Preturn information

SABER bombed The Igloo down to size three or so. It seems protecting the tiles doesn't help unless we also protect the city itself from the bombers. The upshot is the completion of the engine continues to be pushed back further and further. I can understand SABER doesn't want us to win but it really doesn't seem as though they are doing anything to actually win the game. My inclination at this point is to follow through on our promise to give all space ship required techs to FREE as soon as possible. Then either SABER will go bomb FREE and leave us alone or FREE will win and end this game. It really seems we should not have dallied in sending the techs since SABER will have eliminated our produciton capacity by the time they have to turn on FREE.

We might ask FREE to provide us with FREE slaves to regain production capacity thus providing more resistance and shelter for them... :crazyeye:

We sent laser and robotics last turn. There may be more they need. :dunno: We'll see when the turn rolls around to us again.

...and up again.

Who's gonna take it?

(not me)

I'm back (sorta) lol - things are starting to get a little less crazy in my new job, and I hope to be able to check in here and post once a week or so.

I just wanted to say kudos to Donsig for keeping this thing rolling.

I know we're in tough shape... but we're still alive... and that's something to be proud of :D
Now we just need a little luck (read: Saber turns massively on FREE), and things could still go our way. Even if not, we can still claim some kind of moral victory in helping FREE defeat Saber, I think.

• Unaccepted peace from SABER pops up.
  • FREE put up 500g for advanced flight and dyes and accepted the deal. I suggest we accept.
  • The Silo riots. I still have things to learn about micromanaging. :(
  • We have three new workers and two more privateers.
  • The Gulag is now 12 turns from finishing the engine since SABER cratered just about every tile around that city. The Silo doesn't have many improved tiles left either. This is the result of having to garrison our coastal cities since we lost track of the SABER transports because we no longer have an EWS.
  • We do see a SABER mini-stack three tiles south of The Nursery. It has two transports, three destroyers and four cruisers.
There's not much to do except recon and clear tiles where we can.

EDIT: I'll have time on Thursday to do the recon and post the results.

Yeah, accept the deal :thumbsup:

Hopefully we'll get news of Saber attacking FREE in the next few turns... that would let us free up some units to try to rebuild & protect our cratered tiles.
Until then, there's not much that we can do but endure, I guess.

We have 9 jets and 5 privateers. Details of the recon moves are in the first spoiler, followed by pics. Details of the stacks we found are in the second spoiler.
Spoiler :
Privateers (start location / moves):
  1. 4N of The Hideaway / 2N-3SW
  2. 3NW of The Hideaway / 3W-NW with one movement point left
  3. 2NW of The Greenhouse / 4SW-W
  4. The Phoenix /4W-S
  5. Chamsuri's Cove / N-4NE
Jets (base / tile reconned):
  1. Western airfield / 2SW-3S of The Nursery
  2. Western airfield / 5W-3SW of The Dislodged
  3. Northern airfield / 6N of Chamsuri's Cove
  4. Northern airfield / 5N-1NW of The Shallows
  5. Eastern airfield / 4E-1NE of Chamsuri's Cove
  6. Southern airfield / 3SW-2S of The Phoenix
  7. Mountain NE of The Gulag / 7NE-1E of The Chamber
  8. Mountain NE of The Gulag / 5E-2NE of The Chamber
  9. Mountain NE of The Gulag / 2E-3SE of The Chamber
Spoiler :
Visible stacks:
  • West: FREE: 1 destroyer
  • South: SABER: 4 cruisers, 3 destroyers, 2 transports
  • East: FREE: 2 cruisers, 6 destroyers
  • East: SABER (next to FREE stack): 9 carriers, 9 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 18 transports
  • East: SABER: 3 battleships
Summary: There are 2 SABER transports in the south (which we saw before the recon) and 18 SABER transports in the northeast. There is a smaller FREE naval task force adjacent to the SABER force. SABER's carriers and transports have moved in a counter-clockwise fashion since we last saw them. This puts them closer to FREE's mainland. Let's hope the switch targets soon. We should try to plant a spy with SABER. We need to remember that our roads leading to our northeast are tenuous. If SABER destroys our road network in the northeast we might have trouble responding quickly to a landing. Any help or suggestions for a defensive disposition of our troops in light of this recon report would be appreciated.:xmassign:

BABE sent us 70g.
We have four new workers.
The Silo is 22 turns away from completing the engine. Our other two pre-building cities are over 60 turns away.
No ships in sight.

I suggest we do some recon (without duplicating the info FREE sent us) and try to clear some more tiles.

I should be able to play tomorrow (Sunday). Are there any objections to me playing on after the recon? (If I find any more transports I will post the recon report instead of playing through.)

Sorry guys, I had unexpected company today and then the Packers Cardinals games was actually worth watching. Should have time on Tuesday.

So if we're currently showing 21 turns until completion of our spaceship's engine in The Silo, how soon can we realistically expect it? Will we be able to speed it up at all? I'm just asking so that I have a clear idea of what we're up against now.

Well, if SABER turns their bombers on that city next then we'll be 40 or 60 turns away. We can improve the build time only if SABER leaves us alone.

• The Arboretum is rioting.
  • We have one new worker and two new privateers.
  • We're 25 turns form completing the engine in The Silo though we should be able to improve this a bit by improving a couple cratered tiles.
  • FREE sent us some more intel. See their embassy thread for screenies.
  • No foreign ships visible.
My suggestions:
  • Do what recon we can, especially to verify where the large SABER transport stack is.
  • Improve tiles around The Silo.
  • Add workers to The Silo if beneficial.
  • Try to find more units to protect tiles around The Silo.
Any other ideas?
I should be able to play the turn on Saturday or Sunday.

We have two new privateers to add to our EWS.

We're 19 turns from completing the engine in The Silo, though we should be able to improve two more tiles in that city's BFC.

FREE sent us some more intel this turn which should enable us to verify where the stack of 17 SABER transports are.

EWS moves and report:
Spoiler :
Privateer in The Red Tape moves N-NW-W-2SW.
Privateer in Chamsuri's Cove moves N-3NE-N.
Privateer to the northeast of Chamsuri's Cove moves 2S-2N, returning to original spot.
Privateer northwest of The Marina moves E-NE-NW-2SW, returning to original spot.
Privateer west of The Greenhouse moves 2S-N, returning to original spot.
Jet in the western airfield recons 7W of The Dislodged.
Jet in the western airfield recons 5W-1Sw of The Phoenix.
Privateer southwest of The Nursery moves 3NW-SE.
Privateer south of The Nursery moves SW-4SE.
Jet in the northern airfield recons N-3NW of The Whale Pond.
Jet in the northern airfield recons 5N-1NE of The Shallows.
Jet in the eastern airfield recons 6N-1NE of Chamsuri's Cove.
Jet on the mountain NE of The Gulag recons 5S-1SE of The Treasury.
Jet on the mountain NE of The Gulag recons 4S-1SE of The Chamber.
Jet in The Treasury recons 6SE-1E of The Chamber.
Jet in the southern airfield recons 9S-1SW of The Treasury.
Our recon efforts did not turn up any new naval stacks. We did verify three of the SABER naval stacks in the intel received from FREE. This includes the stack with 18 transports.

SABER is up to 23 transports so five are unaccounted for. It looks as though Chamsuri's Cove and The Shallows are the only cities that could possibly be threatened by these transports.

I suggest we garrison Chamsuri's Cove and The Shallows and use some of the freed up units to protect more tiles around The Silo. I suggest we continue to improve tiles around The Silo.

I should be able to play the turn by Saturday at the latest.

Top Bottom