Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a tile is in your city radius that gets the commerce bonus from the river, it counts for building the Hoover Dam or a nuke plant.

Build up your worker force ahead of time by building them in cities that have hit size 12 or even 6 if it doesn't have an aqueduct. Many of these cities will recover in one turn.

@Darzee: A Worker Factory is good for producing workers. With a city of less than 7 Pop + Granary + 5 Surplus Food + 5 Shields = 1 Worker every 2 turns! ;)

@heppcatt: In your screenshot, it looked like you were pointing to a Desert square.........CAN'T plant a Forest in the desert! ;)

Add the line

PlayIntro=0

into the .ini file of the game you're playing in the same directory of the game. (i.e. - conquests.ini in the conquests subfolder)

You can also add

KeepRes=1

to the .ini, and that will keep the monitor res you're using, as long as it's above 1024x768.

Ginger_Ale said:
No, you don't. Tiles are 'cleared' when you settle upon them (ie; jungle + forest -> marsh), so no need to plant a forest (which you can do with the technology Engineering in the middle ages). It is a good city location, though.
IIRC you cannot settle on March in C3C.. thus it will not be cleared

An Army should be on the build list for the MilAcad city. I assume you also have to have enough cities to support an extra army for it to show up.

edit: the army is quite expensive to build...400 shields IIRC
edit 2: you can also cash-rush armies if you are rich enough

Well, it is the Quick Answers thread....;)

Also, it should be noted that you need at least four cities before you get your first army. So it's not 0-4=1 army, 5-8=2, but 0-4=0 armies, 5-8=1....

Turner_727 said:
Well, it is the Quick Answers thread....;)

Also, it should be noted that you need at least four cities before you get your first army. So it's not 0-4=1 army, 5-8=2, but 0-4=0 armies, 5-8=1....
Is it 4 for all map sizes? I was playing a tiny Sid game a few days ago and was able to build an army with just 2 cities.

Well - it isn't called quick answers for nuthing :D

Let me ask for summat:

Tell me where to look for a sheet of all keyboard functions (e.g. clear map) for civ3, preferably for conquests.

And don't tell me how to clear map (I know that), it was just an example.

It is my understanding that it's at least four cities for the first army, and not dependant on map size. I could be wrong, tho.

I recall that a poster here recently couldn't build an army with his leader, and it was because he only had three cities.

It is, however, moddable in the General Settings tab, I believe it is. So if you're playing a mod you could conceivably have more than 1:4.

Trooper - I have links for that in my sig. Check out Lonewolf's .pdf files for VC3, PTW & C3C.

Turner_727 said:
It is my understanding that it's at least four cities for the first army, and not dependant on map size. I could be wrong, tho.

I recall that a poster here recently couldn't build an army with his leader, and it was because he only had three cities.

It is, however, moddable in the General Settings tab, I believe it is. So if you're playing a mod you could conceivably have more than 1:4.
I was playing an Epic game, potentially for the HOF. However, my memory wasn't working too well. I just checked and I was right that I had only settled 2 cities, but I had also captured 2, so had 4 :blush:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom