Question about our Installer, Launcher, and Steam

Valkrionn

The Hamster King
So, recently purchased my girlfriend the Civ4 Complete edition on Steam, for her birthday (she picked it. Definitely a keeper. :lol:). I've been playing some vanilla BtS with her, so she can learn the basics of the game, but she wants to try RifE soon.

So, hopefully some of you out there have the steam version of Civ4, and can answer these questions for me.
  1. Do our installers work correctly with the steam version of the game?
  2. Does the launcher work with Steam, or no?

Thanks! :goodjob:

So, recently purchased my girlfriend the Civ4 Complete edition on Steam, for her birthday (she picked it. Definitely a keeper. :lol:). I've been playing some vanilla BtS with her, so she can learn the basics of the game, but she wants to try RifE soon.

So, hopefully some of you out there have the steam version of Civ4, and can answer these questions for me.
  1. Do our installers work correctly with the steam version of the game?
  2. Does the launcher work with Steam, or no?

Thanks! :goodjob:

if installers doesn't work, then just extract it to desktop and copy manually
and about the launcher working with steam: i have absolutely no idea, and i don't even have any way how to test it / make it work since my Civ4 wasn't bought via Steam
i can try to do some guess-work based on hints mentioned in first page of Rife launcher page, but it would require help of someone who has steam version of civ4 ... so ... no promises

Both the installer and the launcher work with steam.

I'm spending some time on my laptop so I installed civ along with the gauntlet of mods, RifE was actually very nice, since with orbis and master of mana I had to do a bunch of fiddling with the shortcuts to get them to work. Had to change the 'start in' parameter. But the rife launcher automatically picked up where everything was.

I have been having an issue with units not always using the correct art though. for example wild skeletons seem to use the vanilla swordsman art until they attack. Not sure what that's about.

I have been having an issue with units not always using the correct art though. for example wild skeletons seem to use the vanilla swordsman art until they attack. Not sure what that's about.

i believe that's caused by "Frozen animation" option in Options/Graphics settings

and i'm glad to hear that launcher works :D

So, about the launcher and steam...

I played FF before and it worked, but i had to launch Civ 4 BtS first and then load the mod.
If i start the RfE launcher, i alrdy get a warning that a part of the modules couldn't get loaded and then i keep getting tons of warnings like this:
-Failed Loading XML file modules\MLF_Civ4ModularLoadingControls.xml
-LoadXML call failed ( dozen of )
-There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtiliy
-Allocating zero or less memory in CvXMLLoadUtily

After clicking on more than 200 warnings, i decided to close Civ via TaskManager.
Is there someone, who can help me with my problem?

I alrdy changed my Reginal and Language Options, customized and change the Decimal symbol to . (dot) and group symbol to , (comma).
But i still get the errors.

Help is highly appreciated.
Gary

So, about the launcher and steam...

I played FF before and it worked, but i had to launch Civ 4 BtS first and then load the mod.
If i start the RfE launcher, i alrdy get a warning that a part of the modules couldn't get loaded and then i keep getting tons of warnings like this:
-Failed Loading XML file modules\MLF_Civ4ModularLoadingControls.xml
-LoadXML call failed ( dozen of )
-There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtiliy
-Allocating zero or less memory in CvXMLLoadUtily

After clicking on more than 200 warnings, i decided to close Civ via TaskManager.
Is there someone, who can help me with my problem?

I alrdy changed my Reginal and Language Options, customized and change the Decimal symbol to . (dot) and group symbol to , (comma).
But i still get the errors.

Help is highly appreciated.
Gary

have you tried to reinstall RifE ? seems like you have corrupted installation, or you have changed some directories

I think i found the problem, i completely failed to see the main download and only installed the two patches. -_-
I was alrdy wondering how you guys managed to get all the changes into only 20 mb.
Anyway thanks for the reply, i was going nuts to find a solution to the xml error.

I have had this problem a number of times over the years. In fact I have it now on a new laptop. But thanks for your post - because that confirmed it for me.

FYI: Since I got Steam two years ago (my old Civ 4 disk gave up the ghost) I have almost never had a version where I haven't had to tweak the shortcut. Somehow there always ends up being an extra space in the command line parameters that screws it up.

MoM 1.2x has fixed that problem. I installed it last night and the shortcut worked right out of the shoot.

Top Bottom