Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hello, a very quick question:

Is a Water Mill the only economic advantage of being adjacent to a river right now? No other buildings or bonuses?
Yes. Also bath is available if adjacent to a river or a lake.

I don't remember if you need to be adjacent to a river to build hydro plant though.

Is there a benefit in putting spies in enemy cities that you are at war with? Would they sabotage unit production? Can thief sabotage too?

Is there a benefit in putting spies in enemy cities that you are at war with? Would they sabotage unit production? Can thief sabotage too?

They can steal tech/great works and conduct advanced actions whether you're at war or at peace. Diplomats however require you to be at peace (obviously).

Don't trade routes get some bonus as well?

If I'm not mistaken there's a 25% gold bonus? Might be wrong.

How does stealing a great work, happen? I've never had it happen.

And how do advance actions get triggered? I see the quests about targeting an AI. Sometimes it completes in a few turns, and other times I have a spy in their capital for a whole era and nothing happens.

How does stealing a great work, happen? I've never had it happen.

And how do advance actions get triggered? I see the quests about targeting an AI. Sometimes it completes in a few turns, and other times I have a spy in their capital for a whole era and nothing happens.

Random chance.

It's clear now that I'm doing something wrong, I currently have these stats:
Spoiler my stats :
upload_2020-6-8_21-48-36.png

These are austria stats:
Spoiler austria stats :
upload_2020-6-8_21-49-39.png

I have 5 puppeted cities and those have like 30% of my total population. So we have about the same population, but I still have 12 free cities. How does austria have 100 more science than me with 4 cities? Their religion doesn't help with science, and it's not exclusive to austria's UB since I got in my other games AI with 1/3 of my cities who make much more science than me. I currently have authority/fealty, non scientific religious beliefs and have library+university in every city

4-17-2 version. I built city near the lake. I can build cargo ship there but can't do the same with any military navy - is that intended? Another thing I noticed in this patch is that tiles with Jade anywhere and Horses on Floodplains have pretty low priority when the borders are expanding.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2020-06-09 11.14.40.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2020-06-09 11.14.40.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
Is this positioning supposed to be impossible? AI Mongolia did this off to the side during a war, I was quite surprised! Is there some explanation for why this was allowed that I'm not seeing? It's only 3 tiles from a City State.

Weird Sarai SS.png

Is this positioning supposed to be impossible? AI Mongolia did this off to the side during a war, I was quite surprised! Is there some explanation for why this was allowed that I'm not seeing? It's only 3 tiles from a City State.

View attachment 559133
Are you asking about founding a city less than 3 tiles from a city state? The restriction applies only on the same land mass.

I can get the TSL on Ynaemp to work, but the resources are not in their realistic locations and are instead placed at random locations with each new game set-up. I've tried many different set-ups and I've looked and read through the forums for quite a few hours now. Many people have had this problem, and I can't find a solution. I've tried using other custom world maps than Ynaemp, and while the resources look to be correct, the starting locations seem odd. I can continue experimenting with more various world maps and set-ups, but it would be so much easier if someone could just tell me if this is even possible, and if so to recommend a good world map, much preferably huge, with TSL and realistic resource placement, or even better, how I can get Ynaemp to work properly without having tobacco and silk in Russia. Thanks!
P.S. - Sorry that I originally placed this question as a new thread as I had spent so much time searching for a world map that works properly and experimenting with different ones that I had forgotten that I had seen that this wonderful Quick Questions Quick Answers thread exits. My bad. And thanks for any suggestions given, though I fear that there may in fact not be a suitable one as my prolonged experimentation and search were quite frustrating and left me empty handed.

I'm making a modded building and I was wondering, with the VP DLL, is there a way to add unhappiness to a building? I know it's not possible in the base game but I was wondering if there was something added to VP to allow it. Like how you can add happiness with "UnmoddedHappiness" but instead of that, have the building add unhappiness.

Forgive the low quality image but can someone explain what happened here? Are numbers that highly consistently possible?

EE02C9D7-92D9-44F1-B1B6-7F7AC904E8E1.jpeg

Forgive the low quality image but can someone explain what happened here? Are numbers that highly consistently possible?
Did they build the Great Fire Wall?

Also a tip, most OS have a built in screenshot tool. On windows it's Win+Shift+S, and then you can just hit Ctrl+V and it will paste the image into the post.

I remember playing with the Events & Decisions mod a few years ago and sorta recently got back into the game.

Several years ago, I remember events and decisions coming up far more frequently. For example almost every age I would get some choice of upgrading my natural wonder, as well as another part of a leader/civ-specific "quest". Not to mention the exploration/military quests.

Now though having reinstalled what I think were all my mods, the proc rate for events & decisions seems much lower. I often only get 1 upgrade option for natural wonders, and less leader/civ ones too. Did the mod change somewhat from a few years ago? Does anyone know how I might be able to adjust the rate at which these events/decisions to occur? Sorry I'm pretty amateur when it comes to this kind of stuff otherwise I'd have just done it myself already..

Top Bottom