PTW non C3C extra units - WWII units

I can finally use the rocket launchers :D :thanx:

As for the unit stats.. these are what they are in TETurkhan's Test of Time included in PTW:

- Infantry Units -
American Anti-Tank: 0.4.1 - 20.1.3
American Flamethrower: 16.4.1
American Infantry: 6.11.1
American Heavy MG: 4.14.1
British Infantry: 8.11.1
German Anti-Tank: 0.4.1 - 20.1.3
German Flamethrower: 18.4.1
German Heavy MG: 4.16.1
German Infantry: 10.11.1
Italian Infantry: 7.11.1
Japanese Infantry: 8.14.1
Russian Infantry: 9.12.1

- Armored Units -
Churchill: 21.6.2
M26 Pershing: 22.13.4
Panther: 19.14.5
T-34: 20.14.5
Tiger II: 29.8.2

- Air Units -
F4F Wildcat: 15.15.1 - 2.0.2
FW190: 13.13.1 - 2.0.1
ME262: 24.24.1 - 20.0.1
P-38 Lightning: 10.10.1 - 40.0.2
P-51 Mustang: 15.15.1 - 20.0.1
Sturmovick: 17.11.1 - 18.0.2
Zero: 11.11.1 - 3.0.2

Several of those units aren't available for download.. how lame. Anyways, those are to TETurkhans scale which is kind of whacky. I'll list the C3C stats to some of the units so they could be more on scale or you can find some way to even them out?

American Infantry/G.I: 8.6.1
British/ANZAC Infantry: 7.7.1
Heavy MG: 4.9.1
Japanese/Nipponese Infantry: 6.5.2

Well there you go. Have fun!

Originally posted by Rufus T.Firefly

Just a request for Steph: I must demand you to create the bersagliere, pls!

... and perhaps some "normal" Italian WWII infantry... and if we R at this request- French would be nice too (I honestly believe someone at Firaxis must hate the French; I mean: Pink Default Colour and, apart from Chinese the only major Civ not unit-represented in the PTW extras...) ;)

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

... apart from Chinese the only major Civ not unit-represented in the PTW extras...
Yes, even the dinosaurs got a bunch of extra units... ;)

And it's strange that Infogrames/Atari is so mean towards the French, as it's a French company. :rolleyes:

And it's strange that Infogrames/Atari is so mean towards the French, as it's a French company. :rolleyes:

Actually, I think it makes perfect sense. I often find that people are most abusive towards their own countrymen. It's kind of like how it's funny when you make the joke about your own people, but when somebody else says it, them's fightin' words.

Hey, I know that these are only PTW extras, but does Loulong's posting mean that someone can start posting PTW munits?:mischief:

Originally posted by Runamok Monkey
Hey, I know that these are only PTW extras, but does Loulong's posting mean that someone can start posting PTW munits?:mischief:
You can post munits of the units that Lou has posted.

Originally posted by mrtn
You can post munits of the units that Lou has posted.

But not of the midieval infantryman?

Thanks, mrtn, for the clarification.:thumbsup:

I downloaded several of these, and they look great, but I cannot get them to work. I am using C3C. The unit I wanted to add was the German Infantry. Here is what I have done - used the Editor to add the unit by customizing the rules, this has been done by the book and should be proper (don't have an Icon for the unit, but I don't think that matters. Also, do I have the icon for this unit already if I have C3C?) I changed the pediaicons file and added the #anim... stuff. I made a file in the Conquests Units folder that included the exact title and put all the stuff I unzipped into it. The thing I could not do was deal with some sort of .ini file. How do I deal with this? It is not in the .zip file I downloaded. Someone please help me, this has sucked away my whole afternoon and I am on the verge of throwing my monitor out the window and going to class.

In the biq you have to go to Scenario/scenario properties, and in the area called "Scenario Search Folders" (IIRC, something with folders in the name, at least :D ) you have to add "..\MyMod" (where MyMod is the name of the scenario folder you added).

Charlesolmsted, I downloaded it it only to check the INI file.
In the zip is a INI file called German Rifleman.INI (thats the name firaxis called the unit) if you named it in the editor and so in the game "German Infantry" you have to rename the .ini file also to German Infantry.ini and you have to be sure the file in with it's stored also is called exactly the same.
The game will look for the name you gave it (in the editor) in the Pediaicons.txt file this also has to be the exact same:
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_German Infantry (= the name you gave it in the editor)
German Infantry (= the name of the file the game looks for).

Thank you for your help. I realize now what I was doing. I really appreciate the prompt responses. Anyway, does anyone which Icon is appropriate to use for the various units that may be downloaded?

There are no icons, except for the extra units used in the Conquest : WWII in the pacific.

Maybe you could use the infantry icon for all infantry types and the tank icons for all armor units ?

Top Bottom