Quick question about Rantine

Andostre

Chieftain
Hi again, folks.

I'm playing Clan of Embers, and for some reason, Rantine doesn't have the option to explore any of the dungeons that I move him onto. There are no Barbarian units on the tile (does that make a difference in regards to Goblin forts, barrows, and tomb-things that spawn Lizardmen?), and Rantine has full movement.

Am I missing something?

You are at peace with Barbarian faction. Unless you declare war, you will not be able to explore dungeons.

Expanded: Essentially, Lairs provided too big of a boost for civs that started at peace with Barbs as the big, nasty results simply wandered around and crushed your enemies. There are a couple of ways to push yourself into war with the Barbs if you want to, but Rantine's special ability then becomes useless. Try to grab cities while you can with him, upping his strength/power whenever possible with promotions and equipment to let you grab larger cities as the Barbs become harder. Sooner or later you'll end up at war with them anyways, so get what you can and then use your super-powered Rantine to explore to your heart's content.

Okay, that makes sense. I snickered when I dropped a boat on Aifon Isle and did exactly that. Griffons and undead things just spawned and scattered. Some pirates spawned, too, but they scattered, and I forgot that they had the Hidden Nationality promotion until those same pirates later killed the friendly sea serpent that finally spawned when I cleared the lair.

I'm assuming that Aifon Isle and Brandeline's Well don't have the same limitation for Barbarian-aligned civs. Maybe I'll see if I can get Rantine onto Brandeline's Well.

Thanks, HadesScorn.

Hmm...if they don't and you were still at peace with the Barbs, its probably an oversight. One that in Brandy's case should def. be closed due to the massive death that can pour out of it.

Yeah, I tried it, and Brandeline's well is a no go. Only Aifon Isle is the exception.

I think you could open Aifon because you had a hidden nationanlity boat.
With that you can attack anyone, even barbs, without triggering war.

I think as Embers you can open dungeons with the stooges for exemple.

I think you could open Aifon because you had a hidden nationanlity boat.
With that you can attack anyone, even barbs, without triggering war.

I think as Embers you can open dungeons with the stooges for exemple.

Nver thought about that! Really interesting (and useful) idea

Top Bottom