PTW non C3C extra units - WWII units

Are these units meant to just be more Unique Units for the specific Civs, or can any Civ use them?

They look really cool, especially the tanks. Congrats to whomever designed them.. I assume they work in Conquests. When we download them, where do we download them to?

(On another note, what the heck does IIRC mean?)

Originally posted by RealGoober
Are these units meant to just be more Unique Units for the specific Civs, or can any Civ use them?

They look really cool, especially the tanks. Congrats to whomever designed them.. I assume they work in Conquests.

Well they are free to use as you wish but personally I would use them mostly for their real nationality civs :p
In case you need help (some names are not exactly telling...)
FW 190 German plane
M 26 Pershing US tank
P-5 Mustang US fighter
Panther German tank
Sturmovick Russian plane
T 34 Russian tank
Tiger II German tank

They were designed by the guys at Firaxis so they are the same quality as the other units they did. They were incorporated in PTW in an "Extra" folder.
They can work with conquests provided you incorporate references to them in a mod/scenario.

Originally posted by tigerblow
I have found them for a long time!
Thank you for the uploading!

Bu keqi.
Keshi wo juede ni de yisi shi "search" (=zhao), bu shi "found" (=zhao dao) ;)
Xiwang ni yong tamen you wan'r...

I deleted PTW out of anger and figured that if I loaded on conquests it would still have all the same stuff. But all the extra stuff was missing and it pissed me off!!! It took me half an hour to find this site and download the units I wanted. Then I got a whole bunch of erroers and had to delelte civ3 and reinstall. Then I had to search another half an hour to find this place agin and all because firaxes didnt put the extra units in conquests!!!! Sorry about all the complaining Hey this is my first post and fanatics.

Welcome to CFC :).
If you ever get the same error, or have the same problem, just reinstall PTW. It won't hurt Conquests.

The crucual French infantry is missing? It's unique attack is auto-surrender?

Seriously though, it would be nice to have a French infantryman from ca. 1940.

Quite a few extra units are missing. There should be things like American flamethrower, P-38, ME262, Japanese rifleman, Zero, American heavy-machinegunner,etc.

All those that you have named weren't released because they are included in C3C, via the Pacific scenario.
As the thread title reads: non C3C extra units.

how do i get the units to work with out a peidaicon thingy??

Hey all.
Here is my first try of Civilopedia icon of M26 Pershing that came with PTW Extra

let me know what you guys think? (if anybody could convert it to pcx that would be awesome)

those look great, how about the flamethrower and anti-tank/bazooka guy?

Thanks, ImperialHR,

Do you plan to do it for all of them?

Maybe you can give us a tutorial abou that. :rolleyes:

Hey all u guys give lou the icons so he can put'em up for dl and we'll all finally have inner peace.

oh and icons too.

Top Bottom