1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

2. Protok St

Protok St Chieftain

Aliens and their hostility can vary from Biome type. Look at the tooltip on screenshots.
    Primordial biome has an Alien Opinion Sensitivity +50%.
    That means Primordial Aliens will get same hostility if you kill 2 of them, as other biome Aliens will get from killing 3 of them.

Spoiler Biome tooltip :

legalizefreedom likes this.
  3. Protok St

Protok St Chieftain

There is two maps for "all land" playing. With option "Bodies of Water" you can choose number of water from a ~12 tiles sized seas to the few drops of it.
    Spoiler Eridani and Skirmish :

There is also a map for "all sea" playing. Called "Tiny Islands".
    Spoiler Tiny Islands :

4. moors

moors Warlord

There's titanium on the site I want to build an aquatic city on, would I lose its benefit by building an outpost on or moving my aquatic city on it ?

Shall I just keep my aquatic city/outpost away from it ?

5. Protok St

Protok St Chieftain

Building a city on resource will destroy it.
    Moving a city on a tile with resource keep it safe.

vorlon_mi likes this.
  6. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

Always build your outposts in shallow water, adjacent to the resource. Your worker can improve it, even before the outpost grows into a city. As @Protok St wrote, settling on the resource will destroy it and moving onto it, after you have improved it, is safe.

I usually move my aquatic cities once, to gain additional tiles for the production cost of moving the city. I may not move them more than once, if I can buy a resource tile for less than 100 energy. Moving the city means its production is tied up, not making (say) a naval unit.

7. moors

moors Warlord

Must I improve the resource before moving my city onto the tile to have its full benefits after I moved my city ?

8. vorlon_mi

Yes. One needs to improve any resource -- especially strategic resources -- before getting the benefits.

9. vorlon_mi

Is a carrier considered a melee ship? In my current game, I just had an AI send a carrier as part of its attack group for a coastal city. It didn't seem to have any aircraft stationed on it.

Is this just an example of the AI not knowing how to use air assets properly? Or could the carrier have attacked my city somehow?

10. Protok St

Protok St Chieftain

I do not know exactly, but maybe he prepare it for rebase air force.

11. vorlon_mi

Well, it didn't last long. He moved it so close to my coastline, both my artillery and planes could reach it. One turn, bottom of the ocean. :ar15::devil:

Protok St likes this.
  12. legalizefreedom

Interestingly enough, I believe the only way to level a carrier is to let it get attacked repeatedly. Luckily the Purity and Supremacy versions make good meat shields.

I'm not suggesting the AI was trying to level his carrier, but you never know... :assimilate:

13. vorlon_mi

I've received an affinity buff for my carriers. I've never tried letting them be attacked to build up experience.
    Are there more affinity buffs to try for? If one is able to max out the affinity, can the carrier be raised to level 3?

But, thinking your idea through to the next step, what would I use that experience for?
    The "sword" promotion doesn't make sense, unless it somehow applies to the planes that are based on the carrier.
    And I wouldn't need the "heal" promotion if it wasn't attacked in the first place.

14. legalizefreedom

Good question. I'm not sure if the attack bonus would apply to aircraft.
    I've never paid attention to if the bonus was different for them. Would make a lot of sense to have their bonus be defense.

15. Pinks

Pinks Chieftain

So here's a dumb question, which probably has a very obvious answer that I've some how missed; Is there a place on this site (or otherwise related to) for commissioning the creation of a mod for a game? Specifically, this game, mind you...
    I'm looking to make a mod which would forbid the AI from being capable of settling water cities/tiles, whilst leaving players fully capable, unhindered in the slightest, to continue utilizing water settling, at their leisure...

16. vorlon_mi

Each game has a forum devoted to mods, creative content and customization. In particular, this game has a forum for requesting / suggesting mods https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civbe-requests-and-ideas.510/

That's the good news. The less good news is that I don't see many recent postings there. I'm not sure that the modding community for this game is very active.

Another place to look is the Steam marketplace for this game. They may also have some forums which allow you to request a mod with specific characteristics.