Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Cant believe, that someone can handle more then 60 cities and the player is not a Venice. I am always tired if have more then 30 cities...

Wanted to try a warmonger game as the Huns so I started up a Standard Great Plains map. Took out the Chinese neighbor and crippled the Celtic one, but then Spain, Poland, and Austria all declared war on me, and India was on its way.

Any tips on managing the warmonger penalty for a new warmonger?

Wanted to try a warmonger game as the Huns so I started up a Standard Great Plains map. Took out the Chinese neighbor and crippled the Celtic one, but then Spain, Poland, and Austria all declared war on me, and India was on its way.

Any tips on managing the warmonger penalty for a new warmonger?
AI thinks you are a warmonger when your army is very big compared to your empire size. But also, AI will attack you if your army is too little compared to your size. Controling foreign capitals is also a warmonger warning.

A thing that helps is having another warmonger as the other big bad boy around. Usually warmongers don't care too much about other warmongers, and they divert some of your neighbours. But if you are too successful, then this is what happens.

The Persian UA states that they gain 10% of their gold income as Golden Age Points. Are these then gathered as city yields? Hovering over the golden age tracker on top of the screen shows yields from cities and yields from excess happiness, but I didn't see any place in the city interface showing if the city yields are from Satraps (which I just started building) or from the UA, or both.

Any idea where in the interface I can check to make sure this is working properly? Using the EUI version of Vox with the 6/14 version.

In early game, you should give a break time after take some cities. I usually choice a good city as target. After get it, try not take more others because that enemy hardly become threat with me now, just only kill enemy units to train my army till i can make peace and get some GPT as winer, live peaceful for a while then choice another target. I usually avoid take the enemy cap in early game.

The Persian UA states that they gain 10% of their gold income as Golden Age Points. Are these then gathered as city yields? Hovering over the golden age tracker on top of the screen shows yields from cities and yields from excess happiness, but I didn't see any place in the city interface showing if the city yields are from Satraps (which I just started building) or from the UA, or both.

Any idea where in the interface I can check to make sure this is working properly? Using the EUI version of Vox with the 6/14 version.

It's city yield. You can easily check it in early game when you don't have much source of GAP.

I puppet all the bad cities, only control good ones and maybe because i play in marathon speed, everything seem ok with me.
Well yeah, I think its impossible to conquer that super pangäa world in standard speed. Sometimes already standard speed feels slow, if you you are at war vs 2 or 3 nations at same time, organizin all your army and cites. I never could play marathon. But its fine, if you like it. :)

250 cities divided 43 = 5,8 = 6
I can imagine, not annexing any conquered city is the solution. But how god damn long do you need to explore that map and what would happen if you explore it all with one scout? After Reaching Lvl 20 hes automatically upgrated to deathrobot? ;)

My suggestion: pick India, plant 15 cities, pick the belief ":c5science:/:c5culture: for every 8 foreign follower", autowin.:lol:
(My Pangäa Standard Map game has around 65 Civ cities and 10 CS, and with my 9 cities in the middle, ive converted 620 foreign population to my religion. Highest pressure so far: 1k ;) )
I think even better would be just to play China.

Doesn't adjacent farms work when there's a river between like in this picture, the two farms below the worker only get 4 food not 5. And the above farm where the worker is standing only get 5 food not 6 (under the popup). Or wait a minute, is "bridgebuilding" required for it to work?
upload_2018-7-17_11-43-15.png

Doesn't adjacent farms work when there's a river between like in this picture, the two farms below the worker only get 4 food not 5. And the above farm where the worker is standing only get 5 food not 6 (under the popup). Or wait a minute, is "bridgebuilding" required for it to work?
View attachment 499917
The farm where your worker is has 4 adjacent farms. It is all right.

EDIT.
It works this way:
Farm on a tile without fresh +1 food.
Farm on a tile with fresh water +2 food
Wheat +1 food.
Wheat + Granary, +2 food
Every 2 adjacencies, +1 food.

The tile where your worker is, has 4 adjacent farms (+2 food) and is a farm with fresh water (+2 food) to a plain terrain (+1food +1production).
The tiles under the river have only 2 adjacent farms each one.

Last edited:
Plains is 1 food + 1 hammer. Farm is +1 food. River is +1 food. Each adjecent 2 farms is +1 food. So Below river you have: plains(1f1h)+farm(1f)+river(1f)+adjecent(1f)= 4 food + 1 hammer. Above (with worker) you add 1 more food for 4 adjecent farms so it's 5 food + 1 hammer. Above the worker to the left you have also 4 adjecent farms but the right you only have 2 adjecent and no river but instead wheat. All works as intended.

Doh! I forgot that a farm on plain/river tile only give 3 without any adjacent farms. Yes, it's correct thanks.

Top Bottom