Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Unit support costs are costing you 28gpt - I'm guessing that you have two defenders in each town; that is completely unnecessary in towns that are not vulnerable to the AI, ie those deep within your territory. Also, your towns are too small - once you get them above size six, they will give you three free unit support, further reducing your expenses.

Berlin and Hamburg would fare better building an aquaduct; Konigsberg and Leipzig are building colesseums, probably the least useful of any building.

*cough* Coastal fortresses *cough*

At least Colosseums give happiness (which you can do better with by bumping up the lux rate) and culture. The only time I build the Colosseum now is when I need a culture bump in that city.

Looks like a fairly loose city placement too. Probably squeeze some more towns in there.

yeah the game builds buildings/units without asking me anything lol, how do i turn that off?

In preferences there is an option to always build last unit and also wait at end of turn.

Go to preferences. Check the box that says something like 'always ask new build'

You might find a few options of interest there actually

For the life of me I cannot see any indication that one bomber is ready to fly and one that has already had a turn.

In this little pic there are four bombers noted and 2 of them have time left. What is the indication of availability so I will know the next time out.

As far as I'm aware there's no way of telling, except as you've observed the units with fewest remaining moves seem to be at the top of the list.

It's the same when loading units into a stack of boats...when the dialogue box pops up asking which boat to load, I always pick the bottom one because if you pick the top one they'll load onto the boats that have already moved. The boat problem can be overcome by renaming your boats, I suppose you could do that for bombers but you'd still have to manually keep track of the ones you've used.

Well at least I feel better knowing that I am not missing something. Thanks guys as always.

is the paratrooper(or modern paratrooper) of any value, or is a completely nerfed unit? any good tips to put them to good use?

Never used paratroopers, I've used marines in 2 or 3 games because I had no choice.

Hello, dudes. I'm looking for some good mod with WWII, but I don't want HUGE map with already ready scenario. I want to play some random map when you just start with one settler. ^^ .

I"m searching from few days and I can't find it, please HELP! ^^

There's not a scenario like that that I'm aware of.

I'm back Civ3 fans!

Hello, dudes. I'm looking for some good mod with WWII, but I don't want HUGE map with already ready scenario. I want to play some random map when you just start with one settler. ^^ .

I"m searching from few days and I can't find it, please HELP! ^^

Do you mean that you want a random-map scenario with early Modern Age (or late Industrial Age) units?

Arexander appears from no where.

Probably some WWII mod made in here but without custom map. I don't know if there are any of those and I don't have time to search right now.

Arexander vanishes into a cloud of dust.

(This means that I was just taking a quick peek at CFC in the middle of our move to the new house. I still don't have internet connection there :sad: )

There's a map that comes with Conquests that has you start with all the techs, but I'd guess that's not what you're thinking of.

Why in some games, when I rain down firey radiation death on my enemies the entire world declares war on me, but in other games I can use 20 nukes and still be friends with every one?

Top Bottom