Preturn information

I'm in support of the plan. :thumbsup:

:hmm: They need superconductor, miniaturization, satellites and the laser. Hey, you know what, that means they have space flight. Are we in a three way space race now?
This comment seems to pop up again and again. We sold them Space Flight, remember? :p

Note also that they need SF for ICBMs, and that's what their other builds alongside Manhattan could well be.

This comment seems to pop up again and again. We sold them Space Flight, remember? :p

Ahh, it's been a long game. They say memory is the first thing to go with age. I forget what the second thing is...

And SABER is many techs away from building a spaceship. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that SABER was actually trying to do something to win the game rather than just keeping us from winning.

We really need to look at clearing tiles around The Gulag. It is down to one pop but being only 120 or so shields away from magic 640 we might actually be able to finish the engine there sooner than in The Silo if we join workers. Any micomanagers want to take a look at that?

We have a new mech infantry, two new workers and three new privateers.

FREE intel shows the SABER transports are not within reach of any of our cities (to either dock or allow attacks by marines), though they could still disembark troops in our northwestern hills.

I should have time tomorrow (Tuesday) to do something with this game. I can run the EWS to verify FREE's intel and if it all looks good I can just play the turn.

The Silo is 13 turns from completing the engine with only one tile that can be improved and railed this turn. There are five tiles in The Gulag's BFC that can be cleared, mined and railed (though we can only do two this turn at most). Since we have 528 shields in the bin there and it's already making 5spt I suggest we improve this city's tiles.

Not much more to do or say. Any objections to me paying tomorrow?

I don't care when you pay (if at all!) but I'm OK with you playing as you outlined ;)

I hope we can get The Gulag improved enough to finish off that engine and pull off a win!

Is this finally the break we've been looking for? Let's just hope FREE sticks in there long enough for us to launch before SABER conquers them and wins domination. :mischief:

We should definitely try to hedge our bets if possible, so go ahead and improve The Gulag as much as possible. No other comments or objections from me at this point.

Looking in the turn thread I see we are using manhattan for the prebuild.

Wasn't SABER building that, are they still?

I don't remember how PBEM games work but will we have a turn to switch the production if they finish it? Do we have anything to switch to?

Good micromanagement overall, only suggestion I have to maybe save a turn is the use of civil engineers to make the build go faster at the cost of starvation. I would have used the damaged plain as one trading -1 food for +1 shield (or +2 if it was one of the corrupted shields).

That's a good point about Manhattan. We'd better look at swapping around the pre-builds next turn just to be safe.

I'm surprised it takes our foes so long to win this game. :hmm:
We were a dead duck and now we have a shot again? Strange. :dubious:

We have a new jet, new mech inf and two new workers.

The Gulag can no longer work on Manhattan so it switches over to an ICBM. Yeah, that sucked. I think we lost some shields in that transaction. The ICBM is 500 shields so now we are eight turns from completing the engine instead of 5. :mad: Well, at least we weren't sabotaged (yet). We should mine and rail the iron hill in The Gulag's BFC this turn. There's a plains tile we can begin to clear. If we have enough workers we should place them on cratered tiles so they can build roads next turn.

We have two radar artillery and a captured regular artillery that can shell the SABER transport off our south coast. The two transports are protected by 4 battleships, 6 cruisers and 11 eleven destroyers. For 380g we can rush a nuclear sub in The New Yard. We can rush one in The Nursery for 340g and another in The Phoenix for 84g. We currently have 3077g with a deficit of about 80gpt. If we rush these subs we'll have to be sure to protect those cities. This is also dependent on whether we find any more transports in range of our coastal cities. Our line of privateers don't show any other ships but we'll have to run our jet EWS to check the areas the privateers can't see.

We will have to decide on whether to abandon the threatened coastal cities or garrison them. If we do the latter then we should decide whether to rush the subs or not. Whomp asked if we still need his settler around. Other than that we just continue to improve the production of The Gulag and The Silo. We'll have to swap prebuilds around but we have ICBM's now. Oh, is it time to try to expose spies yet?

Not sure when I can play. Might not have time till the weekend. Can anyone else play the turn?

Against rushing any subs.
In favour of disbanding The New Yard.
Rather protect production tiles than The Nursery.

Because they cannot be protected even in harbors and we will likely disband any town in range of their navy. :dunno:

I'd abandon The New Yard anyway and I'm pretty sure the fleet won't be in range of The Nursery next turn. :sad:

But heck - the small chance is tempting.
No objection against rushing a sub in The Nursery. :rockon:

Not sure why we should abandon TNY, it's only two transports and we should be able to fill the city, no?

