Prince Zara in the corner

elitetroops

Deity
I found the closest I've seen to an unbeatable map. If the difficulty level was a bit higner it probably would be.

Ok food, a few cottageable tiles and a ton of production. Sounds great, right?
Spoiler :

SIP:
Spoiler :

:wow::wow::wow:

Settling by the lake doesn't help you, you can't build naval units there.

Attaching save if anyone wants to have a go at UN or Space victory. In theory a Cultural victory would be possible as well if you settle 1NE. Or why not even a military victory with some parachuting action! I'm not saying it's impossible, because it's only Prince level. The save requires BUFFY and has lock modified assets checked, so unfortunately there is no way for me to create a worldbuilder save to change this.

Attachments

• Unbeatable rainforest.CivBeyondSwordSave
    41.9 KB · Views: 187
You actually rolled that? That map wasn't cooked in the world builder? lol

You actually rolled that? That map wasn't cooked in the world builder? lol
Yeah, rolled it when I was looking at potential maps for the current G-minor. Lock modified assets is checked, there is no access to world builder.

Looks like a fun game. Might give it a whirl

edit: domination ftw

Prince zara should be easy for me, particularly for a Cv. I could probably get a domination by some shrine miracle.

Prince zara should be easy for me, particularly for a Cv. I could probably get a domination by some shrine miracle.
If you think this is easy, then you are not reading the pictures correctly.

Hint:
Spoiler :
It's a flat mapscript...
Spoiler another hint :
...and you are in the upper left corner.
Spoiler still don't get it? :
It is impossible to send any units beyond the mountains until paratroopers, and if you settle in place, which seems best based on the info you have t0, it is impossible to found a second city until you capture one outside the mountain range with paratroopers.

I cant load the save(no buffy)but if I was to play it I would be cottaging all the hills as soon as infra was in and aim to be in US and Emancipation sooner rather than later,just an idea.The one thing about not bieng able to attack the AI till Para,s is the AI cant attack you...

Yeah, I think cottaging the hills is the way to go.

I suppose you could gamble and settle 1NE, then wait until someone settles fairly close, put a city on the shore, culture bomb it and hope to culture flip a city on the other side of the lake... But this is Prince AI on a rainforest map, so don't expect them to expand rapidly...

Is it possible to culture flip barb cities?

And whatever you do, don't build the Great Wall. :lol:

yes you can flip barb citys,and would be very easy to do with Zara if one settled nearby-his UB the stele is +25% culture IIRC.

I would mine the river grass hills initially and then cottage over them later.

Prince AI are slow so you might be able to go for Monarchy (unlock Oracle along the way) early and then tech CoL and Math for CS slingshot.

UN victory is definately possible, I've several OOC diplomatic victories in the HoF.

Cottaging the Hills I wouldn't advise, as one needs production to build several buildings (Library, Forge, Monestaries, Theater, NE, Globe, University, Oxford, etc.) .

Question is, how does one meet the AIs? Waiting until Paratroopers would be possible, but it's odd, and leaves little time to build up diplomatic bonuses. Maybe parking a unit at the water is enough though? Don't know.

No Oxford or Globe here, it isn't OCC.

I suppose you should meet most AI in time for UN victory just by having your cultural borders expand to the lake and eventually over the mountains. If not, can you meet AI with airship recon missions?

No Oxford or Globe here, it isn't OCC.

I suppose you should meet most AI in time for UN victory just by having your cultural borders expand to the lake and eventually over the mountains. If not, can you meet AI with airship recon missions?

1. Oh, no Globe, that's harsh, as one won't get multiple Religions to build multiple Temples. Heredetary Rule ofc is an option, but that would mean, not running REP, but it's still the better option.
No Oxford means about 100 Beakers less in the endgame, that's a lot, but should be possible on Prince, as bulbs make up a lot of the endgame tech-speed.

2. Meeting AIs with Airships should be possible. Great idea, as one can also re-station the ships and easily meet all AIs then. Physics is also on the route to the UN.

Will meet at least 1 AI across the lake. Probably several civs' scouts before the shore gets settled by somebody, so that'll be a few tech trade partners at least even if borders remain closed for other trade.

On Prince you might be able to wonderspam/SSE to space even with no IND or resources. Will have plenty of cash surplus, enough for a few :) and :health: anyway so the city'll be able to work all its mines for ship parts at least.

I don't think you can get trade routes here, but can you still trade resources?

Edit: appears you can get trade routes.

I was thinking the same... with a fort by the lake and an AI settling on the other shore you would get them but that's highly unlikely. Your cultural borders will probably be past the lake by the time anyone would be ready to settle there.

Would you get trade routes if there is a city by the lake and roads on the other side? You could settle cap 1NE and settle another city by the lake. Gift the other city to the closest southern AI and wait until they have improved the lands on the other side, then retake the city.

How about flight and airports. Do they open up trade routes?

Edit: read your edit... interesting! That certainly helps!

Playing this, up to the 19th century so far. Interesting.

Top Bottom