Problem in Imperium Romanum 2.2

plainsfire

Chieftain
Hello,

I have been replaying Imperium Romanum 2.2 recently, but I appear to have a problem with the last events file for the Romans (the 4th file). Whenever I reload the game after changing the events file to this file, I get the "There is an error in the events.txt file" popup.

I've looked over the file, and can't find anything wrong with it. Can anybody please help? I have attached the file here.

Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• events.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 94
Nothing wrong with the file, so I'll guess it's probably a unit name mismatch with an incorrect rules.txt file. If you had ToT you could run the events in debug mode and locate the problem immediately. Previously, you asked a question about running batch files on 64-bit systems, so I'll assume that you've edited the one for this scenario. Double check the batch file. Make sure you're using Keu's 32-bit version of Delevent.exe.

It could also be a difference in the spelling of a city in the game and in the events.txt file. I'm not sure the delevent file can spot things like that.

Don't think that'll cause an events error. His events file checks out with my working version 2.2. Delevent doesn't spot stuff. It was mentioned because it's possible that the embedded events weren't being cleared from the SAV file at the same time as the rules files were being swapped. However, once events are embedded, I'm not sure that it's even possible to produce events errors. So I reckon he's using the wrong (or edited) rules file.

Hey, thanks for your help!

I ended up playing it on ToT, and it works just fine now.

Top Bottom