Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
a4phantom said:
Does anyone know how many population die whipping an army in a city with M. Academy? Also, is there any problem with whipping foreigners (rep hit, less effect per, anything like that)? I have an idea to use a MGL to rush the academy in some large but worthless city in the middle of the region I'm trying to conquer and feed captured workers into it to whip out armies. Gold rushing an army from scratch costs 3200 :eek:

One citizen is worth 20 shields, an army costs 400 shields. With one shield already accumulated in the production box (rushing from scratch is out of the question here - as long as you don't short-rush cheap stuff beforehand), you'd still need to crucify 20(!) citizens...:eek:
AFAIK whipping does not work if you need more than half the population of that city. So that city must be able to feed at least 40(!) citizens. The trouble is that you cannot join workers (or settlers) to a city that is not able to supply them with food ('join' button missing then). Maybe it's possible to make a short-rush for another expensive production item and then join more workers to rush an army after switching production, but I think that's not feasible either.
Well that and I'm not sure if you can pop-rush foreigners at all...

I'd say build or MGL-rush your academy in the most productive city. If you have too many workers (if that's possible:hmm:...), join your native workers to different cities to boost population status and use the free foreigners to build rr, clear pollution etc.

Ok, I feel like a noob - what is RBCiv?

RBCiv is Realms Beyond Civilization. It's a group of players who have their own epic "competitions" and play many Succession Games and such. It started out as a group of Diablo players, I believe, and has grown since.

You can learn more at http://realmsbeyond.net/

Arathorn

Arathorn said:
RBCiv is Realms Beyond Civilization.

Thanks - thought I was missing something obvious.

Grille said:
One citizen is worth 20 shields, an army costs 400 shields. With one shield already accumulated in the production box (rushing from scratch is out of the question here - as long as you don't short-rush cheap stuff beforehand), you'd still need to crucify 20(!) citizens...:eek:

Wow that's way too much. Thanks.

This was probably asked before, but could someone tell me how to include WW2 units in PTW in my own scenario. The files are in my PTW directory, and I downloaded them again from this forum, but I can't get them to appear, my game crashes. :(

Thanks in advance, guys.

@Beloyar
Look Here:
Civilization Fanatics' Forums >
CIVILIZATION III >
Civ3 - Creation & Customization >
Tutorials, Reference, & Guides >
ADDING UNITs TO C3C: Thorough Guide for the Newbie

I don't do it myself but this thread seems to have the info you are looking for.
good luck

Thanks Shabbaman, had read both of those tho. Was wondering if there is a formula for ICS (like specifics on distances and directions and contingencies if there are mountains in your midst) or if it's just a general concept?

Hey everyone.
I finally got my copy of Civ III Gold edition and opened it up, my eyes gleaming with delight, and started out a game... and then was disappointed. The question is this, is there any one to have it not randomly place my civilaztion (in this case the Romans) on ther map, but instead, to have them start in Italy.. (and not india.)
I had read somethign about specific start locations achived by editing the map properties.. if that's so, then i'd like to know the file name and directory location of the Earth (huge) map.. i wasn't able to find it when i tried earlier.. any help is greatly appriciated. Im contactable Via E~Mail at either the one listed in my profile.. or Crimson238@verizon.net

@crimson: What you can do is to appoint starting positions to a player number in the editor. That's the civ3edit.exe program in the civ folder. The earth map is in the scenario folder. The starting positions are recognizable as crosses on the minimap, and as blue circles on the map. Right click the blue circle, then "reassign".

@oddible: it sounds as if you're confusing ring city placement (rcp) with ics. ICS is something like "build as much settlers as you can and then fill the map with cities". A general note with building cities is that you use every tile optimally. RCP is city placement to minimize corruption by exploiting a bug (that's imho). Read about it in this article by daviddesj.

By default, all civs have random start locations.

If you want to play with historical start locations, you need to either edit the world map that came with the game, or download a world map from the User-created Maps forum. There are many many world maps there. Forum search is down at the moment, but you can still browse through the User-created Maps forum.

Me, I like random maps better, but I believe Marla Singers's and Kal-el's world maps are among the best that can be found. Use Ctrl+F in the Map forum to search for those names.

Does anyone know The following:

If I capture the Colossus from a civ that is very far away from my core, will I still receive the one extra comerce per tile that already creates one? or will it be wasted on corruption? :confused:

The 1g extra is prior to corruption being applied. If your city is 80% corrupt and working 5 tiles which produce 2gpt + 1gpt Colossus bonus (giving 5*3gpt) then you will get 12gpt corruption.

No problem Mistfit (only just realised your name isn't Missfit :))

I prefer Webster's definition :
Dianthus : A genus of plants containing some of the most popular of cultivated flowers, including the pink, carnation, and Sweet William.
See, I'm cultivated! In case you're wondering, my real surname is Pink, and I found it funny to pick a username only loosely related to it. OK, so I've got a strange sense of humour :lol:.

Hey all,

Regarding AIR SUPERIORITY, I found some info in the FAQ thread, but it didn't answer all my questions.

The questions I still have are:

1. What is the radius around your city that an AS plane will intercept? If it varies by plane, then what are the stats for each?

2. What is the chance that a fighter will intercept? Does this chance vary with distance from the city/carrier?

Thanks,
DD

Dianthus said:
See, I'm cultivated! In case you're wondering, my real surname is Pink, and I found it funny to pick a username only loosely related to it. OK, so I've got a strange sense of humour :lol:.

Great minds think alike and feeble minds rarely differ....

My Surname is Mist Hence the nick...

Back to lurking :D

would you make this trade?
(Greece)computer wants- Masonry+Communications with one civ.(Japan)
(Iroquios)I get- Communications with one civ.(Rome)
what should I be considering? On its face it seems like a raw deal for me but I could be under estimating the value of another contact. I only know Greece and Japan at this point(1425 bc). I am not nor do I plan on building the pyramids any time soon. I have a 36pt lead over Greece and 28pt lead over Japan. Japan all ready has Masonry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom