Quick Questions and Answers

Not to start a whole new discussion on trade routes (it's been done to death), but, am I the only one here who actually LIKES the trade route system? I mean, it seems like everyone else hates it with a passion. Anyone else out there like it?

Not to start a whole new discussion on trade routes (it's been done to death), but, am I the only one here who actually LIKES the trade route system? I mean, it seems like everyone else hates it with a passion. Anyone else out there like it?

No, there's definitely a range of opinions about them. A lot of people are mostly concerned with the interface. Some people like them, but think they should be weakened. Some think they should be dependent more directly on city yields. Actually, I fit into all three of those groups.

hi everybody !

Can u help me tout find ingame editor for Be without steam !

thank U

There's also the important distinction between ppl who just hate trade routes period, vs people who like the concept of trade routes but hate the a) poor implementation of Trade Route Simulator Pro UI, and/or b) the balance of yields via trade routes

Me, I like the routes but even with modest 7 city empire, micromanaging 21 trade routes is a real pita

I like trade routes. They add an interesting feature to the game. I monitor them less than I have to monitor and assign Workers -- that would make them really annoying. I don't see many people saying Workers are over-powered or require too much attention. But, I guess that is because you can automate Workers - but that really introduces problem.

The interface for them is slated to be improved, fortunately. That is what makes them a chore. And, of course I don't have as many Workers as I usually have Trade Routes. I'm sure am glad they are automated once they have been assigned!: so I don't have to pay attention to them by moving them to and from their destinations.

Of course, I probably don't usually have as many Cities as some of the people who complain about them.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, searched but couldn't find anything.

Why can't I build the mind flower? I appear to have everything required, its listed on my build options, but when I click it, it doesn't select it, instead it deselects all my workers from the tiles around my city. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

So now I have to try for a contact victory, except I'm playing an Exoplanet map, which have almost zero alien ruins, so instead I'm waiting for [random number] turns for my satellite to get the contact signal. Which is really, really, tedious. Game is very boring right now.

Why can't I build the mind flower? I appear to have everything required, its listed on my build options, but when I click it, it doesn't select it, instead it deselects all my workers from the tiles around my city. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

It only appears to do that. Those black dots are actually the game asking you where you'd like to put the Mind Flower. It's strange, because it's a tile improvement wonder, and not something you build inside your city. So you have to pick which tile you want to put it on (preferably somewhere defensible).

You're not the first person to have this problem, but I can't remember where the thread was.

As for trade routes, I wouldn't mind a few improvements to the interface, and getting rid of the set number of turns, but I don't feel they're over-powered or that they're a bad idea. I hope Firaxis keeps them mostly as is with a few tweaks (and it sounds like they're going in that direction with the next patch).

It only appears to do that. Those black dots are actually the game asking you where you'd like to put the Mind Flower. It's strange, because it's a tile improvement wonder, and not something you build inside your city. So you have to pick which tile you want to put it on (preferably somewhere defensible).

You're not the first person to have this problem, but I can't remember where the thread was.

You are correct, thanks.

Unfortunately, this information came 15 turns too late, and I just lost by 2 frikken turns!! :mad:

Mantle and Hypercore. How does that "+1 X per Supremacy Affinity level." work? I tried those in couple of games and got normal building bonus, but nothing extra based on affinity. It's bugged or am I missing something?

got little problem. Sometime (almost all game) got problems with my city. Mostly time i pub many city (settlers--->settlers---> etc) and when my healt got -2X (or even 1X) game switch citizen in my 1, 2 or 3 city and city got stagnation or starving. Need enter to city and switch citizen but next turn game switch them again and city stagnation or starving.

How i can turn off this?? If i don't look too much into city and mostly in turn 110+ many of my city got 3-6 citizen (or even 1)...

Mantle and Hypercore. How does that "+1 X per Supremacy Affinity level." work? I tried those in couple of games and got normal building bonus, but nothing extra based on affinity. It's bugged or am I missing something?

I think it's just a one-time bonus? Which is really lame...
Because its a quest, I don't have any save games from right before to check it.

got little problem. Sometime (almost all game) got problems with my city. Mostly time i pub many city (settlers--->settlers---> etc) and when my healt got -2X (or even 1X) game switch citizen in my 1, 2 or 3 city and city got stagnation or starving. Need enter to city and switch citizen but next turn game switch them again and city stagnation or starving.

How i can turn off this?? If i don't look too much into city and mostly in turn 110+ many of my city got 3-6 citizen (or even 1)...

Someone in another thread mentioned that the city governor will deprioritize food at certain extreme negative levels of health (figuring killing off citizens is a good way to rectify the health problem). We don't believe there's a way to override it.

I think it's just a one-time bonus? Which is really lame...
Because its a quest, I don't have any save games from right before to check it.

Hah, thanks. That's so useless that I didn't expect that at all. Must be a bug for so late building as "per turn" or "10x affinity would make more sense" would make much more sense.

I like it! I don't mind the micromanaging, I don't min max it (well, except that I make a point of trading with all the stations I can reach). I do take advantage of powering up a new outpost by having all other cities trade with it for a round but that seems reasonable enough to me. I enjoy the quests tied to it (I've taken both routes with Far Base 1 for instance) as well and I'll sometimes vary which civs I'm trading with for rplay reasons. I'd hate to see it nerfed into pointlessness.

It's per civ bonus and added in total science/culture. But the problem is it isn't shown in tooltip.

Is there any reason I shouldn't Terrascape everything?

Yeah. First off, terrascapes replace the yield of the tile, so it is less valuable on tiles with better base yields. Second, some of the other improvements may be better, depending on what you want and what bonuses to improvements you have (from techs or virtues). Third, you might want to focus some of your cities to maximize internal trade routes. Finally, as you probably know, there's a 6 energy per turn cost for the improvement, so you might just not be able to afford it.

Top Bottom