Questions about The BUG Mod

Actually, after looking at the files I downloaded I think I'll just wait until the official release. I don't want to take the risk that I'll screw up my game somehow and have to reinstall. I just did that recently.

BTW, I think I ran into a bizarre compatibility problem with another mod, Basic Limited Religions. For some reason when running that one every time someone founded Buddhism there would be an option, like the unrestricted religions option, to found another religion and give it a name. I realize that's not really your problem but I thought I'd let you know. It's possible that it might also be a 3.19 issue but I don't think so. I don't recall encountering it before I added these new files. I suspect it has something to do with the changes made to the religious advisor screen. Which are very nice BTW. I'll leave a note on the thread for that mod. Rather ironic that I'm getting 2 religions at the same time with that one since it's was designed to prevent a civ from founding any more than 1 religion. I'm not sure if it happens with the other religions, I didn't get that far.

I also like what you've done with the dotmaps, the colour picker looks very professional and I'm pleased that you left the dotmaps as just the BFC of the potential cities. Much better than having them all blend in together. I like preserving any Forests that are in an overlap and this new system makes it very easy to see where that occurs.

PS: Oops,it looks like my version of Basic Limited Religion is a bit out of date, I only have the 1.1 version.

Yes, I helped them fix a couple bugs with the Choose Religion option. When you say that mod is conflicting, are you talking about BUG or BULL (the DLL)? The latest version of BUG uses its own CvGameUtils replacement, and the part that blocks the normal founding of religions in that mod is in their CvGameUtils. BUG and LRM won't work together without doing actual merging work.

Seems to be an error with SourceForge. Give it some time.

Any Admins, if you see this, can you move both this post, and most #9 to the Questions about Bug Mod thread?

Thank you!

I just tried downloading the SVN rar instead and all that does is generate a page of random code.

So what's going on exactly?

I just tried downloading the SVN rar instead and all that does is generate a page of random code.

So what's going on exactly?

It sounds like your browser is viewing the file instead of saving it. Right-click its name and select "Save Target As..."

is there a way i can have the new scoreboard to display a civ's dynamic name (CivilizationDescription) instead of just the country name (CivilizationShortDescription)? you can do it in RFC by editing the interface python file but the files are different for BUG scoreboard.

is there a way i can have the new scoreboard to display a civ's dynamic name (CivilizationDescription) instead of just the country name (CivilizationShortDescription)? you can do it in RFC by editing the interface python file but the files are different for BUG scoreboard.

What would it look like then? For example, what would "Louis XIV / France" show up as?

Okay, so the options would probably change to this:

[X] Show Leader Name
[X] Show Civilization [Name / Description]

Can you think of a better term than "Description" to describe what you're requesting? If Mali is its name, what is "Islamic Republic of Arabia" called?

Regarding the screenshot, "German Japan"? Is this because Japan split off of Germany? Or did they capitulate to Germany?

In the screenshot I think Japan is a vassal of Germany. I think it is the same regardless of capitulating.

Is the Advanced combat odds mod going to be included in the next version?

ACO is already in BULL (though an older version unfortunately) which you can install separately. I will be making a real BULL release with an installer sometime soon, but you can always grab it from the SVN.

So why does the download thread list the current BUG version as 4 but there's only 3.6 to download?

I am putting together the 4.0 release of BUG this week. The download thread should only show 3.6 though. Technically, BUFFY 3.19.001 is BUG 4.0 + BULL 1.0 + HOF checks.

I am putting together the 4.0 release of BUG this week. The download thread should only show 3.6 though.

I see. I knew you had a new release coming which is why I checked. I was rather dismayed to only see the 3.6 file available. Will you be releasing BULL this week as well?

Will you be releasing BULL this week as well?

That's my plan. I'm moving this Saturday, and I'm really hoping to get it released before then so I don't have to push it off a couple weeks. The pain point is creating an installer that will install BULL alone or into BUG if BUG is installed as a mod. Huge PITA as it will essentially require 3 install methods. I'm tempted to package it up with BUG (optional of course), but I know people will want to use BULL by itself as well.

hey i know this post is probably gonna be moved but i cant get the bat mod on firefox, it gives me a connection reset error. any other mirrors

Okay, so the options would probably change to this:

[X] Show Leader Name
[X] Show Civilization [Name / Description]

Can you think of a better term than "Description" to describe what you're requesting? If Mali is its name, what is "Islamic Republic of Arabia" called?

Regarding the screenshot, "German Japan"? Is this because Japan split off of Germany? Or did they capitulate to Germany?

to change it in rfc i had to do this:
"If you, in Screens\CvMainInterface.py, replace around line 2990 the occurances of getCivilizationShortDescription(0) with getCivilizationDescription(0), you'll get the long names directly in the scoreboard:"

so i am assuming the code should be similar and there is somewhere in the advanced scoreboard files where i can change the value CivilizationShortDescription with CivilizationDescription to get dynamic civ names. but i can't find the code for the new scoreboard.

so i am assuming the code should be similar and there is somewhere in the advanced scoreboard files where i can change the value CivilizationShortDescription with CivilizationDescription to get dynamic civ names. but i can't find the code for the new scoreboard.

Actually, CvMainInterface.py is still responsible for building the pieces of the scoreboard. Scoreboard.py is only used to layout the scoreboard if Align Icons is checked.

Can you tell us when BUG 4.0 will be released?:mischief:

Only "very soon". I'm moving on Saturday and am pretty busy right now. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom