Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobilization means that all tiles that already produce one shield, produce one extra. But you can spend those shields only on military improvements and units. Under mobilization, you can't change the build order to a peaceful improvement. And when a city is currently building a non-war improvement when you switch to mobilization, that particular city doesn't recieve the shield bonus.

The high shield output makes mobilization a very powerful instrument. But, as said, you can't build any other improvements than military improvements. You can only get out of mobilization when you make peace with someone (anyone). If you switch to mobilization while in peacetime, you can only get out of it by declaring war first and then making peace.

You decide for yourself if it's worthless or not.

I can't see why being in mobilization would cause unhappiness. It may be an indirect effect. With all those extra shields, you may have more pollution, and if the pollution hits tiles that contain luxuries, you may lose the luxury (I don't know for sure if this is possible. Can someone confirm?).

Now what you said about mobilizing under Despotism -- I don't get it. Mobilization is available after Nationalism, that's a looong way into the tech tree, so by that time you should have lots of far better government options. If not, you should improve your research or trading skills.

Gumby78 said that war mobilization is more useful under Communism or Fasism. That means, Democracy gets a hit(or everything else is running fine)?

Frollo, thanks for your tips. If war mobilization is used the right time, it can be very effective(according to your response).

In democracy it's more difficult to manage happiness, and since you can't build "happiness" improvements this becomes even more difficult. Besides that, generally speaking democracy isn't the best form of government for waging war. And since you're mobilizing, it's war you're aiming at.

Thanks, I certainly learned a lot from your responses.

Ethical Question

The Senerio:
I am playing Warlord - Pangea - Standard Size Map - PWT1.27
I am playing India - there are only 3 civ's left
Currently warring with Russia on the Norther Front
The second biggest Civ is the Mongols who are on my southern front
I am currently at peace with the Mongols(polite)
I have all of my offensive units trying to rid the world of the
"Red- Scare" :mad: (the Russians) on my northern front.
I do, however, have all of my sothern cities well fortified with
good defensive units because the mongols are equal in strength
in military power to me.
I have a 3 tile "open" space in my territory that has not been filled
yet
The Problem:
GK of the Mongols keeps sending very large quanities of military units (no settlers) through my territory headed north. (It's not that I dont trust GK - Its that I really dont trust GK with that many troops in my core)

My Solution:
I found out by accident that if I wait until GK gets his troops 1/4 the way through my territory before I ask him nicely to remove his troops all of his units "pop" to that little open space in my territory.

My Ethical Dilema:
If I surrround that little square with units(even workers) he will be stuck in that little spot unless he decides to declare war. In my mind this would be better than getting sneak attacked at one of my cities.

My Question:
Is this unethical/ against the rules of normally accepted play? :confused:

I look forward to your oppinion on this matter.

Thanks
(edit for spelling)

No, that's good play. Obviously, you should ask them to leave before they get that far, so they stay outside your empire. Blocking your borders (esp. of islands) with units is a common play.

Personally I think that when you can spare that many units you can just as well eliminate your opponent.

Nope, perfectly acceptable & smart.

You might want to establish an embassy with him, then check out the foreign advisor to see if he's at war with a Civ to your north. Also he could be barb hunting, the AI goes way overboard when it comes to tracking down those pests.

Gengis and Shabbaman - Thank you for your quick responses. I will continue to trap his units then.

BTW Gengis - You are in every one of the Succession games that I (lurk) - I esspecially like the "Training Day" - very informative and entertaining!

I have said it before and I will continue to say that "this is the BEST forum I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of!"

hmm... I might have to but that in my signature :goodjob: :D :goodjob:

King Alexander said:
I rarely have seen one use the war mobilization tab in the F1 screen. Is it worthless or not? When I tried it a couple of times, unhapiness became a major issue: I'm reffering specifically when Despotism is one's goverment.

How come you keep despotism so late?

Rude?

Is it considered rude to ask questions to players in Succession games as it is being played?

I'm pretty new here and I wouldn't want to step on anyones toes.

BTW for anyone just learning the game following the succession game threads is a really good way to pick up on how the really good players play

I would pm the starter of the thread and ask if they would mind discussion. Some will, some won't. I'm sure all wouldn't mind answering your questions via PM/email.

I'm hosting a PBEM--can I change the admin password or am I stuck with the one I started with? Thanks in advance!

Misfit: You can often tell from the general tenor of the thread. But it never hurts to PM the *owner* of the game and ask. ;) SG-ers know they have lots of lurkers, so they don't usually mind a little kibitzing. Especially in a Training Day Game. :)

Mistfit said:
Rude?

Is it considered rude to ask questions to players in Succession games as it is being played?

I'm pretty new here and I wouldn't want to step on anyones toes.

BTW for anyone just learning the game following the succession game threads is a really good way to pick up on how the really good players play
Normally you should(like suggested) PM the starter of the thread, and he'll either answer it for you in the PM or so it's fine.

With the crew I normally play SGs will, lurker comments/questions are perfectly acceptable & even welcomed. We all love to help out & knowing that theres people out there reading along just makes us post more pictures(which is always a good thing).

The TDG is even more lurker friendly, we actively encourage lurkers to step in & ask question or post feedback. The two people who have contributed as much or even more then me, ControlFreak & MadBax were technically "lurkers."

Rocinante: I think you're stuck with it, I've never actually gone into the admin part though.

What is an RPC ring (city placement). There is no article that I have seen about it, so maybe there is a post? I was meaning to search for it but I can't seem to find the search button that was on the old forum before upgraded, only a FAQ search.

Thanks.

RCP, you mean, ring city placement. Don't bother unless you're playing vanilla or ptw, it doesn't work in C3C. It is based on a bug that the program couldn't keep apart multiple cities built on the same distance from the capital, thus lowering the corruption.

I assume the search is down due to heavy traffic.

el_kalkylus said:
What is an RPC ring (city placement). There is no article that I have seen about it, so maybe there is a post? I was meaning to search for it but I can't seem to find the search button that was on the old forum before upgraded, only a FAQ search.

Thanks.
Check out Ring City Placement in the war academy. It no longer works in C3C.

When playing with more than 8 civs, how can you see what's going on with all of the others via the Foreign Advisor screen? I read this somewhere but forgot what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom