Preview: Giants

embryodead

Caliph
GIDustin requested some giants. This would be the base, say "Hill Giant", and some variations may occur later. Comments on the size, proportions and armament welcome (I'd prefer to leave him as is, but a spiked club won't hurt, while the next one may have no weapon).

Attachments

• untitled-1.gif
    untitled-1.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 323
Very nice, but considdering he wears almost no clothes shouldn't he be a bit sun burned?

the 2nd one is definitely sunburned ;) and the 1st one spends most of his lif in a cave (but yeah, I'll adjust it a bit).

ED, have I lately told how much I... umm... think you're a cool guy. :lol:

Club for the first one is in my opinion a good idea. The second one doesn't really need weapons, just mean attack anims.

I can definitely find a place for the first dude and the second is perfect replacement for an ugly palette conversion I had thought of using.

My recomendations:

For the Hill Giant. I'd recomend a little more fat and a little less muscle. And a bigger belly. Also, I'd remove the boots and let him be barefoot. A club would also be nice. But, It does look excellent. Perhaps remove the hair, but keep the beard.

For the Fire Giant. I'd say make him less primative looking. Give him the hair and the beard and put some armor on him with a sword.

Come on Kindred, it's a fearsome Giant, not Santa Claus! :p I say keep him muscular, you don't get the chance to gather much fat when you live in caves (unless there's an adventurers' trail nearby) I even like it better with boots than without them.

I don't like the idea of arming the fire giant and giving him hair. Then it looks just plain odd that his skin tone is orange. Besides, it suits my needs better to keep him unarmed and without the hair. :lol:

Interesting, but do you really want to see that hill giant's but thundering about the place?

I think if you avoid the "Dungeons and Dragons" concepts of what various giants should look like you will come up with something yourself that is far more cool and fun. JMO.

Looks great :) The second one should lose the boots, though...It just seems more appropriate somehow...

*Apprehends the time when one of those big things will attack some of his tiny dwarfs...*

Originally posted by Drift
Come on Kindred, it's a fearsome Giant, not Santa Claus! :p I say keep him muscular, you don't get the chance to gather much fat when you live in caves (unless there's an adventurers' trail nearby) I even like it better with boots than without them.

I don't like the idea of arming the fire giant and giving him hair. Then it looks just plain odd that his skin tone is orange. Besides, it suits my needs better to keep him unarmed and without the hair. :lol:

Geez....Just shoot down ALL my recomendations. :)

I'm just going by what I know from playing D&D. I'm sure it's different in different worlds.

But, I'll give you the fat part. The muscles look good. I still know of Fire Giants as intellegent and not primative like Hill Giants.

I'd love a bombard animation of one of those dudes hucking big rocks.

Lobby for that to be included in the Lord of the Mods, I would. :)

I think they look great for D&D mods. Of course you'll make them for War Hammer, but that's close enough.

Maybe a Cloud Giant? Would look like the first one except he would have blue skin and silver hair, maybe a white robe or something and a metal spiked mace?

BTW: aaglo, I didn't realize you had made those. I knew they were made because I have them ready for my mod, but I didn't realize you had did them. More props to you. Since I have a Giants civ to build, the more the merrier.

Cool!
If you shrink that hill giant you'd get a nice Dwarf Wrestler. :mischief:

I like it as is (with maybe a bit more civ coloured clothing and a club), I like that he have that wild hair! :)

Oh, and as Mithadan said, a stone-throwing animation would be perfect, then you could add immobile barbarian bombard giants in mountains. :D

Fire Giant

Hill Giant

Stone Giant

Frost Giant

Cloud Giant

Storm Giant

Fire Giant

Frost Giant

Earth Elemental

Ettin

Top Bottom