premature "first game" discussion

Random may be a good option as no matter which civ you get you get something more unique then the civs in previous civ games;)

I'd probably go for China, I really like the combo's, and combined with the Pyramids, it seems to have a decent chance of getting a good early lead.
Aztecs seems to have good combo bonus as well, although you would have to have an aggressive play through.

I don't really like to pick random, but maybe its a better way of getting to feel the entire game, rather than just picking one out.

My first game is mostly going to be exploring and learning all the new systems, so I'll probably take a generalist civ, the better for me to try to go every direction at once :p. Atm looking like china.

My second~ game will be much more of a choice... I think I'd really like to try for a religious victory...

I'll try to find a civilization as neutral in its strategy as possible. It was America in Civ5 vanilla and it's likely to be America in Civ6. I'll wait for the rest of the civs and more details about the game, though. "Founding Fathers" ability could appear to be quite game-changing.

Random to start on Terra. Each civ (tribe?) I've seen so far has some uniqueness I would be happy to try out...

Yeah, I will choose completely new never seen before civs first.

But from those already revealed civs, I would choose Aztecs.

I'll definitely play a civ that has never been in the game before. Probably Kongo or Scythia, whichever is less war focused.
After I've tried all the new ones I'll probaby play Sumeria and Japan.

With what has been revealed so far, Civ VI should be quite a thrill. I look forward to what or who will be revealed next. It makes anticipation to actually play it for several hours stronger with each revealed detail. One more turn.

evanaurora thanks for the topic I love to read these kind of stuff :)

My first game:
Spain - they get conquistadors and maybe an exploration bonus, and as it is my first game of Civ 6 I am exploring a new civ world too.

Medium diff. level

Fractal or continents

playstyle: Just trying out things for fun, probably not completing the game to the very end but sometime starting a "proper" game.

p.s. I am going to take a day off from work, as I am an enterpreneur(don't know how to spell it) I lose money for this decision but so what. :p

I think I'd wait and just compare all the civs when I have the game and choose the one I like most, though I do generally prefer some civs over others. In V, Rome and Russia were two of my favorites, while I generally don't like France or England.

As for difficulty level... Knowing myself I'd probably start on Chieftain (or Settler, just the easiest level), then find out halfway through it's far too easy and start a new game on Prince or something along those lines.

EDIT: And as for kind of map... I'll probably go for Continents or Small Continents, Huge, and Low Sea Level.

First civ to try: Out of every civ revealed so far, Egypt and Japan are the two that fit my gameplay style the most. Go tall, go wondrous, and make the best out of your terrain. So yeah, these are going to be the ones, unless there is a civ that could fit into that archeotype even more (crossing my fingers for the Khmer!).

As for the other factors: Medium difficulty, standard map. We will have time to experiment with the settings once I get the game's basics right.

Because i like British and Roman culture very much i probably just play those two in my first two hundred games.

...and the one after that... and the one after that ;)

Until about half of them is tried and random starts to roll the same civs way too often. Then I'll move onto external random number generator and continue playing random. Once every civ is tried out... well, then I'll be probably playing my favorite again, that is "Random".

I don't know if I'll pre-order, so the Aztecs are out of the equation right now.

At the moment, I'm very curious about China's Great Wall mechanic, so I would probably try that first.

My current idea is to play my first game as the Aztecs on the lowest difficulty on a duel Pangea map. I want to get the inevitable Steam achievement and this is the only way Settler won't bore me to death.

Top Bottom