should just open horse trainer buildings in all cities just like pedia of horse breeder claims it will. So there is another misleading pedia"info".

This build horse and move it around-bs is just useless and pointless. Horse breeder-titled building could be fathomed to act like this but not national horse breeder. Especially when national mints act as they promise and claim.

Just bad designing with false pedia info, luckily not anything game breaking.

Badly worded criticisms can cause modders to give up and go elsewhere also. Which means that the complaints never get resolved and the mod dies.

Much better option than continue to produce 'official and tested' releases that are broken beyond playable. There are at least three of those now in a row, V33,34 and 35. Maybe, just maybe V36 won't follow the suit. Hopefully so, pre V36-version seems to give reason for positive belief, even after at least three fiascoes.

No modder who has even a bit of love for the product, quits when someone points out the bugs and stupidities in it. This should be seen as a helpful and valuable service, free of charge but i definitely have noticed that people sometimes have very serious troubles of taking feedback and even simple reports of huge bugs.

That being said, there has been positive development too during the times of these three versions also, no doubt about it so lets see what V36 brings.

The National horse elephant and camel breeders are doing exactly what they were designed for they will not be changing. Changing them to what you suggest would make the OP and defeat the purpose of at least one quest and other elements of the game.

Horse trainer building is said to be unlocked by national horse breeder period.

If i have to move some tamed horses around yet still, title national horse breeder is stupid and misleading. It really should just open horse trainer buildings in all cities just like pedia of horse breeder claims it will. So there is another misleading pedia"info".

This build horse and move it around-bs is just useless and pointless. Horse breeder-titled building could be fathomed to act like this but not national horse breeder. Especially when national mints act as they promise and claim.

Just bad designing with false pedia info, luckily not anything game breaking.

There is nothing in the pedia about it opening any buildings:confused:. It just says it provides horses in one city. The buildings you are going on about require horses in the vicinity of the city. This NW provides horses in the vicinity of one city, with some effort made to make sure that it can only be built in a city that does not already have horses in the vicinity.

No modder who has even a bit of love for the product, quits when someone points out the bugs and stupidities in it. This should be seen as a helpful and valuable service, free of charge but i definitely have noticed that people sometimes have very serious troubles of taking feedback and even simple reports of huge bugs.

However, there is definitely a lot to be said for courtesy. If you tell me what I'm doing is unmitigated crap, then I'm more likely to tell you get the hell out of my life for a while than I am to say, "yes, you may be right," even if you are.

Top Bottom