I'd rather secure our production in our core sites.
Or are we sure that SABER's bombers are busy elsewhere? :shifty:

Then indeed we might keep TNY easily. :agree:

I am leaning towards keeping the cities though it has occured to me that Saber could nuke The New Yard and then unload their two transports right in the city. Even with the destroyed roads any armor on those transports would be dangerous. Then again, SABER signed a no nuke agreement with us, didn't they?

I plan to play the save tomorrow (Sunday). Any more thoughts on this coming turn?

I think we should assume that SABER will not nuke us. We did sign an agreement, and if they do break it then at least we have the right to be rightfully upset. And if they do break it, we're dead anyway. :crazyeye:

• SABER builds the UN and The Silo switches to an ICBM. (No shields lost.)
  • We have a new worker and two new nuclear subs.
  • The Gulag is still 6 turns from completing the engine so there hasn't been any sabotage yet. We have 522 shields in The Gulag and are making 22spt after waste. We're only 8 shields shy of shaving a turn so that will be easy to do this turn. Shaving a second turn will be a bit more difficult as we'll have to get up to 30spt. We can mine the iron hill and clear and improve a bg this turn (I think).
  • We still have our spy in SABERland.
  • No rival ships in sight. According to the latest FREE intel there are still a couple SABER transports south of The New Yard and a couple unaccounted for.
EWS report:
Spoiler :
Jet in western airfield recons 6W of The Greenhouse.
Jet in western airfield recons 2SW-3S of The Nursery.
Jet in The Treasury recons 1SW-4S of The New Yard.
Jet in The Treasury recons 3SE-4S of The Treasury.
Jet in the southern airfield recons 2SE-3S of The Chamber.
Jet NE of The Gulag recons 3E-3SE of Chamsuri's Cove.
Jet NE of The Gulag recons 5NE-1E of The Chamber.
Jet in northern airfield recons the northern most tile in range.
Jet in The Aerie recons 3NE-3E of Chamsuri's Cove.
Jet in eastern airfield recons 7E-1SE of Chamsuri's Cove.
Privateer northwest of The Whale Pond moves 2S-3N.
Privateer west of The Whale Pond moves S-N.
Privateer west of The Hideaway moves 2Sw-S-N-NE.
Privateer west of The Dislodged moves E-S-E-2SE.
Privateer west of The Nursery moves 2SE-3NW.
Still only two SABER transports threatening The New Yard. Units could attack from these transports but the ships could not enter the city if taken. This is the only threat to our coastal cities this turn and we have a 43 unit garrison in The New Yard.

The turn seems straight forward again. Just continue to clear and improve tiles. I should play the turn tonight (in about 12 hours) otherwise I may not have time again until next weekend. Questions:
  • The engine is set to finish in 6 turns, battlefield medicine in 5 and an ICBM in 3. With the UN gone we have no other prebuilds since we are in mobilization. Is it time to take Whomp's settler and ask for peace? This would give us the palace as a pre-build. Should we slow down production in The Silo and The Igloo?
  • Should we build some settlers and resettle our east coast?
  • What should we do with the nuclear subs? I guess they are safe in The New Yard with our garrison. Just leave them there for now?
  • IIRC someone mentioned calculating odds of exposing spies to prevent sabotage. Any thoughts on this? Is it time to expose SABER's spy yet?
  • Any objections to me playing tonight?

I don't know why you would want to slow down production, if SABER sabotages one build the next build closest is the next one focused on raising production. I guess if we run out of prebuilds then we should come out of mobilization.

I don't see any reason to resettle the coast, it would just mean we would need to disband cities again, I rather see more workers to fix tiles.

Not sure what to do with the subs, don't think SABER will come near us, but if they leave they will more likely die.

I calculated the odds before:

There is a random number set 1, 2 or 3 when a spy replanting which represents how many turns it is before they can replant.

SABER has a 3/5 chance to plant a veteran spy and then a 95% chance to sabotage safely (although very expensive).

So the turn we expose the spy SABER has a 1/3*3/5=1/5 chance to plant the spy again the next turn, a 2/5 the turn afterwards and back to 3/5 on the third turn.

I would say try to expose the spy 2 turns before the part is finished, I don't think they will wait till we are one turn away before trying.

Who knows maybe we will finally get lucky with the RNG.

EDIT:
Remember engineers are better then 1 shield tiles. Add workers for all new tiles brought online.

Can engineers actually contribute towards SS parts? I thought those shields would be lost if we were to switch. Gah, annoying not to have the game anymore... :dunno:

Top Bottom