Qsc15 Results - "A New Era Opened by Russian Imperialism"

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
We would like to extend our congratulations to all the players who participated in Qsc15 for the January Russia GOTM.

A special congratulations to all the players who earned special recognition for achievements in this game.

Here is a link to the results pages for Qsc15 so that all the players past and present can begin to access and make use of the timelines, save files, and images that have been so carefully prepared and supplied by our QSC players.

Qsc15-Russia Results

Please use this thread to convey your congratulations to all the players -- and -- also to begin some more detailed discussion of the results as well as strategies and tactics that you may find demonstrated in the game examples.

This is one of the first times in the history of the Civfanatics site where you have access to one game played and carefully documented by almost 60 different players, so I urge you to make use of this resource to improve your own play skills and develop new ways to have fun in the GOTM games.

Again, every player who submitted a game and a timeline to this Qsc deserves congratulations and expressions of gratitude from all of us who benefit from the skills and hard work.

We will have more special features, information, and news items related to this Qsc15 and some of the players games during the coming week.

Heh, I'm the first poster! :) Great job compiling all the results! It's nice to see the different maps of people who took similar approaches as you did.

It is clear that I have some work to do to elevate my game. I'm going to be interested to read how Yndy got 16 cities placed and how General Lee picked up Philosohpy and Polythism.

At first glance I guess I need to focus on how to maximize output. It seems most players within my group were able to significantly out-produce me, and I need to figure out why that is the case.

Thanks again for all your hard work on getting these results together GOTM team! :)

Yndy's timeline has demonstrated the value of an early granary on a strong food start. I'm so obsessed with expansion that I always miss this lesson, despite Bamspeedy's excellent tutorial from last GOTM. Yndy had his granary done in very little time and cranked out settlers so fast as to defy amazement, and he did all this with very little sacrifice on the technology front.

Another lesson I'm learning is how to use the AI's inherit weaknesses against it. Yndy's timeline shows how potent Polytheism is from a trading standpoint. Instead of competing with the AI's to get what you need first, you go after what they aren't researching so that it is more valuable as a trading commodity.

Only thing I'd like to see in Yndy's report (and I'm not sure if I really did it in mine, so I shouldn't be one to talk) is more commentary. I like having the details, and I think that format might be something the folks that are talking about a logging utility may want to use, but it doesn't really tell us much about why you made decisions that you did.

Thanks!
BoB

ERROR FOUND IN RESULTS...

This being my first QSC (and first GOTM) - I was very excited to see the results - and even more excited to see that I was 23rd out of 56. Then I noticed that I was given credit for a timeline that I did not produce. :( This should drop me to 48th as I see it. Well, I guess this just motivates me to finish my timeline this month! :)

Well, I didn't have a good start in GOTM15, nor a good game at that... Congrats to the good players, and I hope I'll find the time to read some of the timelines.

Talking about granaries, I focussed a bit more on that aspect in GOTM16, but I think I got a really slow start there too...

Um, like a of of people here, I uh, look at this site when I'm at work...And um, reading the posting of the GOTM15 QSC results has chewed up a LOT of my time today! Shame on you! <g>

Really cool analysis of the results and a lot of info to digest--thank you for your efforts!

Well done!:goodjob: I'm totally overwhelmed with astonishment. It must have taken the GOTM staffs endless hours to compile such wonderful results. Even just the typing by itself would take me forever; I don't know how fast you can type, but it would take me at least three days to type up that much information as in those webpages. And best of all, you are all volunteers for this job.:worshp: You guys are so amazing!:worshp:

Thanks for catching that Midnightwatchman. Fortunately with the new highly advanced method we use for scoring that lil' booboo does not effect anyone's score but yours. ;)

Thanks for pointing that out so quickly for us. Now you really will have to do a timeline so we can see what you really think you are doing.

Bob you seem to have read only my timeline so far. :)
I do not know if cracker edited what seemed to be a huge timeline but I guess he didn’t. It was difficult enough to write that monster thing. Anyway the thing is that I consider my moves to be straightforward (even if I see that nobody took a similar approach). Please let me have your questions.

The games are great. I am amazed when I read bits and pieces of the huge amount of info that cracker posted. Please observe that the top 5 games are from 4 categories and there seems to be no ranking based on the group strategy. I thought I was going to get the crammin’ award but Bam beat me by a full .8 tile per city. It is interesting to see how will the final score would look in both the standard methodology and Aeson’s formula.

Bremp this is the second game in a row where you do miracles. Your timeline is top priority for me. Same for all the guys who did manage to build more cities then me. (Bam, SirPleb).

I guess I need to take a closer look at what you did before I bog ya down with questions. Mostly I'm interested in how to boost my production. What impressed me was that out of our group you managed to place many more cities than me, build more improvements than me and get more techs than me! :) So I figured yours was the one to check out first. ;)

I'll take a look and have questions when I get home from work. Just out of curiosity, is the reason you researched the Mysticism, Polythism branch because of the trade value or for some other reason?

BoB

Originally posted by pterrok
Um, like a of of people here, I uh, look at this site when I'm at work...And um, reading the posting of the GOTM15 QSC results has chewed up a LOT of my time today! Shame on you! <g>

Really cool analysis of the results and a lot of info to digest--thank you for your efforts!

Same for me... I must say I have been way too active on this board today for my boss to be happy... :rolleyes:

Marvellous, time to start downloading timelimes to read. Unfortunatly not everyone I wanted to read did submit a timeline. Ah well .. guess I have to peek at how others did it.

I should shed a little light on the lack of timelines in some areas.

First, a little dose of peer pressure can go a long way in some areas to change or shape behavior.

Second, we need to recognize that language can be a real hurdle that some of out alternative language players have to work hard to cross. We niave English speakers tend to take communication for granted (until you volunteer for a GOTM Staff position and begin to fully discover that most of the people on earth do not speak English.

Players in this months Qsc and Gotm does not speak English at all, but has can play Civ3 very well and has communicated that he is working on timelines in his native language just because they help him to focus on things in his game that he can do better to improve his play. We are working on a "short-hand" system that will make it easier to translate the technical part of the timelines and also will be adding support for several alternative language versions of the GOTM webpages as well as the game rules, instuctions, and game announcements.

English will still be the only official language of the discussion groups, be we want to reach out to the worldwide player base for Civ3 gams and them include them in our fun and enlightening game processes.

You will hear more about these issues in the coming months.

In the future (say next QSC) there will be a new scorelist (duh!), will there also be a combined score list (for all qsc games) just like there is a player ranking for the gotm that spanns multiple games ..

group 5 scoring chart, there must be an extra 0 at the end of most things there. No way in h*ll did all of them output over 100 of nearly everything ...

SirPleb & Bamspeady: Congratulation!:goodjob: Thanks for showing me that I still have a lot to learn before I can catch up to your level.:)

Originally posted by Aeson
My whole gameplan was to be the richest at 1000BC, so close... Nicely done Moonsinger, that's a lot of gold!

Thank you.:) I have good teacher. After many months of studying your moves, I think I have figured out your money secret. Now, I just have to figure out how to conquer as quick as CB or to build as fast as Bampspeedy or SirPleb. There are still much for me to learn.

Top Bottom