Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Assuming in 106 (I don't GOTM, so i don't know) the FP is still a small wonder, small wonders do not trigger golden ages.

Probably should ask that question in the GOTM forum.

i am in the middle of GOTM 106, the only game i might be able to finish currently.

now i am able to take wonders fitting both of my civ's traits, and i have got a leader! will rushing the FP trigger the GA for me after i have taken both wonders, or will i have to rush another wonder?

templar_x

I am 99% certain that any wonder will trigger your GA.

I am 99% certain that any wonder wil trigger your GA.

Is that a 'can' or a 'will'? In other words, is there a chance it will, or is it 100% automatic (assuming it fits your Civ traits)?

Is that a 'can' or a 'will'? In other words, is there a chance it will, or is it 100% automatic (assuming it fits your Civ traits)?

I'm not sure I understand your question. :confused:

If you capture two Wonders that fit your traits, you will trigger your GA by building any other Wonder, regardless of whether it matches your traits; Templar wanted to know if only Great Wonders had this effect or would a Small Wonder also do the trick. I believe it does.

The FP will never trigger a GA, period. No small wonder will trigger a GA. The captured wonders meeting the traits will mean the next great wonder will trigger it.

Well, my brain is old enough not to rely on it's memory, but I'm fairly certain I triggered a GA with the FP (after capturing the requisite techs) in a recent solo game; are you certain?

Just curious about an AI trait. does the AI ever clear marsh in order to build a city on the square?

I'm not sure I understand your question. :confused:

If you capture two Wonders that fit your traits, you will trigger your GA by building any other Wonder, regardless of whether it matches your traits; Templar wanted to know if only Great Wonders had this effect or would a Small Wonder also do the trick. I believe it does.

I guess I was asking a different question - I didn't quite understand T_x's post. My question is: if you build a wonder that matches your Civ traits, does that 100% tigger a GA, or is there just a chance?

I didn't know about the capture and trigger feature. That is very interesting.

Just curious about an AI trait. does the AI ever clear marsh in order to build a city on the square?

I would doubt it. I have not see it happen and given that swamps came in after vanilla, it is unlikely.

I guess I was asking a different question - I didn't quite understand T_x's post. My question is: if you build a wonder that matches your Civ traits, does that 100% tigger a GA, or is there just a chance?

It does not appear to be a lock that it will trigger, I have built wonders that match my trait and not gotten a GA. The only ones that are a lock are the civ specific one such as GW for China and Pyramids for Egypt.

Well, my brain is old enough not to rely on it's memory, but I'm fairly certain I triggered a GA with the FP (after capturing the requisite techs) in a recent solo game; are you certain?

Old, what is left of my brain is going to be 65 in Jan. Let me see if I can come up with a test for the FP. It is not easy to find a game where you can capture a wonder, have one or more built and yet not have built the FP.

It does not appear to be a lock that it will trigger, I have built wonders that match my trait and not gotten a GA. The only ones that are a lock are the civ specific one such as GW for China and Pyramids for Egypt.

Pretty sure you're wrong here. A GA is only triggered by wonder when BOTH traits have been covered by a wonder. Unless the wonder covers both your traits, you will need two wonders.

China: Militaristic and Industrious. Great Wall: May trigger GA for Militaristic and Industrious

Egypt: Religious and Industrious. Pyramids: May trigger GA for Religious and Industrious

It says on each wonder it will give a GA to whoever has that trait, but BOTH must be affected, so you will need a wonder that GAs your traits or build two seperate ones to GA you.

Wow. That seems excessive. No wonder my GA is almost always triggered by my UU. When I first started, I got a GA on Chieften or Warlord from wonders - of course, I had 95% of them. It would seem at higher levels that the only Civs that would need this trigger are those with really late UUs - and lets just make it even more difficult!

As far as I know, if it matches one of your traits, its only a chance, and if it matches both, its a 100% chance.

Pretty sure you're wrong here. A GA is only triggered by wonder when BOTH traits have been covered by a wonder. Unless the wonder covers both your traits, you will need two wonders.

China: Militaristic and Industrious. Great Wall: May trigger GA for Militaristic and Industrious

Egypt: Religious and Industrious. Pyramids: May trigger GA for Religious and Industrious

It says on each wonder it will give a GA to whoever has that trait, but BOTH must be affected, so you will need a wonder that GAs your traits or build two seperate ones to GA you.

Sorry I am not wrong. Here is a save I just created and tested. China only has GW about to finish and it will kick off the GA. It ALWAYS will kick off the GA for China. I have seen many many times for China and Egypt with the Pyramids.

Sorry I am not wrong. Here is a save I just created and tested. China only has GW about to finish and it will kick off the GA. It ALWAYS will kick off the GA for China. I have seen many many times for China and Egypt with the Pyramids.

I don't see how you are disagreeing with him. He is saying if a wonder only has one trait, you need a second wonder with your other trait to start a GA. The only way to get a GA with one wonder is for it to have both of your civ's traits, ie great wall for china

I finished the test on the FP and it will not trigger a GA , even if you have already made a wonder with one of your traits and capture another wonder with the other trait.

The HG would trigger a GA, had I built it. Instead I had America with it and captured it. No GA, but I now have wonders for both traits.

Then built the FP and no GA.

Playing lower level HOF Histographic games as Maya, I always require a FREE Scientific Great Leader at the first tech (Alphabet) to continue the game, even though it's only a 3% chance.......Then The Pyramids are rushed with the SGL and I've always received a GA........IOW 100% of the time received a GA. :)

I think I'm agreeing with Opies et al. :crazyeye:

I finished the test on the FP and it will not trigger a GA , even if you have already made a wonder with one of your traits and capture another wonder with the other trait.

The HG would trigger a GA, had I built it. Instead I had America with it and captured it. No GA, but I now have wonders for both traits.

Then built the FP and no GA.

You are correct, vmxa; I also ran a quick test, and it confirms what you are saying.

the consensus proved correct in my game. after what i´ve read i went the safe way and rushed the most useless, but only available wonder, TGLib. ack. but it triggered my GA, as expected.

then i wanted to satisfy my curiosity and went back and rushed the FP instead, which of course would have been so much more useful. no GA.

so it´s correct, and thank you a lot for your help guys, you need a great wonder to trigger the GA.

templar_x

For the life of me I cannot see any indication that one bomber is ready to fly and one that has already had a turn.

In this little pic there are four bombers noted and 2 of them have time left. What is the indication of availability so I will know the next time out.

available.jpg

the spoiler notes which ones had time left

Spoiler :
the two bottom ones have time left in the turn

help please, i can never make much gold, i put all research slider things to 0 and i still only get 3 gold/turn.. i have roaded almost all my lands so what's the problem? am i making too many mines or what? i have like 10 workers also.

screenshots:

Top Bottom