Question regarding Elohim

mmmrrrr

Chieftain
Currently playing an interesting game as the Elohim.

I conquered Illians early, and so have the White Hand, and very recently Drifa. Approaching late game, a Bannor-Mercurian alliance is leading the score, a Clan-Lanun-Kuriotate-Doviello alliance is at war with me, and Malakim are vassaled to me (they offered freely after the Clan attacked them).

I'm pondering building Auric in one of my Illian cities. Uncharacteristic perhaps, but it's a very tempting gameplay option.

I'm also pondering to combine The Draw with either Corlindales unique ability or my Worldspell.

If I force peace using Corlindale, what happens to the forced war from the Draw? Will the game break?

I don't know what happens if the Draw is completed and permanent war declared during a time for forced peace, but I suspect it just overrides that forced peace treaty. Using Corindale's peace spell and then the Draw would probably guarantee that everyone in the world is at war with you and only you.

On the other hand, using Peace after The Draw will negate the Permanent War effect of the ritual. I've never done it with Corindale's peace spell, but the python effect is pretty much identical to the Seven Pines peace spell that I have often used after the Draw.

Generally when I play as the Illians I like to find the Seven Pines early and then refuse to accept any open boarder agreements, or at least cancel such agreements with anyone that is at war with anyone. That way, no other civ can use the spell and disable the feature before The Draw is completed.

I also like to make sure I get the Mercurian Gate, so I'll have an Ally in case I can't use the spell. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop an ally from entering your territory and using Peace, so that means I either have to make sure Basium enters the world on a separate continent or that I never go to war until The Draw.

I also try to vassalise as many civs as possible just before The Draw is complete, as those go to war with your new enemies instead of you. Getting defensive pacts is also nice, as it forces those civs with larger indexes to declare war on those with lower indexes before declaring war on you. It won't stop them from declaring war on you, but it will mean that your enemies will be fighting each other off as well. (Hmm..now that I think of it, it may have been changed a few versions back so that the draw cancels defensive pacts before making you declare war. If so, ignore that suggestion.)

@MagisterCultuum - I thought that you had to control the 7 pines culturally in order for you to use it? Is this not the case?

-Colin

I'm pretty sure you do not need to have cultural control to use it. I like to have it in my territory so I can keep rivals out so they can't use ti before I can. Using the spell sets the feature to being python inactive, which normally means it wouldn't trigger an onMove python call but in this case means you can't cast the spell.

Top Bottom