Project Announcement:Babylon 5 and/Star Trek Scenarios

sela1s1son

King
I'd like to do one or both of the above... I however have no skills in the Graphics department. I could do everything else. I have a map of Babylon 5 space from Agents of Gaming (the guys who did several wargames for B5) and I know the map to the ST universe.

For ST I'd suggest doing the A.Q. 24th Century, although 23rd to 24th could be done. Borg Barbarians most likely later on.

Who would like to work on this project?

I would like to help you with Star Treck, but I cannot create units, and I am very bad at other graphics, so civilopedia entries, map, placing units, whatever else I can do

I could use help with Civilopedia Enteries... also I've seen three maps of the ST Universe. One has the Federation with the Klingons to the "West", and the Romulans to the "East" (Go Romulans!)... This was a 23rd Century map... so I'd place the Cardies to the northwest (as there was a Cardie/Kling border with Bajor between Cardies, Feds, and Klingons.... (as the Bajorans had borders with them) and the Ferengi to the Federation's North East...

Also, a few other powers (obviously smaller) like the Gorn or Tholians would be interesting...

can you post the maps? I don't think I saw any ST universe maps made for Civ3. And how are they made? Do they already have the new terrain files and such?

No, I'm talking about maps I've seen online and ones I've used for Wargames (as in Minatures). I could draw very crude versions of the one I mentioned above, and try to do the other one or two justice.

i would like to help you with the Star Trek part, i do have some ideas for myself, like using railroad for the Bajoran Wormhole to get you to go fast to the Gamma Quadrant. (actually this isn't my idea, but from the civ 2 scenarios).

I'm also not very good in graphics, but i could help out woth the civilopedia :)

What Civ's are you planning to put into the game?

i would think:

- Federation
- Klingon Empire
- Romulan Star Empire
- Cardassia
- Dominion
- Ferengi
- Breen
- Borg (as the barbarrians is a very good idea, because they would attack everybody and don't negotiate (forget Voyager))

and a few smaller races would be nice

That's an idea... it would be a huge map which wouldn't allow settelers (Although I'd like to find a way to prevent the destruction of cities in this case) Forget the Kazons, etc... I think Gamma/Alpha quads would be best.
However, we'd need to find a way to prevent entering the wormhole midway... (Surround all but the enterences with water?)

Also I'd recomend against fighters... as a ship could take the slow way and bomb a ship in the wormhole (although why they would stop is beyond me)

I am atm working on a B5 Mod, i have just started my first unit, but in a week or so, i will have a few Shadow ships, and if u want some sort of joint effort i would be very happy to do so, as i plan to get more pepole to work on it when i get the time any way.

I have access to detailed histories for B5, also I have data on the ships (based on the Wargames from Agents of Gaming) to compare the strengths (relatively).

I also can scan a galaxy map which AoG also made.

All the stuff released by AoG was approved my JMS...

I have access to detailed histories for B5, also I have data on the ships (based on the Wargames from Agents of Gaming) to compare the strengths (relatively).

I also can scan a galaxy map which AoG also made.

All the stuff released by AoG was approved my JMS...

So yes, I'd love to! What unit did you complete?

I'd save the Drakh stuff for last, in case we decide against thier use.

The big question is, what do we do with the Shadows and Vorlons?

I could do the rest of the scenario, but I can't go graphics.

In other words, it'd be great to do that project. :)

Ottooo:
I ignore Voyager... ;-)

"
- Federation
- Klingon Empire
- Romulan Star Empire
- Cardassia
- Dominion
- Ferengi
- Breen
- Borg (as the barbarrians is a very good idea, because they would attack everybody and don't negotiate (forget Voyager))
"

I'm shaky on the Breen, but I could seem them more then any of the other lesser powers. I also know the least about them from the ones above.

i have planned most of how the mod will work, and the unit i am working on is the Shadow Spitfire, i have just finished the Default amination, and the others i will do when i have time,
I also am working on the EA Hyperion calls, i have to admit they are not the highest quality, but they should be ok for now.
What would be good, is some detailed pics/drawings of the ships, the simpler designs the better !

OK the units I'll gather the images for:
Shadow Cruiser
Shadow Scout
Vorlon Cruiser
Vorlon Transport

Minbari Sharlin
Minbari White Star

Earth Hyperion
Earth Omega
Earth Nova
(others?)

Narn G'quan
Narn T'loth

Centauri Primus
Centauri Vorchan

You can also get ship images at

http://b5wars.agentsofgaming.com/gallery/?state=

Depending on how well people painted the minatures, is how reliable the image is. The most debateable ship I've seen is the Primus, there are a variety of schemes for them... although I'm going to look at the show and/or stills...

Vorlon Destroyer/Transport with wings folded in:
http://b5wars.agentsofgaming.com/gallery/images/130.JPEG

Two with them out (Why the one on the left is a crimson, I don't know)
http://b5wars.agentsofgaming.com/gallery/images/227.JPEG

Vorlon Cruiser:
http://b5wars.agentsofgaming.com/gallery/images/333.JPEG

Although I'd changed the light touches of Green to a Greyish color...

Vorlon Fighter:
AGAIN, why this guy uses Crimson is beyond me... it should be yellow...

http://b5wars.agentsofgaming.com/gallery/images/65.JPEG

Top Bottom