1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Turner, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

To add resources into trade you will need a road connecting your and your trade partners capital. Then Luxury/resource option will appear into trade window.

2. matt k

matt k Chieftain

I know that but I mean like, how do you download resources or terrain from for example this site.

3. darski

darski Regent in Training

go to the creation and customization forum and look through the graphics mod packs you want. (Start in the Graphics libraries thread) Most of them include a Read Me file to explain how to install them in the game.

Since many mod packs are from the early days, they should have been safe from the Hacker. (However, I have found some that are missing and some were missing before the nasty thingy happened)

4. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

Matt, there's a resource.pcx in the Art folder. Open it up and cut'n'paste resources into it like you did with the unit_32. If you want to add the civilopedia icons do just like you did for a unit.

Btw, did you succesfully add the unit?

5. chuckiferd

chuckiferd Chieftain

Ok Ive got two questions

I. Is there a way to establish a path skipping over the main menu? because of a problem with file F:\Sounds\Menu\Menu1 . The menu is replaced by a unresponsive black screen, the opening cinamatic works but the menu after doesn't.

2. Is there a list of Small wonder requirements, I have always wanted the Military acadamy and Iron works but never got chance to build them

6. againsttheflow

F:\? Is that your hard drive?
    I beleive the manual has one but there's also an ingame "civliopedia" (square button in the top left) that tells you all you need to know about them.

7. chuckiferd

chuckiferd Chieftain

oh I am sorry it is my CD-ROM drive

edit: and the manual and civilopedia will not give clear cut conditions for getting a Small wonder

8. TheOverseer714

TheOverseer714 Overseer

Military Academy needs a victorious army and the Military Tradition tech. Iron Works requires Coal and Iron within the cities' 21 tiles it controls.

9. darski

I remember from my Civ I and II days that the time it took to play a game was recorded in your victory declaration. I have also seen this info in SG's and stories.

With my current game, I do not get that info and CivAssist does not keep track either. Is there something I can toggle to get that info. Not that it matters overall but just for interest's sake it would be nice to know that.

10. EMan

EMan HOFer: Milk-Cow? Supporter

The Utility program MapStat by Dianthus keeps track of Game Playing Time. :)

11. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

darski, I don't know if there's a difference in CA2 because you play vanilla, but my CA2 does show the elapsed playing time. Look under the "General" tab, left column ("Game Info") towards the bottom.

12. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Are there any other programs besides mapstat and CA2 that keep track of progress ? (I got mapstat but can't install CA2)

13. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

There is the original CivAssist. It is not nearly as sophicated as CAII, but it is what I always used until I got a computer that could handle CAII.

14. darski

Yes, I know about that screen and it is one reason why I was asking. However, I am wondering why I don't get that time counter onthe Victory Screen. Did they restore it with PTW or Conquests after removing it from Vanilla?

It is just one of those niceties that are not necessary to the game but good to have nonetheless.

15. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Ooooooohhhhhh . . . :blush: I thought you were asking about CA2. I don't have any idea about versions earlier than Conquests v1.22, but in that version, the "Congratulations, you've just scored a _____ victory" pop-up does contain the elapsed playing time. Beyond that, I don't know. I've never looked for it on any other screen. Sorry.

16. Raijer

Raijer The 736th Beatle

Can someone please direct me to where I can download the PDF with all the key commands? I can't find it.

Edit: Never mind - I finally found it! :D

17. againsttheflow

Darski, that's another thing that comes with Conquests. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out.

18. darski

Y'all are determined to get me to make the big switch. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm still *almost* pursuaded to get one if I see it. No, actually I will buy one if I see it. I have plans for a TD Succession Game if I ever get C3C

19. againsttheflow

Look for a copy on the net, if you look around a little you'll almost always find something cheaper than what you could get locally even w/ shipping included.

20. darski

It seems there is some hassle against shipping software across the border.

Isn't that the first thing they promised us that NAFTA would do... well surprise, surprise... the gvmnts lied to us again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.