• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

To be more precise. Technically you can, but these tiles are considered dangerous.
Game looks for a way around them. It assigns them more „move points”, so this path looks longer for an algorithm. Sometimes you simply run out of move points and a connection cannot be established.

Talk about backstabbing... Even city state can do it too. Amazing

To be fair, I had the quest for quite a while but I had an east side of the world to take care of first.

Maybe in hindsight I should have declared for a phoney war to get the ally.

Why is there no option to negotiate peace in the diplomacy window with a certain civ? Does it mean they've been brokered into war with me and not allowed to negotiate peace until the deal runs out? If so, what is the duration of such a deal? I'm wrecking this guy so hard and I want to make peace just to save his poor ass, but there hasn't been a button to sue for peace for ages. It's been so long that it almost seems bugged.

20180510222758_1.jpg

Why is there no option to negotiate peace in the diplomacy window with a certain civ? Does it mean they've been brokered into war with me and not allowed to negotiate peace until the deal runs out? If so, what is the duration of such a deal? I'm wrecking this guy so hard and I want to make peace just to save his poor ass, but there hasn't been a button to sue for peace for ages. It's been so long that it almost seems bugged.

View attachment 495246

You are absolutely right, and it’s 15 turns on standard speed

They refuse giving quests for a while if you attack them IIRC (or demand tributes). Also no quest during war with them.
Right, but as long as they're showing up in the UI, they are available to complete.

Right, but as long as they're showing up in the UI, they are available to complete.
He had a quest to declare war on the Maya. The CS was allied with the Maya (odd but possible).

He was asking what would happen if he declared war, basically which would happen first, the quest, or the war.

The answer is the war. CS quests are completed on the turn of the CS, so by the time he could recieve credit for the quest, the quest would already be gone. In order to complete this quest, someone other than the Maya must become the ally before he declares war.

He had a quest to declare war on the Maya. The CS was allied with the Maya (odd but possible).

He was asking what would happen if he declared war, basically which would happen first, the quest, or the war.

The answer is the war. CS quests are completed on the turn of the CS, so by the time he could recieve credit for the quest, the quest would already be gone. In order to complete this quest, someone other than the Maya must become the ally before he declares war.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!

Hello mates!

I come back with same question...
I still can't get no "more luxuries" to work".
I already passed my game to English Language(from French) just because I was said it could be the cause...
I had a FULL game, and I never encountered a new one...
now
I just downloaded the new May 2018 VP,
I clicked all the mods, and [Next] to applies them... correct...
but
launched 2 games, explored a few... nothign new
checked the civilopedia.. no new entries
checked the tech tree, no tech giving no new luxury
encountered some city-state, no glass there either

I saw on "more luxuries" topic that cocoa should have a new icon... even this I don't see...
any idea??

Maybe It works with only a specific map type?? or what???

In the full game I had, I although never found the new units for diplomatics purpose
and another few stuff...
I probably have not only half of what VP should do, even I f I installe teh full version with EUI...
Only EUI seems to work fine, and I like it for sure...

I wish I would test the rest tooooooooooo

THANX for enlighting my path

Hello mates!

I already passed my game to English Language(from French) just because I was said it could be the cause...
now
but

I saw on "more luxuries" topic that cocoa should have a new icon... even this I don't see...
any idea??

In the full game I had, I although never found the new units for diplomatics purpose
and another few stuff...
I probably have not only half of what VP should do, even I f I installe teh full version with EUI...

Could you post two screen captures, one with your picked mods, another with the issue you are having? It'll help a lot.

and another few stuff...
This sounds like an issue with installation in general. Check your tech tree. Does it look different than Brave New World? There should be 5 options to choose from (5 rows) at the start of the game instead of 4. Did you use the auto-installer or Steam?

Mousing over another civ's unit and holding Alt shows the combat modifiers (see the screenshot). I'm puzzled at "Near Combat Bonus Tile 20%" modifier. What is it? Both of the machine gunners have it if I hover over them.

20180512130848_1.jpg

Mousing over another civ's unit and holding Alt shows the combat modifiers (see the screenshot). I'm puzzled at "Near Combat Bonus Tile 20%" modifier. What is it? Both of the machine gunners have it if I hover over them.

That's the combat bonus from Moai statues nearby for Polynesia.

@French guy, so if I understand correctly, not just More Luxuries, but nothing from Vox Populi works for you, correct?

Aren't you going back to the main menu after activating all the mods and clicking Next or something???

When ingame, you should be able to view the activated mods. Go to the game menu, somewhere by the bottom, next to the map size and the game speed, there should be a "mods" button. Does it display any of the Vox Populi components after clicking it?

Since I'm tired of spamming new threads, I'll just ask it here.

*Does changing the city's production into culture or science will make the gp of its type to have an increased yield? (great writers while all cities were producing culture or something like that). Before birth I suppose.

Since I'm tired of spamming new threads, I'll just ask it here.

*Does changing the city's production into culture or science will make the gp of its type to have an increased yield? (great writers while all cities were producing culture or something like that). Before birth I suppose.
Yes, 10 turns of last income counts(for Great Scientist and Great Writer).

Hello mates!

now
but

any idea??

and another few stuff...

First, make sure you've followed the complete procedure:
1) Go to the MODS menu
2) Select the mods (1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6a) (or 6b or 6c, depending of the option of the auto-installer you've chosen)
3) Click on NEXT. You should have "configuring database" or something like that.
4) Make sure you have the 6 mods enabled in the sum-up. If one of them is missing, or with a bad name (ex: no number), or in the bad order, you have a problem. Post a screenshot for more debug infos.
5) Click on SINGLE PLAYER (do not go back to the main menu, it will disable the mods)
=> For multiplayer, you need to use a modpack instead
6) Click on NEW GAME. Every civ's unique abilities are different from the base game, so you don't need to lauch the game to know if the mod is correctly loaded.

If it does not works, please post a screenshot of the step that does not works.

Yes, 10 turns of last income counts(for Great Scientist and Great Writer).

Thanks, so it was 10 turns...
I might want to exploit that by purchasing a gw with faith after getting the culture bonus from world's fair, and making all my cities produce culture. (All buildings were built, thanks to industry and tithe).

What I should edit to make ai more expansive? They just produce and hold settlers in cities, even if they have proper territory and enough space, meanwhile they always lose to civs that settle at leasts two cities. Doesn't seems smart enough for me.
Or its about dll and there is no way for me to fix it? god fudge

Last edited:
That seems weird, do you have screenshots? And turn on AI logging and make a bug report if this is a persistent issue.

Top Bottom