Progressive MP game thread

Whenever I have a turn to take I check the turn loggers on all the turns just to make sure. The log doesn't open for me without entering the password some 5 times so it's too annoying to use for me but if it opens easily for others, it's a good idea to use it. And that's all I tend to think on the subject, that we should be looking to ensure that if we're on an updated SVN for any game, we should check to make sure we aren't potentially up whether we think so or not based on these threads. In whatever way we choose to do so.

But if delays aren't that long I'm not going to be too bothered by anything. The tmiing of the turn handoffs on the main continues to frustrate but it isn't avoidable.

Spirictum is now up in all 3 games and based on what he said in the other thread that means we're stuck for a moment. I hope things go well sorting that out soon Spirictum. I've also been wondering how things have been faring on the programming side with trade route restructuring.

The log doesn't open for me without entering the password some 5 times so it's too annoying to use for me but if it opens easily for others, it's a good idea to use it.
I hate this, but it is easily circumvented by setting up a second SVN folder without modding priviliege, (like all SVN non-modding players have), then you can use all the SVN tools as much as you want without having to deal with passwords.
I almost only touch tthe modding SVN folder when I update it right before I make a commit. That's 3 times I have to enter that password at the relatively few occasions when I make a commit.

I hate this, but it is easily circumvented by setting up a second SVN folder without modding priviliege, (like all SVN non-modding players have), then you can use all the SVN tools as much as you want without having to deal with passwords.
I almost only touch tthe modding SVN folder when I update it right before I make a commit. That's 3 times I have to enter that password at the relatively few occasions when I make a commit.
Good idea. I'll set that up when my slow ass internet is running fairly well and I don't need it for something else.

Spirictum is now up in all 3 games and based on what he said in the other thread that means we're stuck for a moment. I hope things go well sorting that out soon Spirictum. I've also been wondering how things have been faring on the programming side with trade route restructuring.

About what happened:
I've tried so many approaches I can't even remember all of them. Anyways, after a full night and morning doing a backup of 400GB, I issued a clean install of win 10, booting with the CD drive (it didn't work through the OS) and I went to college. I've returned not long ago and finally this is already in my new pc reborn. Everything is working, and as a prize, because I reinstalled windows, all those pesky Acer's apps and some windows' apps are vanished, and this removed a strain of almost 10% of my RAM, which sums up to around 1,5 GB. :crazyeye:

@Harrier
This was one of the early attempts, only to find out my system was set to use only 1% of my storage space to save restore points. Because of that it had only one, of about an hour before, which was too late by the time I was trying this.

@All
Currently I'm installing CIV, then I'll download the turn. From my backup I have all C2C folders, and I already installed TortoiseSVN

About Trade Routes:
I thought about posting it there, but as no one brought the subject until now, I stood not posting. Well, I've found some difficulties to deal with those settings, but difficulties I'm learning to overcome with a subject I'm having this semester on Algorithm Analysis, so for now I'm still in the process of learning. I haven't stopped working on this, but I'm still in the reading and studying phase because this is mostly new territory to me. I never truly programmed in C++, only in C and Java, which makes C++ understandable, but not yet programmable with proficiency. Not only that, but the Algorithm used is one I've never seen before, and that I'm going to see in this subject, so I'm learning to get there. I hope I can start writing something by the end of this semester, like in a month or two, depending on how hard the final tests will be.

About what happened:

About Trade Routes:
I thought about posting it there, but as no one brought the subject until now, I stood not posting. Well, I've found some difficulties to deal with those settings, but difficulties I'm learning to overcome with a subject I'm having this semester on Algorithm Analysis, so for now I'm still in the process of learning. I haven't stopped working on this, but I'm still in the reading and studying phase because this is mostly new territory to me. I never truly programmed in C++, only in C and Java, which makes C++ understandable, but not yet programmable with proficiency. Not only that, but the Algorithm used is one I've never seen before, and that I'm going to see in this subject, so I'm learning to get there. I hope I can start writing something by the end of this semester, like in a month or two, depending on how hard the final tests will be.
You're referring to the fill method that AIAndy was using right? When you do figure it out I'm gonna have to have you explain it step by step through the code you come up with because I have a feeling I can REALLY use that but it's just too strange to me at the moment and what AIAndy posted was clear as mud.

