Quick Civ 7 idea about more flashing lights on the user interface

DeckerdJames

Warlord
I forget things I planned to do very often. I think it would be cool if lights could flash slowly like a gentle pulse on UI elements that require attention. For example, in Civ 6 when there is an available governor promotion the small governor button on the main UI would gently pulse and cycle between the normal color and a brighter or redder version of the button. This would serve as a gentle but perpetual reminder. When you hover the mouse over the end turn button the flashing elements could pulse 100% faster or do that cool double pulse, double pause, double pulse at a fast pace in a cycle.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to personnalize the notifications. But i don't know if this would be optimal, because any notification had its kind of use I guess. Maybe a mode where you can "program" the most interesting notifications to you, for example you could "program" a pop up with a voice like in Ridge Racer : "You Discovered A Tribal Village !!!" I already fantasized such things, like armies being bigger than normal units and such. (but I don't think it would work with 3D models and icons on top of them, unless you make armies like GDRs or something - that would still be an option, as maby players already dislike the disproportions, and it should be so the army is way stronger than the normal unit too, otherwise it would have little sense)

I would like to be able to personnalize the notifications. But i don't know if this would be optimal, because any notification had its kind of use I guess. Maybe a mode where you can "program" the most interesting notifications to you, for example you could "program" a pop up with a voice like in Ridge Racer : "You Discovered A Tribal Village !!!" I already fantasized such things, like armies being bigger than normal units and such. (but I don't think it would work with 3D models and icons on top of them, unless you make armies like GDRs or something - that would still be an option, as maby players already dislike the disproportions, and it should be so the army is way stronger than the normal unit too, otherwise it would have little sense)
There are hundreds to thousands of notifications in Paradox titles, they are distributed into 4 types based on priority, each type has its own way of displaying: for example, one type of notification pops up on the screen, another type only shows in the log and pops up only when you click on it; you can choose which priority to assign to which notification. This shouldn't be difficult at all to implement in Civilization

There are hundreds to thousands of notifications in Paradox titles, they are distributed into 4 types based on priority, each type has its own way of displaying: for example, one type of notification pops up on the screen, another type only shows in the log and pops up only when you click on it; you can choose which priority to assign to which notification. This shouldn't be difficult at all to implement in Civilization
Heck yeah seems perfect ! Well almost... I still fantasize Ridge Racer voices. :(
I want strobe lights in the main menu
Hell no. I'm already deaf because I cut the awfully annoying music, I don't want to become blind because of an awfully annoying menu screen.

Top Bottom