Quick Questions / Quick Answers

What denouncing an AI player gives?
Diplomatic bonus with peoples that hate the same civ (and malus with those who likes it)
Man i get maybe 5-10 CTD overall in every game i play. Anyone else?
If this is late game CTD, it probably is a memory overflow (you can reduce their frequency by reducing the size of the maps, or stop using the graphical mods like RED if you use some)
Are there any mods compatible with VP that you would strongly recommend using?

I've a list of favorite mods here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/vp-modpack-magnus-mutatio.639974/
You can either use my modpacks, or just download them, open the Mods subfolder, pick the mods you like, and copy-past them to your MODS folder.

Do roads now give plantations extra yields? What other random changes have there been in the last year? Edit: Ok its not plantations... is it roads over unimproved resources?

Last edited:
Do roads now give plantations extra yields? What other random changes have there been in the last year? Edit: Ok its not plantations... is it roads over unimproved resources?

Most likely reason is that you built a building that boosted the resource. To track changes, you need to look through all the changelogs since your baseline version. BTW, some changes may appear random, but they are all part of The Masterplan :D

If this is late game CTD, it probably is a memory overflow (you can reduce their frequency by reducing the size of the maps, or stop using the graphical mods like RED if you use some

Yes only late game CTD. I don't play with any graphical mods though, I can play civ 5 BNW just fine late game also.

I'm running 8 GB 1600 MHz ram and an i5-4670k. Maybe my specs are a bit weak. What should I try lowering in video settings?

Yes only late game CTD. I don't play with any graphical mods though, I can play civ 5 BNW just fine late game also.

I'm running 8 GB 1600 MHz ram and an i5-4670k. Maybe my specs are a bit weak. What should I try lowering in video settings?
Wpecs don't have a lot to do here, unfortunately. Civ 5 is a 32 bit game, so can only use 4GB of RAM. And Vox Populi use a lot more than BNW. I don't know exactly what impact and what doesn't, but bigger maps, graphical mods like RED do make things more difficult, while playing in strategical view reduce the number of crashes. So maybe lowering video settings works too, but I don't know for sure.

The CTDs are a bit ramdom. I play huge maps, running many extra mods, some adding a few new units and I am getting no CTDs. I think some people (with their hardware combination) are just unlucky. Not what you wanted to hear, hm?

Ok, so I got India as a neighbour, how can I deal with his religious pressure? He has allready converted 2 of my cities, and I'm soon about to enhance before i continue to spread. No one on my continent except me and him has a religion. I want to be peaceful but the only option here seem to be to conquer him and use inquisitors in his cities? Otherwise I will have to spend a fortune on inquisitors all game long right?

Spoiler :
upload_2019-2-27_20-8-39.png

Last edited:
Ok, so I got India as a neighbour, how can I deal with his religious pressure? He has allready converted 2 of my cities, and I'm soon about to enhance before i continue to spread. No one on my continent except me and him has a religion. I want to be peaceful but the only option here seem to be to conquer him and use inquisitors in his cities? Otherwise I will have to spend a fortune on inquisitors all game long right?

Actually you can convert his cities to your religion. The UA of India boost the pressure of the major religion in a city, so you can play it to your advantage. The key is you need to convert early and do it simultaneously in all of his cities so he doesnt have a chance to use his inquisitors.

Most likely reason is that you built a building that boosted the resource. To track changes, you need to look through all the changelogs since your baseline version. BTW, some changes may appear random, but they are all part of The Masterplan :D

EUI specifically says that construct a road and construct a railroad add gold. says 1 food and 1 gold for oranges

upload_2019-2-27_16-55-33.png

ahh I see thank you. But how many missionaries would it take to convert his holy city?
It depends. With +50% strength and 50% erode existing pressure missionary I could do it with 4, so with basic missionary I think you need at least 8, also you need open border, or you can use prophet for better effect. I recommend making a save before doing it because one or two inquisitors will ruin all your plan :lol:

upload_2019-2-27_22-31-19.png

What's the difference between City-State connected via trade and Can trade with City-State?

View attachment 519239
What's the difference between City-State connected via trade and Can trade with City-State?
One of those double whammy things when road can suddenly disappear and your ability to trade with city-state disappear (or canal forts disappear as well).

One of those double whammy things when road can suddenly disappear and your ability to trade with city-state disappear (or canal forts disappear as well).
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you said at all.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you said at all.

Roads and forts can extend the range of trade routes. When these get pillaged, the city state may no longer be able to be reached.

EUI specifically says that construct a road and construct a railroad add gold. says 1 food and 1 gold for oranges

I'm 95% sure that the EUI tooltip is wrong here, but I'm not in a position to confirm that.

City connected via trade: you have a trade route with this city
Can trade with City-State: you can send trade route with this city

Sometimes, you have trade route with a city you are no longer supposed to be able to trade with, but the trade route is still active.
For example:
+ The trade route used a canal which is now destroyed
+ The trade route used a building that extend trade route range, but you sold it
+ The trade route used routes and railroad to go farther, but those no longer exist

I see. So, in most circumstances, in order to be able to make a pledge of protection, I just need to have a city in trade route range (or be allied)? The City-state connected via trade is just a special circumstance?

I see. So, in most circumstances, in order to be able to make a pledge of protection, I just need to have a city in trade route range (or be allied)? The City-state connected via trade is just a special circumstance?
Yes.

Top Bottom