Problems With Scenario Installations

A system restart shouldn't be necessary to get that fix to work. All you are doing is putting a "signpost" to PTW Game Data in the place where the mod is looking for it, and calling it CIV3PTW. So as far as the system is concerned it's no different from copying that directory into the mod, lock stock and barrel, except you haven't used any significant disk space.

By the way, once you have made the symlink called CIV3PTW for the first mod, you should be able to just copy it into another mod folder to achieve the same effect for that one. You don't need to go through all the Terminal steps again each time.

By the way, once you have made the symlink called CIV3PTW for the first mod, you should be able to just copy it into another mod folder to achieve the same effect for that one. You don't need to go through all the Terminal steps again each time.

How do you copy it?

Update: Figured it out.

It's just a little file. Option-drag is the easiest way to create a copy in another location. Or right click the symlink and select "copy", then navigate to the destination, and right click and select "paste".

I'm having trouble opening ToB, when I try I get...

Problem is, I use a Mac. Now ordinarily I would move a copy of the folder in question to the ToB folder and then the scenario would open. Didn't work in this case. For, you see, the BIQ is looking for a folder that isn't there. In the Mac version of Civ2 Complete the pertinent floder is Play the World Game Data/Extras/Medieval Japan/...

What this means is that you have produced a Windows Civ3 scenario which can't be played on the Mac. Could some kind soul produce a Mac version ToB?

Make an alias of the play the world game data folder and name it Civ3PTW. Period.

Top Bottom