I never have to enter my password to Commit, either here for the game or for my Commits to the Mod. If you all Do then you are using the unsecure link to do so. Fix your link and it will fix your password problem.

I never have to enter my password to Commit, either here for the game or for my Commits to the Mod. If you all Do then you are using the unsecure link to do so. Fix your link and it will fix your password problem.

Interesting, I thought I was using the correct link and it's just asking for authentification. I do know that I use tortoise mercurial more than tortoise svn so I am not as familiar with it as I would like.

How do I need to change this link?
svn+ssh://toffer90@svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk
Is it possible to include the password in this link somehow?

Or are you referring to something else entirely?

And it will limit you to how much you can commit at a time making editing and committing the massive FPK files prohibitive. Yeah there's another way to link that you are using that allows no entry of passwords. I can never figure out how to setup that link anymore - used to be the way I had it until I ran into the above noted problem. Having a second repository setup in my docs or something just to use when accessing some features would be nice tho.

How do I need to change this link?
svn+ssh://toffer90@svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk
Is it possible to include the password in this link somehow?

Or are you referring to something else entirely?
Took me a minute or 2 to remember how to get the link. Yours is the old way.
This is the better way:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk

It should ask for your password the 1st time iirc, and then you won't have to put it in multiple times anymore.

EDIT: I believe switched over to this back when koshling left as he showed it to me as an optional way. I used it for AND2 to commit there before I was added to the C2C team. Again if this :old: memory is clicking right. :)

And it will limit you to how much you can commit at a time making editing and committing the massive FPK files prohibitive.

I'm not to sure about that statement. I think it's outdated T-brd. You do do the Tortoise Updates when they show up don't you? The ones from SourceForge like the August update for 1.9.7.27970-x64-svn-1.9.7.msi?

Last edited:
@Toffer90, @T-brd,

Did this help you all?

Sorry I forgot to comment. I don't usually bother to update Tortoise because for a long time there these were coming in daily and it was taking too much time to update. I should update soon and check your theory. Would be super nice to not have to put my password in 4 times every time I update like I do now on all of these games and the main mod!

I'll work on getting that updated and setup in the next day or two. And yes, very helpful to provide that link, thanks!

Turn Done, Joseph is up
The Massive will take more time as I'm starving right now

You're referring to the fill method that AIAndy was using right? When you do figure it out I'm gonna have to have you explain it step by step through the code you come up with because I have a feeling I can REALLY use that but it's just too strange to me at the moment and what AIAndy posted was clear as mud.

I'll try my best to explain it to you when I finally understand the whole of it. The concept already makes sense to me, but I need to understand some details and peculiarities to fill the gaps in my head. I'm also relearning stuff related to the manipulation of Graphs, as this Algorithm is based on a Graph. It'll take time but it'll be worth it

I'll try my best to explain it to you when I finally understand the whole of it. The concept already makes sense to me, but I need to understand some details and peculiarities to fill the gaps in my head. I'm also relearning stuff related to the manipulation of Graphs, as this Algorithm is based on a Graph. It'll take time but it'll be worth it
It sounds useful for tracking idea strengths as well.

Turn Done, Joseph is up
The Massive will take more time as I'm starving right now

Save is asking for Augusta Caesar's password Spirictum.

I didn't try it because of the limitation TB mentioned. But thanks for sharing your knowledge on the matter.
Perhaps you should, as T-brd's response shows that he is not keeping up with the SourceForge updates. I do believe his information is out dated. But you can still use your way, it is your choice. :)

Acularius next

Top Bottom