1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Turner, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D0NIMATRIX

D0NIMATRIX Full of drivel

If you mean delete them, there's no easy way to do that without rewriting the game code, but if you mean skip them, you can just click or press a key.

2. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Set in the ini file.

PlayIntro=0
    Can be 0 or 1. If 0, the intro movie is not displayed.

3. D0NIMATRIX

4. todd1701d

todd1701d Chieftain

Thank you!

5. TimBentley

TimBentley Deity

IIRC with no emphases 1 food=4 shields and 1 shield=4 commerce, not counting any food beyond a surplus of 3fpt (after new citizen eats) or any food beyond what's required not to starve when growing to the maximum population (6 or 12 when appropriate). The emphases make the governor do different things with different food surpluses that I haven't figured out.

6. toweringpine

toweringpine Chieftain

How do you disband a city?

In an old version I had you could build a settler in a city with 1 population and the city would disappear leaving you with only the settler. My Civ3 complete edition won't let me build a settler in a city that is too small.

Thanks in advance for your help!

7. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

The easiest way to abandon a city is to right-click on it and select "Abandon city". :crazyeye: But your way still works. If a city which is size one or two AND NOT GROWING finishes building a settler, you will prompted as to whether you want to delay the build or complete the settler, abandoning the city.

8. toweringpine

toweringpine Chieftain

LMAO

I have been playing this game since the early 90s and I have never noticed that function before!!

Sometimes while out exploring new islands you acquire a city that is far from home. Terrible corruption + no resources + no defences = a quick way for the AI to steal some technology and money.

9. Neotek

Neotek Chieftain

How do I stay in one time period? like middle ages so I could play my version of the crusades or somthing I tried on map maker by delting technology but it put me in modern times =S

also How would I start a game in modern times?

10. vmxa

vmxa Deity

You cannot do either in a std game. You could do many things with the editor in a scenario. You could make a required tech to leave a given age that cannot be research essentially. You alter the tech in other ages to not provide units and other things.

I am sure there are ways to get to the modern ages qucikly or at the start.

11. D0NIMATRIX

If you have PTW or C3C there's a map in Civ-Content that's called "Modern Start." Guess what it does.:D

12. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

One of the quickest ways to do it is to set "custom player data" in the editor then go to scenario properties and set every civ to start in the modern ages

13. watorrey

watorrey Deity

Questions like this are best asked in the Creation & Customization forum.

14. D0NIMATRIX

Well, he might have thought that it was a hidden option on the normal game screen, as I did, so he wouldn't think of changing the files...

15. Dezzilisk

Dezzilisk THIS GUY.

Download MEM (Medieval Europe Mod) definitely the Most all encompassing Middle ages mod out there, theres even a crusader states scenario.

EDIT: not really an answer to your question but if your looking to play a version of the crusades definitely the way to go.:)

16. Sloaf

Sloaf Junior Tubgirl

I know I've seen this around before, but the the life of me my searches aren't finding it.

Could anyone point me to an online (i.e. internet) Civ3 Civpedia? I'm actually looking for tech info, so a simple shot of the tech tree would also do the trick. [I ask because Civ isn't installed on the computer I use to access the forums during the day... read: I'm at work. ;)]

17. Sloaf

Sloaf Junior Tubgirl

Answered my own question... tech tree is here.

18. splunge the 2nd

splunge the 2nd King

Quickie question:
    Great Wonders made obsolete by technology:does the owning civ need to get the tech or does any civ getting the tech in question mess it up? Can I mess up an enemies Great Wall if I get metallurgy?
    If a great wonder is obsolete, does it still generate income as a tourist site and culture? Do real old GW's generate more culture like a temple or cathedral?

19. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Owning civ has got to have it. You can't mess up an enemy's Great Wall by learning metallurgy. You can, however, mess up their Great Wall by giving them metallurgy.

I'm not sure about the rest, so I'll leave them alone.

20. Tone

Tone Deity Hall of Fame Staff

Further to aabra's reply:
    tourist income-yes. culture-yes, as long as it is not a captured wonder.
    Yes, they all benefit from the 1000yo bonus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.