Privateers Mod

Geek113377

Human (Usually)
I added 3 new naval units, 2 of which are early in the game, and 2 (not the same 2) of which are hidden nationality/always hostile (like the standard BTS privateer). I also made the work boat more expensive (in an attempt to make them not the choice unit of exploration). The units are as follows:
War Canoe-1 movement, 1 strength, 20 production, cargo space 1, techreq fishing
Raider-2 move, 2 str, 60prod, HN&AW, techreq sailing & metal casting
Interceptor-4 move, 20str, 150prod, HN&AW, techreq combustion, +50%vs transport
Work Boat-changed to 80 production

This is still version 0.9, so it's not in the downloads database. Known issues:
1) several civilopedia entries referring to the galley as the earliest transport, or saying that there are 6 transport units in the game
2) when a selected unit (one from the mod, not a normal one) is off the map, instead of showing the unit icon in the circle on the edge, it shows a bright pink circle
3) the oars on the raider don't seem to scale at the same rate as the rest of the model while zooming: zoomed in, the oars look fine, but zoomed out partway and the oars from the two models (2 models/unit) will be crossed.
4) the model for the interceptor is quite low quality. I'm going to find a new one.

Any ideas on how to fix issues 2 & 3, and any suggestions for a model for 4 would be appreciated. About the model: looking for a small boat, maybe a zodiac or a yacht, but not a whole lot bigger. I would make the model myself, but the nif export scripts for blender aren't working on my computer.

Attachments

• Privateers_0-9.zip
    885 KB · Views: 44
2) when a selected unit (one from the mod, not a normal one) is off the map, instead of showing the unit icon in the circle on the edge, it shows a bright pink circle

I guess you haven't actually tried to build one of them in your cities, you just put them with the worldbuilder into the game, right?

Because if you try to, you'll see your game crash. That's because you've put a comma in front of the button definition. If you have only a single button, then don't put a comma there. That's probably also the cause of the pink buttons.

You were correct, I had not tried building them in cities after I added the graphics (in the early stages of testing the unitinfos I just used artwork for other units). And removing the commas did work. Thanks!
I have attached version 0.9.2, which is the same except that it has the fix given by The_J.

Attachments

• Privateers_0-9-2.zip
    885.1 KB · Views: 25
Top Bottom