Preview of the new patch

No wonders are continent-bound (except for the ones that you start with in 600 AD like the Great Wall). I just built SoL in Denver because it took the least amount of time there.

Unfortunately, no wonders are continent-bound. Including the Great Wall which I just built in Neapolis. :lol: Poor Jerusalem was just captured by the zillions of barb horse archers in Arabia, which I don't think have ever spawned so many horses (camels yes but not horses). There seems to have been a scripted barb rising event as early as 70 BC (before I built the Parthenon)...is this what Rhye means when Attila is more of a threat to Rome?:crazyeye:

...is still possible, but that's only if you're willing to use your great people for bulbs rather than golden ages. Presumably I would have chosen constitution for my free tech and the Statue of Liberty done in 1200 or so.

I'm sure Greeks are the only ones who can do that.

EDIT:
Nice, you destroyed Rome. I see you can still deny a newborn civ their home-site by building a palace there?

Yeah, I took some detours and researched DR, Music, Education, Printing Press, etc, things that slowed downed circumnavigation quite a bit. Could have probably done it in 600 AD easily.

What!? The Spiral Minaret and Forbidden palace isn't enough? Onedreamer would be aghast at that comment. :lol:

No, I just wanted to found Islam and see what Mecca would turn into if it wasn't Islam. And what Rhye probably means is that he's going to nerf the Greeks (which is so unfair since they can't get another great person after the middle ages due to their previous "advantage").

no, I won't. I'm trying to nerf your exploits :p

(and to adjust research costs too, which have been completely messed up by the new timeline).

The patch won't be ready for sunday, but I'll keep my promise to release it before the 27th

What!? The Spiral Minaret and Forbidden palace isn't enough? Onedreamer would be aghast at that comment. :lol:

No, I just wanted to found Islam and see what Mecca would turn into if it wasn't Islam. And what Rhye probably means is that he's going to nerf the Greeks (which is so unfair since they can't get another great person after the middle ages due to their previous "advantage").

I wanted to make Theocracy a little harder to get in my version of RFC 1.180 so I took the priviledge to make it be enabled with Divine Right. After Spiral Minaret and Forbidden Palace are constructed, Divine Right loses much of its importance so I thought that would balance things out a little bit. I haven't fully tested the effects it has on AI research routes or such, though.

Speaking of Forbidden Palace, I always thought it was a little off being enabled with Divine Right and costing the same amount of hammers that some late game wonders would cost. If it ends up being constructed somewhere, it's most often Europe that gets it, namely England. Besides, why is it Divine Right that unlocks it? China is religion-technologically one of the most modestly gifted civilization in the 600 AD start, couldn't some government-related technology do?

Also, regarding its building costs, I thought it was a little weird in my late Japanese game that my most important production city in southern China, Guiyang, took the estimated 35 turns to build it. :crazyeye: Not saying that I didn't hurry the production with whip and tree-chopping, just thinking the difference between the FP and the Summer Palace is tremendous.

I find the Forbidden Palace is a very useful wonder as it allows you to have 3 palaces, however due to its high cost you can only ever build it in well developed cities, the sort that you want it in the least as they are almost always near your starting location.

Very true kairob, the Forbidden Palace takes a bit of planning to organize and often a Great Engineer also. As a Euro civ, I often prefer to place the Forbidden Palace in Denver (which can build it quickly) and the Summer Palace in whichever other continent I plan on conquering rather than vassalizing.

Same here - if I am in a position to build it, it is because I've sent an engineer off to my new colonies in America. It's one hell of a hammers investment otherwise.

Cheers, Luke

Top Bottom