• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

That's good to know, thanks.

Just a few things I've noticed/found different, not sure if this is just a one off or if this is a normal thing. I seem to be generating a lot more gold in the early phases than I would in a normal Civ5 game. Starting to think I need to spend it more quickly to make the most of it. Is this advisable or will I run into midgame problems if I blow it all early?

Use your money if you can reasonably. Investing in the core buildings (Shrines if you go for a religion, Monuments otherwise) is always a good idea. When you want to rush somebody early-on (pre-markets), a little reserve can come handy, but even then I'd usually use the money.

That's good to know, thanks.

Just a few things I've noticed/found different, not sure if this is just a one off or if this is a normal thing. I seem to be generating a lot more gold in the early phases than I would in a normal Civ5 game. Starting to think I need to spend it more quickly to make the most of it. Is this advisable or will I run into midgame problems if I blow it all early?
Yeah, expend it. Otherwise you'll be robed.

Yields are greater, so are costs.

Playing my first ethiopia game, they get a free tech on belief and full policy tree (I totally botched the policy tech).

However I also got a free tech on found, enchance and reformation belief, holy moly that felt op, is it info missing or is it a VP bug giving too much?

Playing my first ethiopia game, they get a free tech on belief and full policy tree (I totally botched the policy tech).

However I also got a free tech on found, enchance and reformation belief, holy moly that felt op, is it info missing or is it a VP bug giving too much?

That info should be there, "free tech when finishing a policy tree, choosing a belief and adopting an ideology" (if I recall right the last one). And that are no more than 7-8 technologies per game, not weak, but not overpowered either. It feels op because once the religion is done, the free techs get rarer, the bonus is quite frontloaded.

That info should be there, "free tech when finishing a policy tree, choosing a belief and adopting an ideology" (if I recall right the last one). And that are no more than 7-8 technologies per game, not weak, but not overpowered either. It feels op because once the religion is done, the free techs get rarer, the bonus is quite frontloaded.

Yes but I thought choosing a belief only meant religious opener and not every step, Cathedral of St basil with built in Great library effect felt very good.
And this was without knowing and far from perfecting those bulbs.

But yeah I can see that it's not that often and on diety it probably is not a big deal, it felt very strong on emperor, if I'd play on king it would have opened up for a full world wide stomp.

Yes but I thought choosing a belief only meant religious opener and not every step, Cathedral of St basil with built in Great library effect felt very good.
And this was without knowing and far from perfecting those bulbs.

But yeah I can see that it's not that often and on diety it probably is not a big deal, it felt very strong on emperor, if I'd play on king it would have opened up for a full world wide stomp.

Of course, it is very strong, you have an almost certain technological lead until midgame, if you use that well, this can win you the game. Just after that, you don't get any more bonuses (or very few) from your UA, that's the trade-off. It's a bit like the cultural/scientific Carthage: Use your early game bonuses to snowball, because that's what you'll get from your UA.

Great generals, do they give extra supply cap from being expended (as into a citadel)?
I assume, captured citadels, or forward popped citadels lost due to razing does not affect supply cap?

Great generals, do they give extra supply cap from being expended (as into a citadel)?
Yes.

I assume, captured citadels, or forward popped citadels lost due to razing does not affect supply cap?
AFAIK, yes.
You get some additional supply points the moment you expend a GG. The future ownership of the citadel doesn't matter.

How is Crime calculated? Do only garrisoned units count, or do adjacent units count towards Defense as well?

How is Crime calculated? Do only garrisoned units count, or do adjacent units count towards Defense as well?
Crime is calculated off city strength. Adjacent units do not count towards city strength.

How do I go about making AI only games?

I assume this quest is not doable until I've first removed Mayan ally status?

upload_2018-5-9_21-4-54.png

Yes, but I'd assume that you first declare war on the city state allies, too and therefore never get the quest reward. I never tried, however.

There are buildings/wonders that grant x% boosted production towards diplo units. Unless stated as 'in this city', I assume the production bonus applies to all of your cities?

There are buildings/wonders that grant x% boosted production towards diplo units. Unless stated as 'in this city', I assume the production bonus applies to all of your cities?
Its just in that city. Its the same words other buidings use (having a stable in Chicago doesn't help new york produce knights)

Inked20180510173141_1_LI.jpg
Someone pls tell me why can't I establish a naval trade route from Saint-Etienne to Bucharest (see picture)?

I can establish land trade route to the same destination, but not the naval. Naval units have the passage up North through a fort at Lourdes. Can't a Cargo Ship pass through forts? Toulouse and its territory belong to enemy, but I guess Cargo Ships can pass through enemy waters without restrictions.

I have sufficient range either, but there is no option to connect to Bucharest. Why?

Your issue leads me to believe that cargo ships can't use forts, even though other naval vessels can.

Your issue leads me to believe that cargo ships can't use forts, even though other naval vessels can.

I can confirm this. It is an interesting question, I guess cargo ships don’t use the same path finding as naval ships?

Top Bottom