Proposal for Amendment I

peter grimes

Retired Moderator
Currently, the Constitution reads as follows:
6) The Office of UN Relations
A) Ambassador to the UN
- Represents the team in all official UN thread discussions or votes
- Responsible to open a team poll for any UN decisions that need to be made, and then faithfully represent the will of the team to the UN.

Proposed Amendment:
Relabel 6) A to 5) E

This would effectively merge the Officer of UN relations into the Office of Humanities. The Officer of Humanities would then be free to appoint a representative to the UN, or serve in that position himself.

I think this is the simplest way to accomplish the merger, but if anyone comes up with an alternative, Please Post Here! :)

If we are to assume that our current level of participation will continue – then I agree, this is a good change.

The constitution was specifically written to allow many people to officially participate elected in government in times when the team is active and many people want to participate (with the President nominating any gaps in times of weak participation).

Currently we don't have many actives… but the game is still in the early stages.

For me – it comes down to whether or not we think we'll see more active participation as the game gets into later stages… or if the team will pretty much stay like it is now.

Stay like it is now = Change the constitution like Peter proposes.
Expect the team to get more active = Leave the constitution like it is.

What do you think?

I would think at this point in the game it makes sense at the very least.

No opposition from me!

Just wanted to make sure we're thinking about it.

Doesn’t look like we need a formal poll! Unless we all want something to vote on to feel special?

:thumbsup:

...grumble grumble...

...More work for the Provost...

...sigh...

No opposition from me. However, if a vote were held or tallied I would officially abstain.

gbno1fan said:
...grumble grumble...

...More work for the Provost...

...sigh...

No opposition from me. However, if a vote were held or tallied I would officially abstain.

You can still appoint someone to do it for you. :)

Just keep the nomination thread running every month, and if there are multiple nominations you get to "elect" whoever you like. ;)

So it looks like this amendment passed.

General_W, I believe you posted the constitution. Would you mind changing it to reflect the amendment?

Done!
Better late than never!
:salute:

Top Bottom