1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

Compatibility issue that arose last year. The mod creator hasn't updated the post/links. See fixed version of the mod here - https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-beta-version-march-14th-3-14.643756/page-3#post-15405649

Galbias and vyyt like this.
  2. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

When was nationalization nerfed to one franchise per office? I don't remember seeing this in change notes.

3. PortugeseChicken

PortugeseChicken Chieftain

In combat, what specifically affects the percentage of the war monger penalty? I've got it at around 45% atm and I want to know ways of lowering it since it's making combat a pain now. I'm guessing getting the Peace Accords taken out of congress and getting Casus Belli voted in would help decrease it? I know that liberating cities helps, but there are barely any cities which have been conquered by any other civs. Is it just a lot of not declaring any war?

Additionally, if I have a city state capture an enemy city, does that count to my war monger penalty?

4. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Global Peace Accords increases the penalty and reduces the decay rate, Casus Belli does the opposite - so yes, that would help.

Passing sanctions against a player will also reduce the penalty for DoW'ing them or capturing their cities, but does not apply retroactively.

Liberating cities reduces your warmongering penalty, yes. If there aren't any available, not much you can do besides the World Congress resolutions.

City-States capturing enemy cities does not count towards your warmongering penalties.

5. steass

steass Chieftain

What's the best way to install VP and additional VP mods in the cleanest way?

I get CTD every game and I just want to play my favorite game (CiVP) without any problems.

What should I be deleting before I install and is there some sort of order or way of installing additional VP mods to ensure the files aren't conflicting etc..?

Thanks!

6. vyyt

vyyt Deity

You can try deleting the cache and all the files of the previous VP version (1-7) before the installation and then playing WITHOUT the any additional mods (at least once to see if you get ant CTDs or not).

7. LarryAR

LarryAR Chieftain

Am I bugged or did I just miss the changes:
    1. In World Congress, vassals don’t vote the same as their master. In fact they vote against him.
    2. Why can’t I give a captured city back to my vassal? I’ve rebuilt the city and all it’s land. Yet I still get “impossible” when attempting to trade it back.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  8. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

What is the difference between light and dark colours in diplomatic relations?

9. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Except for the vote that can get you Diplomatic Victory, your vassals generally will vote as though they have their own interests in mind. They will even vote to sanction you if given the choice.

Did you not liberate the city when you first captured it? Otherwise, it can be weird regarding whether an AI wants its city or not. They don't always want it back for whatever AI reason.

My experience is that green is positive relations and dark color means you have more positive relations.

10. LarryAR

LarryAR Chieftain

Thanks for confirming that things are as intended. Sadly, it's not how I intended. I'll miss gaining the world congress votes.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  11. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Light modifiers have an opinion value of 10 or less. Dark modifiers have an opinion value of 11 or more.

12. Deljade

Deljade Warlord

Planning to play again, haven't done so in 6 months, which of the newest patches is the most stable and best experience??

13. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

The stable one is from July 2019.
    Of the betas, March 15 goes well, except for coastal cities which are very vulnerable, and some on the work diplomacy changes. The latest patch from April fix some pathfinding issues, and improves (hopefully) the AI diplomacy logic, but coastal cities are still not addressed.

Also, I'd suggest you to try our Communitas mapscript fork. Feedback is welcomed.

vyyt likes this.
  14. Deljade

Deljade Warlord

Thanks for the pointers! Is there an active discussion on coastal cities currently? I do have a few thoughts on that

vyyt likes this.
  15. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

Does anyone have the formula for how the empire size needs modifier is calculated? Also where does the technology needs modifier cap out? I was under the impression it was 100% with all techs discovered but I am already over that and not in atomic era yet.

16. MIS

MIS Prince

Question on enabling events. Is it possible to enable events that give a choice (e.g. Monuments can get gold or faith or food), but turn off the events without a choice (e.g. good harvest). I like the choice ones, because they are strategic decisions, but I'd rather turn off the random ones with no choice. Thanks, M

17. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

Is Civ 5 / Vox Populi compatible with the Mac OS? I have a friend who's interested in Civ, but doesn't want to purchase it if it isn't compatible.

18. vyyt

vyyt Deity

No, not out of the box, because DLL. But I think people made it work with Bootcamp which lets you run Win on a Mac.

19. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Anyone knows why this code:
    Code:
    -- Random City Names (from UI - Random City Names mod by @whoward69 and @Nutty)
        -- create a temp city name table keeping all the Capital City names (first entry for each civ - hence the order by and group by clauses)
        CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilization_CityNames_Temp AS
        SELECT *
        FROM (SELECT * FROM Civilization_CityNames ORDER BY rowid DESC)
        GROUP BY CivilizationType;

-- copy the remaining cities to the temp table in a random order
        INSERT INTO Civilization_CityNames_Temp
        SELECT DISTINCT *
        FROM Civilization_CityNames
        WHERE
            NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Civilization_CityNames_Temp WHERE CityName = Civilization_CityNames.CityName)
            AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='ACNRAN' AND Value=1)
        ORDER BY RANDOM();

-- copy everything back from the temp table, keeping the same order, and then tidy up after ourselves
        DELETE FROM Civilization_CityNames WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='ACNRAN' AND Value=1);

INSERT INTO Civilization_CityNames
        SELECT *
        FROM Civilization_CityNames_Temp
        WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='ACNRAN' AND Value=1)
        ORDER BY rowid ASC;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Civilization_CityNames_Temp;

-- re-randomize if another mod adds a new city name (by @Nutty)
        CREATE TRIGGER ReRandomizeCityNames
        AFTER INSERT ON Civilization_CityNames
        BEGIN
            -- same code as above
            CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilization_CityNames_Temp AS SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM Civilization_CityNames ORDER BY rowid DESC) GROUP BY CivilizationType;
            INSERT INTO Civilization_CityNames_Temp SELECT DISTINCT * FROM Civilization_CityNames WHERE    NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Civilization_CityNames_Temp WHERE CityName = Civilization_CityNames.CityName)    AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='ACNRAN' AND Value=1) ORDER BY RANDOM();
            DELETE FROM Civilization_CityNames WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='ACNRAN' AND Value=1);
            INSERT INTO Civilization_CityNames SELECT *    FROM Civilization_CityNames_Temp WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='ACNRAN' AND Value=1)    ORDER BY rowid ASC;
            DROP TABLE IF EXISTS Civilization_CityNames_Temp;
        END;
    throws me such error:
    Code:
    [15650.285] near "CREATE": syntax error
    ? Everything works fine if anything from CREATE TRIGGER (re-randomize part) is commented. When I uncomment it it breaks.

20. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Also second question, but before, this is my mod list:
    upload_2020-4-13_20-10-20.png
    Which mod could change the name (but only on City Banner) of City States like Bratislava (to Stobi), Genoa, Budapest? I cannot find which... In all other places there were old names and I was mislead at some point where to find them. I needed to guide by colours...