1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. MontyJava

MontyJava Chieftain

@Recursive

Not on Mac, but it does work via Wine on Linux (my method). I believe Wine is available on Mac also. You have to install Steam through Wine, then install Civ through the Wine-Steam install. At least that's how it works (mostly) on Linux. Note you don't get GPU acceleration I don't think, and it's limited to DX9 (which looks perfectly fine).

vyyt likes this.
  2. Duomo1334

Duomo1334 Chieftain

Situation: the city with the Headquarters of my Corporation was captured (monopoly was not lost). For some reason, neither I nor any other player can found this Corporation anymore. Why?

Civilopedia says the following: "When a city that has constructed a Corporation Headquarters is acquired or destroyed through any means by another civilization, that Corporation is immediately destroyed. All Offices and Franchises around the world are immediately closed, and the founding Civilization immediately loses all benefits from that Corporation. It is extremely important to protect your Corporation, as you will lose all of your progress in spreading that Corporation! A destroyed Corporation immediately becomes available to be founded again by any civilization in the world. There is no restriction in the number of times a Corporation may be established in a game.

3. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

That's a bug, please report it on Github.

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

4. MontyJava

MontyJava Chieftain

Quick odd request question:

Can we make it so if you fully pillage a citadel it reverts the border bomb?

So many wars I want to fight just to undo a nasty citadel bombing in essence, yet can't because it requires capturing a near-impossible to attack capital or something 5 tiles away. The GGs I grind out at least can undo it with some extra steps, but it seems odd we can't just ctl-Z that thing with a pillage action.

On that note, tactical AI does NOT use citadels properly. I constantly am able to just waltz in to an enemy citadel despite them having 20+ units roaming around, they practically never actually fortify a unit in one or prioritize holding them when attacked.

5. vyyt

vyyt Deity

@MontyJava , I am afraid that the original tiles' ownership is not stored anywhere.

There is this hex conquering mod, which lets you claim tiles if your units stand there for a set amount of time. I haven't tried it myself, but it could remedy what you are describing. Although I worry that it is too exploitable and the AI won't handle it well.

6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I'd say improved City States is a candidate.

7. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

I was looking into UCS files, but nothing found. Is it possible that VP contains this? All changed nmes I checked were greek, and there was Byzantine Empire nearby... I once saw something similar in JFD's mod related to culture...

8. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Issues with the tactical AI should likewise be reported on Github.

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

9. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Hey Eslavo, nice modlist there. In regards to your modlist, how is it possible for you to properly run so many mods without issues? It seems I cant avoid CTDs and all I use is Vox, Enhanced Naval Warfare and 3rd 4th Unique Components... Do you modify the mods yourself to make them work for your modlist or you just wing it? Lastly how can I emulate that modlist for myself or cant I? I tried looking up some of those mods and I cant even find all of them. Is there any possibility to merge your total modlist into a zip file or something for others to emulate? (no idea if thats even a thing lol)

10. adan_eslavo

Some mods were especially made to be compatible with each other (POfVP with ENW; MUCfVP with ENW).
    Some of them are flexible, so if other mods add something they adapt (like TOfVP).
    In many mods I contributed by myself or even make them whole compatible (look at my signature). Those were mods from outside VP that had to be adjusted for its conditions. That's why I started modding. Many mods were awesome, but incompatible with VP or others. It takes time, but is rewarding...
    Some of them are just comptible because they don't interfere.
    I tested lots of mods and those incompatible, with low value I just got rid off. Only testing will tell you if some mods are compatible. Look always for latest version and date of release and compare it with VP and big overhauls if you think they can cause problems.

These mods are most up to date versions and I ensure you that they are compatible (or they aren't, but I don't know that :)). I chose them carefully so if there are CTDs, then they are from VP itself. Incompatibility may only cause you to not have some parts wotrking.

Here you have:
    Small resource icons
    Unit path viewer
    Tectonic map
    Religion spread
    Historical religions
    UCS
    ENW (latest patch from @Asterix Rage; Infixo is not working on Civ 5 anymore)
    Even more resources
    rest is in my signature
    or in uploaded package
    VP 4-12.

