• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Answers (formerly Newbie Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one. If you're in anarchy, research is supposed to stop isn't it? I'm playing a game where I just revolted and am in anarchy and research is still continuing.

edit - Also I'm still getting 1 gpt.

Taxmen and scientists keep on working during Anarchy, so you can continue to reduce a 40 turn research time as long as you operate a scientist in one city. And your treasury can benefit if you ensure that entertainers take up gainful employment in the IRS.

What does F1 say about your 1gpt then? There must be a source - revenue from another civ, or a taxman are the only ones I know of during anarchy.

It's probably coming in from another civ as a payment for something then. Other civs, tax collectors & wallstreet are the only way to produce gpt during anarchy IIRC.

Hi,

Can I build the United Nations to prevent the AI from winning by diplomacy?

If so how can I ensure that I don't win by diplomacy because I want to win via another method?

Originally posted by captain chaos
Hi,

Can I build the United Nations to prevent the AI from winning by diplomacy?

If so how can I ensure that I don't win by diplomacy because I want to win via another method?
Yes. It will ask if you want to hold Secretary-General elections and click on "no."

Originally posted by Speaker

Yes. It will ask if you want to hold Secretary-General elections and click on "no."

Thanks Speaker:p

I lost persia 6-2 by a UN meeting held by the Americans. I was 5 turns from 100K cultural victory.

Doh what a newbie mistake:mad:

Please gimme a piece of advice. I destroyed a civ which was on despotism (btw me too) and definitely used too much pop-rush and every citizen of this civ "can not forget cruel oppression". I got a leader while destroying them and want to make the Forbidden in their capital. The new base should be powerful as their main 5 cities make a 5.5 size ring (!!!). But I can not use this power because everybody there is unhappy. What can I do in this case? Will it help if I starve them to size 1 cities and add my native workers and/or slaves of other nations to these cities? Or I should destroy their cities and build my own - but I really dont want to do this as it will definitely slow down my main (Capital) base growth and will undermine my reputation. This is deity game and any mistake can cost me a lot :( Maybe lux will help? How many lux should I get then to make them content at least?

Well... Shouldn't that 'oppressed feeling' wear off in a couple of turns? A little bit of starvation and some hapiness (lux, a temple) should do the trick.

Oh, and don't destroy those cities, it'll give you a rep hit (of course some people don't care about that...)!

Starve them by turning them all into taxmen. Recruit them all into the IRS and you'll boost your treasury. If you are runninig 10%/40 turn research make one of them a scientist to keep that going and drop your science budget to zero.

When you get down to one citizen then build them back up again as fast as possible.

The only problem you will have is that during each turn one will starve, they will then rearrange themselves to work the food tiles, and you have to go round and set them back to taxmen again. But it's worth it as you finish up in a few turns with cities you can call your own, less war weariness, and no rep hit from razing them.

Thanks a lot. Your advices are really helpful!

First up apologies for asking if this has been asked before but I genuinely can't find it.
What are the numbers in brackets seperated by commas in the info box beside your government type?

Thanks

1. Can someone explain what the stealth attribute is?
2. How does it effect the characteriscs of the unit?
3. Do AI civ units see the stealth equiped unit?
4. Can it be used effectively on ground units?

I am looking for a way to make raider units effectively invisible except when in direct visual range of opposing unit. Will the stealth attribute do the trick?

When you take over a city that has a wonder, do you start to accumulate culture for the wonder that you did not build?

Nope, only the builder gets the culture, but you can still make the best use of the wonders as long as they're not obsolete. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom