PTW non C3C extra units - WWII units

Loulong, you forgot some units. P38, american machinegunner, bazooka to name a few. In all, there should be 24 new units.

Yes, you're right, silly me, didn't notice he said "ptw NON-C3C units", so stupid of me.

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Still no Pedia icons... :(

Do you mean I forgot something ?
Or that Firaxis still did not release them ?

@ Zeekater : yes, only non C3C units. BTW the bazooka (US) is the first one (but second post).

Originally posted by LouLong

It is. It usually is the symbol of the Alpine troops in the Italian army, an elite corps that is called I think "Bersaglieri". The French equivalent wears what we call in France the "pizza hat" :lol:

Italian Alpine troops are called Alpini. They had a simple straight feathe. Bersaglieri had a bigger plum, made of rooster feathers, earned during the Crimea wars.
The 12 Bersagileri regiment were incorporated in the infantry in 1940, and were favored by Mussolini who served in their ranks during WWI.

As a special privilege, Alpini and Bersaglieri were allowed to wear their plum on top of the steel helmet adopted in 1935

Originally posted by LouLong

It is. It usually is the symbol of the Alpine troops in the Italian army, an elite corps that is called I think "Bersaglieri". The French equivalent wears what we call in France the "pizza hat" :lol:

Alpine troops aren't an elite units from the Bersaglieri.

Bersaglieri was an infantry troop created by Sardinia reign (by General LaMarmora), used on Indipendence wars from 1848 and 1870: famous is the brench on Porta Pia on sept 20th 1870, which ends Pope reign on Rome.

Alpini, like the word say, is a separated mountain troop used on WW1, agains austrian jager on east front; it was created over Italian reign.

Finally, bersaglieri use an hat with chitcken plume, instead alpini use hat with eagle one.

And now, on the end, I have read Steph post :)

Just a request for Steph: I must demand you to create the bersagliere, pls!

Originally posted by Ossric
what are the stats for this units??
They are not in the PTW regular game, they are just extra material. So you have to make up the stats yourself.

You know, I thought it was bothersome enough when they didn't put pedia icons in PtW... but they STILL have only included the pedia icons they needed for their damned conquests! There's a bunch of them that still don't have em!

Originally posted by Xen
IS that feather plume on Italian infantires HEAD? well, I think its time to give Kal-El a nice big cup of "I told you so" ;)
Xen, get over it. That's a feather in his cap not a plume sticking up like a neon sign on a Centurion's helmet. Quite the difference between a little Robin Hood feather and a giant flaming crest! sheesh. :rolleyes: :crazyeye: :scan:

nevermind ;)

no it's not. it's just a little feather, have you ever seen a hat like that, I have and it's just a feather stuck in the cap, not a giant plume. It may have been made larger for game purposes, but it still remains just a single, simple, little feather.

edit: not fare to change your post while I am writing a response. :p ;)

This is to stop discussion over alpino hat.

In this photo we can see some italian soldier of different corps; strating from left: an infantryman in assault equipment, a mountain artillery soldier, in greatcoat and bandolier a field artillery soldier and last a mountain infantry soldier (ALPINO); both mountain artilleryman and Alpino are wearing the typical felt hat with an eagle or crow feather on the side: this hat is peculiar to the mountain troops.

Top Bottom