Also remember that mods must be paste in right order to be working. Reference in mod files sometimes doesn't work if they are paste in wrong order (f.e. if you paste Capture +++ before MUCfVP). You can use SQLiteSpy to see COMMUNITY table. There are values for mod compatibility. They must be "1". If someone is "2" then they didn't trigger correctly.
    upload_2020-4-15_0-14-33.png

upload_2020-4-15_0-15-9.png (MUCfVP didn't triggered; CBP triggered; rest are settings of the mod)

I hope I didn't miss anything :) Have fun!

BTW now testing Enhanced Air Warfare by @Asterix Rage and Improved City View by @Infixo (patch by @Gazebo).
    BTW 2 There lots of nice mods on steam not present on CivFanatics. It's worth looking there :]

If you have any more questions, ask.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  11. vyyt

vyyt Deity

@adan_eslavo , these are very useful tips about the order of mod activation and checking with SQLiteSpy! Thank you!

@Jiggly , the mods adding new units with graphics can cause memory issues, especially on big maps. Also, Civ5 behaves kind of randomly on different rigs. I am lucky, I have not had a CTD for a year or so and I am using a ton of mods including ENW and a few others adding new units.

Have you tried VP without ENW and 3/4UC? Still CTDing?

12. NoirSuede

NoirSuede Chieftain

With Temple of Artemis, is the 10% groth bonus on the mod now a growth multiplier (as in multiplies the leftover food a city has), or is it still a food multiplier (multiplies total food a city has) like in vanilla

13. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Thank you for all the info, this is much appreciated. Just a quick clarification:

1) Since I am not that technical, do I need to use SQLiteSpy or can I just look at your mod order in the pictures you provided and go with that?

2) Does mod order in the folder translate to same mod order in the actual game?

3) Do you suggest using the most recent VP 4-12 (w/ patch fixes) or is there a more stable version you would consider as a more reliable version for someone who prioritizes stability.

Thanks Again!

14. cammcken

cammcken Warlord

I can't remember exactly, but I believe you can determine yourself by seeing how the modifiers are listed. When you hover over the city's food production, if the percent modifier is listed before food consumption is subtracted it modifies all food and if it's listed after then it modifies growth speed. Correct me if wrong.

15. adan_eslavo

Didn't play much recent game, but had no important issues so far.

Mod order will be different, because prefixes I use are for thematical sorting. You can use a rule: from biggest to smallest, so for example VP first, then UCS, ENW and after that MUCfVP (it must be after ENW). Then Even More resources. More Wonders. To be sure you can always check SQLite. I programmed it so I remember which one follows which. You not. Then CSL (after UCS). Meaningful colors (after UCS). Capture+++ (after MUCfVP). Then probably the rest.
    After that play and observe.

I used very stable 1-11 but POfVP is not compatible with it anymore. Same with MUCfVP probably. Use 4-12 and report important issues to Gazebo's guys. They need tons of info to liquidate those bugs arosen.

Maybe tomorrow I will load all mods I have and post you log with their approximate order, but all I wrote above should be enough.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    tu_79 likes this.
  16. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

It's a 10% base food modifier - it should show up as "Misc Player Modifier: 10%" when hovering over food in city screen.

17. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

This is my working mod-list based off some of your suggestions. Feel free to let me know if you notice any obvious problems or order flaws. Thanks!

Screenshot (2).png

18. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Also I noticed that the mod order in the folder does not reflect properly what the in-game mod select shows. Does it still load it properly from the file folder order even if it shows different?

19. adan_eslavo

That's the thing. Numeration is not reflected in actual loaded order. Mods use dependencies (mods required, which must be load before unconditionally) and this works fine. It is used f.e. when MUCfVP must be load after VP and cannot without it. Second type is reference when other mod is optional like UCS for CSL. CSL can work without UCS, but if you use UCS it must be loaded before CSL. And this function should, but does not work correctly if you paste CSL to the mod folder before UCS. If you paste it in right order, then game recognize references correctly and everything is fine. It is just civ 5 thing.

Your list should be fine if it loads in this order. Check lua.log after loading all mods to see what is your current order. I'm not only sure about JFD's compatibility with other mods...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  20. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

When I load mods and start a game I go into the lua.logs it just says "Initializing Lua" but no other info in that file. Am I looking in the wrong place?