Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Is it ok to play the CBP with all of the mods except More Luxuries? Does the game still work as intended? I want to play a the Ynaemp huge earth map, and while I am having extreme difficulty finding the answers to my questions (either I find a post where someone asks a good and relevant question that would help me determine how to use it, but that good and relevant question recieves no answers from other posters, much like my own did above), or the answer is one I don't understand. Also, there are many different boxes to tick and many different answers as to which ones may work or not work with the various incarnations of CBP and Ynaemp and the various kinds of resources and resources distributions involved. It is all very, very confusing for someone who is new to both Civ 5 and Vox Poulai and who wants to play on a TSL map with True Resource Placement. Someone says Ynaemp version 22 works best. In the CBP installation instruction there is a link to a post that has an explanation that I cannot understand, but it appears that the poster may not have used More Luxuries at all. In the Compatible Mods list it suggests not enabling any of the resource related boxes in the Ynaemp set-up. One thing I have discovered is that it seems that almost no one here plays on TSL earth maps, which I always prefer for their role-playing characteristics.

Well then, enough of my extreme difficulties trying to figure this out and back to my original question. Will the CBP play well without the More Luxuries component included, or is the game so designed around this component (as I imagine it must be, but then again, it is a separate component so perhaps that indicates that it is in fact not necessary and that the CBP will work as intended without it - now I am thinking perhaps the later, but I've seen no information to verify either possibility thus far)?

Thanks to all for any insight.

At the moment, I am considering using Yanemp version 22, without More Luxuries and leaving all four Yanemp resource placement related boxes unchecked. How does that sound?

32 years ago (ok, maybe it was slightly less) someone was translating it to German, but a lot of time has passed and the mod has evolved in the meanwhile. Even if the translation still works, I think it will be only partial. You can try here:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-vox-populi-localization-project.609232/

But I think you will be safer playing in English.
I see, well thanks for the information. What would happen if I were to download the game in German via Steam, but just keep Vox Populi as it is? Would it crash? Too scared to find out myself. :lol:

I see, well thanks for the information. What would happen if I were to download the game in German via Steam, but just keep Vox Populi as it is? Would it crash? Too scared to find out myself. :lol:
I think you would have the vanilla descriptions of e.g. policies, etc., but with actual VP effects. So one big mess :)

VP's text would override vanilla's text and be in English. Only unmodified vanilla strings would be in German.

VP's text would override vanilla's text and be in English. Only unmodified vanilla strings would be in German.
Are you sure? I often see posts in the install thread from people who have Civ5 set to a non-English language and they often report things like "Liberty opener didn't give me a settler" (or whatever the vanilla effect of the ex-Progress opener was). = The descriptions seem to be the same as in vanilla with the actual VP effects. But I have never tried it myself.

Are you sure? I often see posts in the install thread from people who have Civ5 set to a non-English language and they often report things like "Liberty opener didn't give me a settler" (or whatever the vanilla effect of the ex-Progress opener was). = The descriptions seem to be the same as in vanilla with the actual VP effects. But I have never tried it myself.

I might be wrong, I've never tried it either.

Did they build the Great Fire Wall?

Also a tip, most OS have a built in screenshot tool. On windows it's Win+Shift+S, and then you can just hit Ctrl+V and it will paste the image into the post.

I didn’t check but I don’t think so...it was only like that for one turn.

and thanks for the screenshot tip

I don't seem to have the vassal option even though I'm in the medieval era. Do I have to unlock a specific tech for this? It's supposed to be on the diplomatic screen but I can't find the option even if I'm warring with a different civ

I don't seem to have the vassal option even though I'm in the medieval era. Do I have to unlock a specific tech for this? It's supposed to be on the diplomatic screen but I can't find the option even if I'm warring with a different civ

The vassalisation option during war/in diplomacy is called Capitulation.

Guys, I dont get how this Moroccan ability actually works: Trade route yields to or from Morocco are not affected by distance.

Does it mean if a trade route is a long one, you get more yields out of it (than if its a short one)?
Or does it mean you get more yields if its a short trade route?

Also, I probably missed a trade route yields thingy. Is there any factors that boos your trade route value? Like diversity, distance, yields on the receiveing end or something?

I would highly appreciate a comprehensive answer :)

Guys, I dont get how this Moroccan ability actually works: Trade route yields to or from Morocco are not affected by distance.

Does it mean if a trade route is a long one, you get more yields out of it (than if its a short one)?
Or does it mean you get more yields if its a short trade route?

Also, I probably missed a trade route yields thingy. Is there any factors that boos your trade route value? Like diversity, distance, yields on the receiveing end or something?

I would highly appreciate a comprehensive answer :)

The longer the better. You get negative distance modifier for shorter routes, but for Morocco the distance is ignored so you can have short, safe routes with your neighbors or cs's and still make good money.

1 - You need "Civ IV Diplomatic Features" for VP installed and enabled. Make sure it's the version that comes with the auto-installer, if you have the standalone version this should be uninstalled.

2 - Make sure the "No Vassalage" game option is unchecked.

3 - Voluntary Vassal is the trade screen option during peacetime, Capitulation during wartime. Capitulation only works with AI if you are completely dominating your enemy.

4 - You must be in the Medieval Era and not someone's vassal to create vassals. Also, civs with vassals cannot become your vassal.

Does WLTKD stack? Like if I build a circus while while my city is already in WLTKD does it last longer/chain?

Hi, I have a strange problem - my prophet can not spread religion to a city state. I have a quest in the CS, I moved the GP there, tried standing adjacent to the city on land, on water and on top of the city itself. The "spread religion" option does not show up (I have 2 spreads left). What can be the reason? There's no inquisitor there (and should not be - it's a CS after all). It has another religion already, but I checked its beliefs and there's nothing that could prevent spreading. What's happening?

Top Bottom