Question for Civ4 Players

angelus512

Warlord
Greets everybody.
Probably going to grab Civ4 when I get a machine that can run it.
My specs are to memory AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz, 256 DDR. 64meg Gforce2.
So yeah civ3 about the only thing I can reliably run for now.

ANyways my question is based on some quick scanning of this forum I am pleased to get the impression that Civ4 has tackled or fixed the problem all civ's to date have had where
Biggest empire = win

Which I have always hated. I don't like the idea of having to expand like a maniac at the expense of proper gameplay and enjoyment.
From what I can tell in civ4 it appears that even if your empire is smaller in comparison to a larger neighbour depending on how you run things the smaller might actually be more powerful or comparable.
Am I correct in this guesswork?

Depends, the extra corruption for each extra city really hurts players who overexpand and dont build enough cottages, their tech will grind to a halt. If you're behind in military techs, its real hard to win a war, no matter how many troops you have. Also, the smaller civ might have spread a religion and gained more allies.

angelus512 said:
Greets everybody.
Probably going to grab Civ4 when I get a machine that can run it.
My specs are to memory AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz, 256 DDR. 64meg Gforce2.

I have the same processor and I can play on Standard maps, with graphics settings on low. I have alot more memory though, 1 gig. And a Radeon 9550 video card with 128 VRAM.

Oh, and yes you're correct, bigger is not necessarily better in this game.

Abdomination said:
Depends, the extra corruption for each extra city really hurts players who overexpand and dont build enough cottages, their tech will grind to a halt.

There's no corruption in Civ 4, it's maintenance costs.

"Question for Civ4 Players?"

Well, it seems you came to the right place, then, because there are quite a few civ4 players here. Perhaps you could post your question? With a more informative subject line? Then maybe someone ... oh nevermind.

Top Bottom