Problem starting this Mod

mmeyerde

Chieftain
Hello everybody ,

firstly I would like to thank you for the creation of this project, unfortunately I cannot get this to work.

I installed it -> unzipped the file into the BoS Mod folder. Then I loaded the mod. After a short time the screen and new music appeared. In the middle of the screen there is the menu box. Unfortunately there are no fonts shown. I can choose something but cannot really read what I am choosing.

I thought it would have to do something with the registry so I tried to change it. Unfortunately in the linked thread there is no picture left. So I am stuck here.

Civ IV (low budget; not the complete German version)
BoS Patch 3.19
XP Prof. 32Bit.

Any clues or guesses?

Regards

I think the issue that Civ4 has to be set to English to show the menu was solved (maybe try anyway) but it might be still an issue if your windows username has a special character like 'öäüß'.

The mod can only be played under English.
This is an easy fix.
Go to your main Beyond the Sword folder and find Civilization4.ini

Scroll down until you see this. Change the number to 0 in Language = . On your screen it probably says Language = 2.

There have been some suggestions on how we can fix it for other languages but it will take time and modders must include tags for all (6) languages in their text files for new and moded stuff (even if they copy the English text into the the other languages text when they cant translate)

Yes, that was the problem. Sometimes solutions could be so easy. Thank you.

Best regards

Top Bottom