Questions, comments, and everything else about the birthday contest

That is very sweet :). If you extend this story, it would still qualify though.

That said, I already like the poem and the Haiku, which have been posted so far :thumbsup:. I hope more will come.

We also got a comment from @Kyriakos on Twitter.
Yes, you've drawn a lot for Civ, while doing modding. We were actually thinking about how we could reward our regular contributors (the modders, the strategy article writers, the MP organizers, etc), but we couldn't find a good idea how to make this into a contest, make it fair, and at the same time reward everyone, who has already put in a lot of work over the years.
Therefore, we're not looking for modding content here, but rather only "art".
Map-art would qualify though.

We've looked at creating more badges or trophy points, but the first one isn't manageable (for that scale at least), the second one not really possible with the onboard tools, as it seems :(.
So right now we'll just need to do with our current contest ;).

Moderator Action: :hatsoff: very nice. I'm sure you are aware, but to let everyone else know, since this isn't originally from you (obviously), it doesn't qualify for the contest.

I was posting with that understanding, but you are right, it is better to be sure :D
:hatsoff:

I was posting with that understanding, but you are right, it is better to be sure :D
:hatsoff:
Off topic, but I love your avatar. :D "Never start a fight, but always finish it." :D

Off topic, but I love your avatar. :D "Never start a fight, but always finish it." :D
And what can I do for you, Vir?

Its an awesome show, glad to have met another fan ;)

Ooh this looks fun! :0
If there's no due date and my class schedule is merciful to me I can draw a little something as practice

Ooh this looks fun! :0
If there's no due date and my class schedule is merciful to me I can draw a little something as practice

Drawings would be highly appreciated :thumbsup:.
There is a due date though, we'll only accept submissions within September 2021. I think this is hopefully not too tight ;).

Drawings would be highly appreciated :thumbsup:.
There is a due date though, we'll only accept submissions within September 2021. I think this is hopefully not too tight ;).
It'll do! I will admit I have no idea what Civilization is though so I'll need to search up a lot XD

Reactions: PiR
You might have signed up for the wrong website :lol:.
(I do see you're playing Mafia, so it makes sense, but still :lol:)

In short: Anything with history's great personalities and anything what would qualify as a world wonder probably does represent the game well. Also any historical combat units, although that might be too generic, if it's not connected to anything else.

Just wondering, it will end on the last day of September and how late (or in which timezone)?

You might have signed up for the wrong website :lol:.
(I do see you're playing Mafia, so it makes sense, but still :lol:)

In short: Anything with history's great personalities and anything what would qualify as a world wonder probably does represent the game well. Also any historical combat units, although that might be too generic, if it's not connected to anything else.
To be fair, I did only join this site for the Mafia XD
I hope using the types of governments and an important mechanic in Civilization VI is alright!

I just realized the people can't be seen oops
I can send a version where the people can be seen better later, if needed!

Just wondering, it will end on the last day of September and how late (or in which timezone)?

The latest, so at time zone UTC -12, since it's then technically still September somewhere on this planet.

To be fair, I did only join this site for the Mafia XD
I hope using the types of governments and an important mechanic in Civilization VI is alright!

I do like the drawing, but it might need an explanation (I see the Turkish flag and...microwaves, although these could symbolize poll numbers?). It looks thematic though.

I just realized the people can't be seen oops
I can send a version where the people can be seen better later, if needed!

I see the 2 people in the foreground, someone praying, and a sheep herder. Or do you mean there should be more?

I do like the drawing, but it might need an explanation (I see the Turkish flag and...microwaves, although these could symbolize poll numbers?). It looks thematic though.

I see the 2 people in the foreground, someone praying, and a sheep herder. Or do you mean there should be more?

I'm glad you like the drawing! :D
So my explanation for the drawing is I decided to use three types of government: Theocracy, Communism, and Digital Democracy (I chose randomly for the other two, I was really focused on the idea of the Theocracy dude reaching upwards while something/someone else was reaching down)

The circle with a crown-thing is supposed to take inspiration from a logo I had seen on the Internet that meant religion, and according to Wikipedia/the Civilization Wiki religion plays a big part in Civilization VI, so I decided to use it and make it the thing looking/reaching down. The crescent moon and stars are just something random I thought of because I thought it looked nice
So yeah! That's pretty much all there is, I can explain further if needed - just ping me

Top Bottom