Questions & Answers

well, you don't actually loose (yet) when your civ collapses. I, myself, consider the game lost but technically it isn't.
I didn't know of this whole exile thing, interesting stuff. I think the best way to test it is with India (vs Persia).

How do I activate the dynamic names in the scoreboard. I already modified that python file, but the short names keep on appearing...

Did you modify the file fully? There are two instances where you need to change the file. They are one right after the other, but if you only scrolled down to the first line it appears, then you might have missed the next line that needs to be modified as well.

Other than that, was the file saved correctly? You might have to re-start Civ IV RFC for it to apply...

That's all I can think of...

well, you don't actually loose (yet) when your civ collapses. I, myself, consider the game lost but technically it isn't.
I didn't know of this whole exile thing, interesting stuff. I think the best way to test it is with India (vs Persia).

in the only RFC game I've ever played, I collapsed as Rome around 1500AD but, helped by France who gave me back a couple of cities, I came back even stronger and eventually won the game

Question:

I notice that the religion shrines seem to have a "cap" on the amount of gold/turn that they give to the civilization that owns them.

How can it be changed to simply produce the amount of gold for each city where the religion exists (as I believe is the norm for BTS), instead of having it "capped"?

My reasoning for wanting to change this...is because I think it will help the Arabian empire spread its borders easier without the Islamic shrine having a low-amount cap on gold...

Where in XML do I change this under the Islamic shrine?...

Thanks,
Matt

when i try to start the mod an error comes up that says Runtime error: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Where in XML do I change this under the Islamic shrine?...

It's in the SDK.

when i try to start the mod an error comes up that says Runtime error: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Do you have the latest patch for CIV and Rhye's?

when i try to install a patch it says that no version is installed and i need a previous one

So it detects no version of Civ4 on your comp?

Question:

I notice that the religion shrines seem to have a "cap" on the amount of gold/turn that they give to the civilization that owns them.

How can it be changed to simply produce the amount of gold for each city where the religion exists (as I believe is the norm for BTS), instead of having it "capped"?

My reasoning for wanting to change this...is because I think it will help the Arabian empire spread its borders easier without the Islamic shrine having a low-amount cap on gold...

Where in SDK do I change this under the Islamic shrine?...

Thanks,
Matt

Is their a new patch for RFC?:D

If you wait until the 3rd turn after America spawns, the turn when American cities along the east coast flip to you, chances are high that England will declare war on you as the flip occurs. You will get extra units at this time also, more than enough to go to war with the colonies that didn't flip to you (such as in Canada).

But if you go to war before the flip, you will miss out on the extra units.

You should found a capital (Washington) before the 'flip' turn, there should be room for this on the tile that you spawn with all of your settlers and initial units. I usually then go some turns of anarchy while I change civics, so that after the flip turn you are ready to start producing in all of your cities.

You can start heading west with some of your remaining settlers straight away, there is bound to be some free space in the western US. Just watch out for the natives/barbarians, those dog soldiers can spawn just about anywhere, at anytime!

Hey im new and i have a question: I dont really get how this mod works, like I started as the Egyptians and then it asked me if I wanted to switch to the Greeks so I did but the all these other civs started appearing like the Romans but it didn't ask me if i wanted to switch to them. Why is that?

I understand that uou can only switch civilizations once.

The feature is one that I've never used personally though. I decide which civ I wish to play as I start and stick with that one throughout history.

Top Bottom