Questions about The BUG Mod

Thanks for this info. I was assuming that most of the players are using the BugMod in FFH2. Because I'm absolutely helpless concerning mods I am not able to combine mods. And even worse I'm unclear what to look for when you say ... someone might have combined the mods ...

So, I will play without lovely BugMod...:(
Thanks,
Spaghetti

Thanks for this info. I was assuming that most of the players are using the BugMod in FFH2. Because I'm absolutely helpless concerning mods I am not able to combine mods. And even worse I'm unclear what to look for when you say ... someone might have combined the mods ...

So, I will play without lovely BugMod...:(
Thanks,
Spaghetti

The Fall Further and Wild Mana modmods include BUG.

how current are those versions OnmyojiOmn? ALOT of changes have happened between 3.0 and 4.0, and I thought Fall Further used an old version of BUG, around the 2.x range.

It's going to be even harder to merge BUG now, because many of the best features of BUG require BULL to work correctly, so a re-compiled .dll would be required as well.

how current are those versions OnmyojiOmn? ALOT of changes have happened between 3.0 and 4.0, and I thought Fall Further used an old version of BUG, around the 2.x range.

It's going to be even harder to merge BUG now, because many of the best features of BUG require BULL to work correctly, so a re-compiled .dll would be required as well.
Wild Mana uses 3.6, and the version in FF is pretty old, yeah.

quick question, what exactly is BULL compared to BUG?
Optional custom CvGameCore.dll that enables some features of BUG. We really need a stickied intro to BULL.

I've been using BUG for some time, with great satisfaction. But . . .
I have just reinstalled Civ4, BtS and patch 3.19 (having had a series of "bad allocation" crashes which I attributed to file corruption somewhere). Trying to get Bug again, and noting that 3.6 is still the latest version on the download list, I gaily downloaded it and then hit a brick wall. The installer says "browse to the directory you use as the /AltRoot parameter: it must contain the file "CivilizationIV.ini". What and where is the /AltRoot parameter, and why does an advanced search reveal the only matching file as being "CivilizationIV.ini.bak" ?
What can I do ?

Have you ran BTS yet? It may not have created the ini... don't use the /alt room command unless you are using a file system that isn't in english. Just choose to install to default location, or else install into C:\Program File\Firaxis Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG 3.6, or else to your ..\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\

file Assets\Python\EntryPoints\CvScreensInterface.py, around line 1030-1050
Code:
def liberateOnClickedCallback(argsList):
	iButtonId = argsList[0]
	iData1 = argsList[1]
	iData2 = argsList[2]
	iData3 = argsList[3]
	iData4 = argsList[4]
	szText = argsList[5]
	bOption1 = argsList[6]
	bOption2 = argsList[7]
	city = CyGlobalContext().getPlayer(CyGlobalContext().getGame().getActivePlayer()).getCity(iData1)
	if (not city.isNone()):
		if (iButtonId == 0):
			CyMessageControl().sendDoTask(iData1, TaskTypes.TASK_LIBERATE, [COLOR="Red"]-1[/COLOR], -1, False, False, False, False)
		elif (iButtonId == 2):
			CyInterface().selectCity(city, False)
Original BtS 3.19 of this file, the -1 is a 0 instead.

When it is 0, city owner player after liberation is picked by situation as peacefully.
When it is not 0, owner player is picked by situation as the city is conquerd.

Therefore, I believe it should be remained 0.

re posts 866, 867 above - should have replied sooner, sorry. Yes: ran BtS, exited, downloaded BUG 3.6, works fine. Now, what should I do when BUG 4.0 is released ?
Note that I did not download BAT. Why ? Because I think that it was probably Blue Marble that led to the repeated crashes and I note that BAT now includes this, though in a later version. But I wasn't impressed with Blue Marble anyway (couldn't tell forest from jungle except near maximum zoom, for example) and nor did I like BAT's flags and units: the latter, I found, caused selection problems due to their size and confusion to me in visual identification. Pretty, true, but not helpful in play.

re posts 866, 867 above - should have replied sooner, sorry. Yes: ran BtS, exited, downloaded BUG 3.6, works fine. Now, what should I do when BUG 4.0 is released ?

When BUG 4.0 comes out, uninstall BUG 3.6 and install BUG 4.0. You can tell BUG 3.6 to keep your user settings if you've done a lot of customizing. You'll need to copy the INI files to BUG 4.0 after installing it. Otherwise BUG 4.0 will start with default values as 3.6 did.

I apologize if this is answered elsewhere or easily identifiable, but...

How do I remove a dot city?

If you mean a dotmap placement, alt-X to bring up the dot mapper, and then right click on the spot that you want to remove a dot from.

I have a BUG vs BULL question that I don't recall noticing mentioned before. I'm using BUG from SVN (so essentially 4.0), and I think I'm finding features that were in 3.6 but are now exclusively BULL. Is this so? For instance, my city screen no longer tells me how much longer whip unhappiness will last. The options screen now lists that as a BULL only feature. How much of BUG has moved into being BULL only?

I cannot, alas, just go ahead and download BULL... at least not until there is a BULL+BetterAI merge available.

I think I'm finding features that were in 3.6 but are now exclusively BULL.

No. My preference is to have the feature work in BUG when possible. There are too many cases (BBAI for example) where people can't use BULL.

My city screen no longer tells me how much longer whip unhappiness will last.

Ruff recently fixed a bug where the value was shown when investigating a foreign city. Since you cannot see the whip/draft buttons for foreign cities, you cannot tell how long the whip/draft anger will last. Perhaps he created a new bug when fixing this issue.

The options screen now lists that as a BULL only feature.

Oh, well that's definitely not how it should be. Can you please file this in the Bug tracker on the SF.net site?

When I get home I'll redownload 3.6 and check to make absolutely sure that the option I was looking at is indeed in 3.6. Once I confirm the bug to that extent, I will do so.

Oops, I replied in that thread instead of this one. The option is actually there in 4.0, it just doesn't work (and had moved to a new location on the options pane). See my followup post after Cybah's.

Why don't you add my "Position of Scores" to the project? Even if it is made for games with many players it could be also useful for all players to save space on the screen. And many mods with a custom dll (more available players) use BUG too. Just think about it. RevDCM uses it and if you want here is the link

Top Bottom