Probabilities of goody huts, C3C

If I understand correctly, then settlers could be found at Sid if you are expansionist??

EDIT : I'm trying to pop out settlers on 3C3 deity with Aztec (non-exp), and about 50 tries now I haven't succeeded... perhaps this is really not an updated table.. :confused:

boogaboo said:
If I understand correctly, then settlers could be found at Sid if you are expansionist??

EDIT : I'm trying to pop out settlers on 3C3 deity with Aztec (non-exp), and about 50 tries now I haven't succeeded... perhaps this is really not an updated table.. :confused:
You are reading wrong somehow.
None-exp civs at deity will only get gold, map, warriors and barbs. The same for exp. civ at sid except you will not get barbs.

Srry, I looked at it the wrong way..
I go with zulu in mind.

What if someone were to add more difficulty levels from Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe? I don't think goodies huts would ever give you anything but 100% barbarians or deserted huts if non-expansionists.

Mad2rix said:
What if someone were to add more difficulty levels from Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe? I don't think goodies huts would ever give you anything but 100% barbarians or deserted huts if non-expansionists.

I guess it depends on if you simply add those level(s) beyond Sid or if you try to fit them in between to existing easier levels (which seems to be possible, read that on the Apolyton University forum)

Cities? :eek:

You can get cities from goody huts? :confused:
I've been playing Civ3 for a year, about 4 hrs a day, and it has never happened to me. Settlers, occasionnally, but cities: never! How is this possible?

That was the case back in PTW, the last time I played expansionist (1.5 years ago). Founding the city on-the-spot was the very reason I lost interest in expansionists.

punkbass2000 said:
...the same way anything else is possible from a good a hut. 'An advanced tribe joins your nation' or something like that. You get a city on the spot, as opposed to a mobile Settler.
I understand... I just find it strange that it has never happened to me in maybe a hundred starts with barbarians "on".

Oystein said:
You are reading wrong somehow.
None-exp civs at deity will only get gold, map, warriors and barbs. The same for exp. civ at sid except you will not get barbs.

Just checked this article as preparation for approaching Cotm 10 :rolleyes:

And how about popping a settler on SID with a non-exp. civ (like lahore did in his "homage to the jaguar warrior")? :eek:

Only possible when two huts are popped in the same turn?
This fails to be explained by the table, right?

EDIT: Just realized lahore was plaing Ptw on deity. Sorry for spamming... :blush:

Settler:
--Player must not have a settler (active or in production) or any unit with the Settle AI strategy.
--Player must have less cities than (TotalCities / NumActivePlayers).

This article doesn't discuss "popping city" from hut. The above rule at most only applies to settlers.

You CAN pop a city when you have a settler. In fact, here is a save (deity, C3C 1.22) that you can pop a settler then a city. First use the warrior (popped from a previous hut!) to pop a settler, and the scout go two tiles NW to pop a city.

Happy popping!

SAVE

You really dont need the excel file (I kind of regret that I put it in this article). You can just use the table (The picture). Just remember that if you get something illegal (Setler when you alredy have one walking around) there is a reroll.

But if you want to use the file. Fill in the correct values in column B. B1 should be 1 if you are expansonist, 0 otherwise. Set city to 1 if you can get a city (That is, you are not to close to another city, and you are not on mountain or in swamp.), 0 otherwise. And so on. Now the probability will be in the column for your difficult level. (upper table)

This has clarified things. I started a succession game Pred02 as the Portugese on emperor and the first goody popped gave us a village. I was quite surprised, as I didn't think that was possible on emperor.

Some more conditions for things from goody huts:

Mercenaries(skilled warrior):
Player must be in Ancient Times.

City:
Player must have at least 1 city.
Player must have equal to or less cities than (TotalCities / NumActivePlayers).
Player must not have a city within a 3-tile radius
There must not be a city within a 2-tile radius
Of course, the obvious Tile must not be on a mountain, marsh, or volcano.

Oystein said:
Settler:
--Player must not have a settler (active or in production) or any unit with the Settle AI strategy.
--Player must have less cities than (TotalCities / NumActivePlayers).
QUOTE]

This should be EQUAL TO or less than (Totalcities/Num ActivePlayers). This is why a settler at 3950 BC on Chieftain can be had pretty easily, at least in C3C.

Top Bottom