Problems loading GOTM-02 save file

Sent......

I can´t load the normal gotmSavegame the no password file doesn´t work either. Follwing message
Cannot Load Version 1836345404 expected 102 or lower
I have done nothing I installed the game then the patch 1.52 nothing else
in about build
CIV. Version 152
Save Version 102
Mod None
What´s wrong:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Polydeukes said:
I can´t load the normal gotmSavegame the no password file doesn´t work either. Follwing message
Cannot Load Version 1836345404 expected 102 or lower
I have done nothing I installed the game then the patch 1.52 nothing else
in about build
CIV. Version 152
Save Version 102
Mod None
What´s wrong:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I've replied to your e-mail: I tried sending you a zipped version instead (sounds like you've somehow got a corrupted save file).

I've sent off the emails. I forgot to mention that I've also reinstalled the game fresh.

I got the password protect error as well - tried reinstalling but that didn't work - have attached assetcheck file

Attachments

• AssetCheck.txt
    24 KB · Views: 79
@diddl: Send me an email to me at gotm_submit<at>civfanatics.net and I'll send you the unprotected file.

Well, I just fixed my problem with loading the save. Per a suggestion from Dianthus over in the HOF forum, I reinstalled CIV4 to an NTFS partition (was installed on a FAT32 before). Patched to 1.52 and now I can load the original GOTM2 save file. My Documents and Windows are still on FAT32, so it seems that only the main program directory has to be on NTFS file system.

Interesting. I did not realized, but my C: drive is FAT32. Since I have another drive which is NTFS, I will try installing it there to see if it solves my problem. I will edit this post afterward to say if it works or not.

EDIT: Problem solved. No need to send me the unprotected version of the save even if I sent an e-mail to the administrator this afternoon. It was as simple as that. Simply install the program on an NTFS drive. I hope the problem gets solved for those who do only have FAT32 drives before the next GOTM to free the administrators to do something else than sending e-mails.

AInwood posted the NTFS possible fix here. It seems likely that this can fix the problem. Please let us know if it works for you.

Yes, it worked for me. Thanks.

If you mean, how you get to know which version you installed:

Go to the windows directory, there is a folder called Microsoft .Net and then there is a subfolder called framework.
The subfolders in this folder show you, which versions you have installed

e.g. if there's a folder v1.1.4322 then you have Version 1.1

I got a strange problem (email sent yesterday), am I the first one where a later save didn't open with the prompt that I have modified assets (which I don't have), but earlier saves opened?

If you have emailed Ainwood or gotm <at> civfanatics.net you won't get any action, as he's out of town - see his sig.

No, you are not the first. We've seen a couple of instances of this. If you send your save to gotm_submit <at> civfanatics.net I can edit it.

Yes, I had sent it to both...
I have re-send it now, hope you get it this time...

Top Bottom