Problem With Trying to Start Playing

CivLuvah

Deity
There seems to be an issue with my game. I've gotten the Australian update just now, but it seems that whenever I try to start playing Civ6, whether an old save or a new game, right after the usual black screen with "Loading, Please Wait", there's this text that comes afterwards that says "Start Game" in ordinary, non-caps lock text. Then I hear the usual Settler sound and then it comes back to the Home Screen. What happened?

If you are playing with any mods, disable them and try again.

I have disabled all of my mods, and it worked.

I've tried playing them by disabling them one by one, starting from the mods that I've yet to update, but all of them seem to create the same problem. How do I fix this?

You need to only use mods that have been updated for the patch and DLC. If they are mods you have written, you need to fix them. If they are mods created by third parties, you need to wait for the mod authors to update the mods or figure out how to contact the mod authors and nag them until they update their mods. If a mod author claims to have updated their mod but it still breaks the game, either ditch that mod or complain to the mod author.

Top Bottom