1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Probably Improved Gameplay Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by PieceOfMind, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

Irregardless of an update, this is still one of the best Mods ever put together. Thanks for all of the work you all have put into it, whether you update it or not, your hard work is greatly appreciated! :goodjob:

2. Caboose

Caboose Another Drill IV defender

Definitely, but good can get better.

3. entwood

entwood Warlord

what would some potential updates be?

4. Caboose

Caboose Another Drill IV defender

Simply up-to-date versions of BUG and BAI.

5. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

What's the current version # for BUG? If memory serves, BUG 4.4 was included in the last PIG update, but the BBAI was not. Just curious, hadn't seen an updated BUG beyond that.

6. D4rkL0rd98

D4rkL0rd98 Chieftain

I am using the latest version of the PIG Mod with BTS. I have completed many games before on Monarch with no issues. This is my first Emperer level game where I have come this far, but going to the next turn from the attached save file results in a crash to desktop. I am not sure how to get past it. If anyone can load a game from the attached save file and successfully go into the next turn, let me know how you did it please.

Attached Files:

7. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

I get the crash too. Haven't figured out a way to avoid it. I note that you have both Multiple Production and Influence Driven War enabled in that game. Do you usually use those settings? There could be a bug with the way I merged them with BUG and Better AI etc.

There don't appear to be any python exceptions involved.

8. D4rkL0rd98

D4rkL0rd98 Chieftain

I have used both options many times in my previous games, all of which ran fine. But all of those were on Monarch. I am not sure if going to Emperor level has introduced an unforeseen issue.

9. PieceOfMind

Are you using any other mods in conjunction? As far as I know this could only cause python errors but it's worth checking nonetheless. You said you use PIG and BUG. Have you got BUG installed to customassets?

10. D4rkL0rd98

D4rkL0rd98 Chieftain

Actually, just the PIG mod, which includes BUG. I had another separated instance of BUG installed, but uninstalled that using their uninstaller. Even after doing that, I still get a crash.

11. entwood

entwood Warlord

If you still feel like tinkering with PIG, toning down airships and maybe doing something with naval units from SOL to destroyers come to mind; or maybe one last shot at fixing a few things and updating to latest BUG and AI would still be appreciated.

12. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

I haven't tested your save (because I don't have PIG installed), but I remember one time I spent ages trying to debug a crash-to-desktop in my mod. I never managed to actually fix the bug, but I'm convinced it had something to do with navy units using 'sea patrol' and attacking submarines... anyway, to cut a long story short, try canceling the orders of all your navy units. Just fortify them for one turn instead of using sea patrol and see if that works.

In other news, the mod I'm making is coming along pretty well. PieceOfMind, you might remember I said I wanted my mod to be more minimalistic than yours. Well, after changing bits and pieces of the game, I realised that BTS is no where near as planned and polished as I thought it was. So I ended up changing heaps of things. :crazyeye: I really just made the mod for myself, but I reckon it's starting to turn out pretty well, so I'll probably upload it on these forums after I've finished adding a few more things.

Thanks for the inspiration. :)

13. PieceOfMind

Sounds good. Let me know (post here if you want) when you do and I will check it out.

14. TheWilltoAct

TheWilltoAct I am observe

Quick question:
    I'm using an older build of PIG, does the most recent version give a Great Prophet at Divine Right?

15. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

I've uploaded a beta version of my mod.
    Here's the forum link, and here's the download link.

16. D4rkL0rd98

D4rkL0rd98 Chieftain

The newest version does.

17. TheWilltoAct

TheWilltoAct I am observe

Okay, thanks!

18. PieceOfMind

Thanks for posting. I'll be checking it out.

19. D4rkL0rd98

D4rkL0rd98 Chieftain

I was able to start a new game, this time as Carthage, on a Pangea Map. Again, I received a crash after hitting the next turn button. This time is a bit different though, as I am far more advanced and more assured of a victory than the previous crash report. Also, my civ is currently at war with the Roman Empire, who has 2 vassals. If I immediately establish a new peace treaty, I can successfully move onto the next turn without a crash. Given this, I believe there is some action taken by Caesar or one of his vassals during this active war that is causing the crash. Note that I do not wish to enter into a peace treaty at this particular turn of the game, hence that is why I discovered the crash and am reporting it here. The save game is attached if you wish to experiment with it.

Also, do you plan on releasing a new PIG mod update with the newest versions of BUG or BBAI, or with any other feature changes?

Attached Files:

20. PieceOfMind

At this time, I do not plan to be making any more updates to PIG Mod. I may change my mind somewhere down the track though, especially if someone wants to help by taking on some of the modding work.

I know some of you are waiting/hoping for an update so I don't want to get your hopes up. It's a shame to hear the game is crashing in some instances. Assuming it's a problem in the dll, it will be difficult to find/fix.